“Close to harbor” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Victoria Marriott Inner Harbour

You added Victoria Marriott Inner Harbour to your Saves list
Victoria Marriott Inner Harbour
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   728 Humboldt Street, Victoria, British Columbia V8W3Z5, Canada (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
$25 Daily Credit
Ranked #12 of 58 Hotels in Victoria
Kensington, Maryland
“Close to harbor”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

The Marriott is a great choice if you have already done the Empress and want a nice close to the harbor experience without the cost of the Empress. The hotel is modern and cheerful and the service is good. Would stay there again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Scottsdale, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

The location of this hotel was terrific. Otherwise this place is not terribly distinctive. The concierge lounge was closed for the weekend. Typical rooms. No complaints. Expensive parking at $25 a night.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Victoria, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

19 - 24 May 2013
Location makes this hotel worth the expense. Many restaurant choices near by inner harbour is 2 blocks away, near tours, museum and many attractions.
The room was well kept, comfortable bed and nice bathroom. There is a cooler (not a refrigerator - maybe it isn't cool enough) and the cleaning was well done.
Staff were very friendly. Ate 3 times in the lounge, great service and outstanding food, reasonably priced.

Prince George, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

This ain't the Empress nor a boutique, but this is a very clean solid hotel. The room was spotless, the bed comfortable and the staff unfailingly courteous. The bathroom is a bit awkward in layout and the desk is too high to use the computer comfortably. However the location is perfect, walking distance to everything downtown and a short walk to buses to the university or anywhere.

Room Tip: try for a balcony, not all rooms have them
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Portland, OR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We enjoyed three nights at the hotel. We wanted to walk the city and were in a great location to do so. Close to public transportation. The city in June offers more locations to local attraction. There are not really great views to consider an upgrade since it is in an area with other high rises.
We had an issue the third day with someone breaking the no smoking rule. The moved us to an upgraded room and offered to help move our belongings for us. My only comment is that they could have left us a message about the issue rather then having us call and they could have had a room selected for us to move to rather then us having to go down while they checked to see where they could move us to. This was not a questionable smell of smoke but Very overwhelming. All in all, I would consider a return visit if we visit Victoria again.

Vancouver
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Although the hotel is very clean, well-situated, and very modern, I thought the service we received was terrible. When I booked my 2 rooms, and paid in full at the time of booking, I requested to have my 2 rooms as close together as possible so my family could all stay together. I then called the hotel, 4 days before we were to arrive, to confirm that we could have our rooms as close together as possible. I was told that due to British Columbia "stalking laws," there was absolutely NO WAY that my rooms could be near each other because how did the hotel staff know that I wasn't trying to stalk and kill the people in the other room. I am not kidding. I told the person I spoke to that I had booked both rooms under my own name and paid for both rooms so it didn't make sense that I couldn't do with them what I wanted, but she insisted that they could do nothing for me. I questioned her further, and then she finally said she could do nothing for me because I had booked through Expedia and they don't have any obligation to follow up on bookings made through third party companies. I was shocked. When we arrived on Saturday, a full 4 hours BEFORE check-in, I was told there were no rooms close together and I had to accept one room on the ninth floor and one room on the seventh, not even REMOTELY close to one another. I was very disappointed. I will never stay at this hotel in the future.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Medford, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

Spend three glorious days in Victoria, British Columbia recently. My husband and I celebrated our 28th anniversary. I am the gardener and the Butchart Gardens were magical! We spent one full day there. The Marriott Inner Harbour hotel was a great location with wonderful staff. My husband travel a lot using Marriotts so we go upgraded to a suite - Wow what a way to celebrate an anniversary. The city itself is quite cozy and very easy to walk around. The BC Historical Museum was fabulous and could have spent more time there. Took a guided tour of the city and other locales which gave one a great perspective. We took the Victoria Clipper from Seattle to Victoria and I would highly recommend it as the best way to travel there. Hadn't been in Victoria for forty years and was not disappointed as it really hasn't changed but only improved.

Room Tip: You can walk from the Victoria Clipper pier to the Marriott is 7 minutes with rolling luggage.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Victoria Marriott Inner Harbour? Share your experiences!