“Wonderful Brunch” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast
Campbell River, Canada
“Wonderful Brunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

My husband and I and our two sons had a fabulous brunch at Jam. Our eldest son had been there before and highly recommended it. In spite of the fact that it was the middle of the week and 10:45 am, it was packed. The restaurant is on the smaller side , in a typical older, quaint Victoria building. The food was fantastic and the service excellent.
There are several unique bennys on the menu. I had one with deep fried chicken on it. Amazing. One son had french toast with strawberry rhubarb compote which he said was very good. Our eldest had potato pancakes, sour cream, corned beef and sauerkraut which he said was very tasty. There were so many very interesting and delicious sounding choices on the menu that it took us ever so long to decide what to order. From what I can recall the average price was between $10 and $14. We will definitely return to Jam next time we're in Victoria.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Nice, Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur, France
“Awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

I had an early start at Jam yesterday. The huevos rancheros were sublime, the ambience of the place cool, the service attentive. Very good indeed and highly recommended.

Visited April 2013
Ottawa, Canada
“Great for the American visitors!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

So, my first experience was this morning. Was suggested we go there for breakfast by my friend who lives here, and compared to The Blue Fox...ect there was no wait and had eclectic decor!

Coffee was good, service right away, and interesting choices for food. For the Americans who come up north, biscuits and gravy aren't usually on our menus, so lucky for you they have a few selections that are up your alley*

One friend opted for "The Gravy Coupe" A buttermilk biscuit topped with fried chicken, two sunny side up eggs and our house sausage gravy. (heart attack on a plate. She ate everything, so that says it all there!)

The other friend had the daily special which was french toast / lemon meringue concoctions ( she's a type 1 diabetic and it was perfectly to her taste, not too sweet, just right ) Goes to show their daily suprise can be just as tasty as the usual menu items.

I pulled a simple choice. The omelette with monterey jack cheese and spinach (you can pick two items) and comes with hash browns (the shredded kind), as well as toast. Had a side of their chorizo sausage as well...it was alright.

Overall I really enjoyed my experience at yet another awsome breakfast restaurant in Victoria...although if you're looking for lunch they have that too!!!
Pop by, there will be something that caters to you I'm sure.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“You won't leave hungry”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Fantastic little spot with great food. The atmosphere is charming and has a rustic feel to it. The portions that we received fir breakfast were huge and it tasted great. The service was top notch too. Highly recommended!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Seattle, WA
“The menu gets you in the door and the food/service don't disappoint”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We chose to eat at Jam Cafe on a Monday morning because we figured the weekend wait would be astounding. We were lucky enough to get right in at 11:00 on Monday morning, but there was a wait for those who showed up after we were seated. The food. Ohhhh, the food. I wanted to try about seven different items, but I ended up with the chocolate cake French toast (which is literally chocolate cake sliced and made into French toast) and a side of a lonely piggy (which is a tasty sausage dipped in pancake batter and fried). The food doesn't rest on gimmicks. It's really, really tasty. My friend had eggs benedict (the class variety, I believe) and loved that too. The service was friendly and attentive. I would go to Jam Cafe each and every time I'm in Victoria.

• Visited March 2013