“Will try out the competition before returning” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #661 of 1,083 Restaurants in Victoria
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Cambridge, Canada
“Will try out the competition before returning”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

This Vietnamese restaurant bordering Chinatown is in a convenient location, the service was friendly and efficient, and the items we ordered were all fresh. We enjoyed the flavorful garlic pork salad rolls as appetizers. The regular sized portion of Pho was more than substantial, however I wasn't overly impressed with it. The broth was too bland for my taste. The place could use a little TLC. Our bill (no alcoholic beverages) was $30 for 2 people, so was good value, however, I feel we will need more incentive to return.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

“A "forgettable" experience”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

This is a small vietnamese restaurant, without a special atmosphere. And the food is exactly the same: without a real taste.
So not a bad experience but definitely a "forgettable" one.
There are too many restaurants to try: and this is not a place where I want to come back.

Visited December 2012
“Good Vietnamese food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012 via mobile

We gave Pho Vuong a try since it opened a year ago. We were pleasantly surprised. The place was clean, though it could use some decor. The food was excellent and the portion were plentiful. Service was courteous and plesant The price was resonable and so..I can recommend you this restaurant. This will be our favorite Vietnamese restaurant.

“Great Vietnamese Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

My wife and I (and granddaughter) love this restaurant. The hot & sour soup is a wonderful veggie option (that I always get) while my wife has been happy with every one of the meat dishes she's ordered. The staff is friendly (and the owner a great guy who always comes out of the kitchen to say hello). Try the ginger tofu appetizer - delicious!! Portions are large and prices reasonable

• Visited May 2012