We just had a stay at the Travellers Inn, Victoria , BC at Douglas st (710 Queens). I have stayed there before and it was an "ok" hotel condsidering the cost. Most of it is a converted apartment, there are 2 buildings, they seemed to have split the original suites as the rooms i have stayed in were quite small. On this occassion it was less than OK. The cost was no different than most others. On arrival the Desk staff were nice and helpful. Once in the room it absolutely reeked of smoke so bad I called the desk. They made us return to the lobby to get another room , rather than expressing some keys up to us,(the lobby in another building). Once in the new room, it smelled of urine. It was getting late for us and patience wearing thin, we decided to air the room out. But when I went to secure the window it was not lockable in any way. now we couldnt leave anything in the room. In the washroom there was no drain catch in the sink, beware you drop anything !!!! The signage in the foray said there was a pop machine that was no where to be found, the ice machine didnt work. Another very annoying thing was there was only two very thin pillows. I must say after a day of travelling and ending up at hotel like this was so very maddening. I have stayed at quite a few hotels this year, Kelowna, Nelson, Penticton, Phoenix and Tucson and this one absolutely was, for us, atrocious, and we will not be returning. Bad luck or just fluke?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Voted #1 Hotel Value by Victoria News � 6 years running! Awarded 3-Stars by Tourism BC's Canada Select Program. This Victoria Location features 123 guest rooms. Enjoy a Complimentary Continental Breakfast, 9 Free Satellite Movie Channels, Free High-Speed Internet Access in lobby, Free Parking, Free Shuttle Service from Inner Harbour Ferries. King beds, air-conditioning, Efficiency Kitchens, working desks, In-Room coffee/tea. Jacuzzi suites are also available at this location. Collect valuable StayMiles.com reward Points with every stay! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Traveller's Inn on Douglas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Traveller`s Inn On Douglas Hotel Victoria
- Travellers Hotel On Douglas
- Travellers Hotel Victoria