Given the chain's reputation, the location (and the price) I was expecting a pretty first class experience here and was a bit disappointed. As others have noted the property is in an excellent location in downtown Victoria (right behind the Empress) though no better than several other hotels. The room I would characterize as satisfactory so far as size and layout. Check-in was handled quite poorly. 8:00 p.m. in a conference hotel there was one desk clerk who seemed to attach no sense of urgency to the line of guests waiting in front of him. And then we got a room on the lowest floor with a view of nothing in particular and the ice machine right across the hall. Other small problems which really should not have happened. For instance there was no coffee to go along with the coffee maker, we had to ask a housekeeper for some. And on the final morning when, for the first time, we actually did want to make coffee, it turned out the coffee maker was not functional (a component was missing). Or at the pool (a very nice pool to be sure) located beside a deck with chairs and loungers clearly designed for those wet from from pool, exiting from the pool to the deck the door locks behind you and the room key does not readmit you. That kind of thing. On the other hand the housekeeper who serviced our room on our 3rd and 4th day of our stay was one of the best we've encountered. Polite and very smart. Would we stay here again? We might. Will we stay here again? Likely not, likely we'll try out another property when next we're in Victoria.
- Also Known As:
- Victoria Marriott Inner Harbour Hotel Victoria
- Victoria Marriott Inner Harbour Hotel
- Marriott Victoria
- Victoria Marriott
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally located downtown Victoria, the award winning Victoria Marriott Inner Harbour is walking distance to all there is to see and do in Victoria. Stroll to the famous Inner Harbour for Victoria attractions, musicians and artisans, and whale watching tours. Our Victoria BC hotel guestrooms feature the kind of luxury you would expect from a Four Diamond Marriott Hotel including feather duvets and luxury linens, deluxe robes, free wireless high-speed Internet and individual climate control. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Olotels, Expedia, Hotels.com, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Victoria Marriott Inner Harbour reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.