“Excellent Customer Service, A must stay at this price.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Capital City Center Hotel

You added Capital City Center Hotel to your Saves list
Capital City Center Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1961 Douglas Street, Victoria, British Columbia V8T 4K7, Canada (Formerly City Center Hotel)   |
Ranked #41 of 58 Hotels in Victoria
Columbus, Ohio
“Excellent Customer Service, A must stay at this price.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Our vacation was saved thanks to their help, but it was not just our situation. From the front desk to the manager, everyone went above and beyond the level of service I have EVER received, even from five star hotels. The amenities were sufficient, clean, and open. But overall, customer service was hands down the best in Victoria.
If you are coming from the BC Ferry Terminal, this hotel is RIGHT along the 70/72 bus line. This makes getting to and from there very simple.

Room Tip: The rooms with king beds seem to have their own AC units, but having a heatwave is a rare problem in...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
West Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

Even though this hotel is several blocks from the tourist area in Victoria, the local bus system makes transportation easy. It is near China Town which is small but interesting. The room was convenient, the wifi worked well and the service at the front desk was friendly and efficient. Our room truly was smoke free and I did not have any issues with odors as some of the other people reported. I was pleased.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Surrey, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014 via mobile

Would never recommend this hotel. I booked this place because we were just staying in the city for a night and my two kids wanted to stay in a place with a pool. Once we checked in, we were told that the pool is under maintenance, rather the whole hotel seems to be under maintenance. Normally every hotel has some complimentary coffee and tea bags. There was a coffee maker, some sugar and coffee but no tea bags. When I inquired at the front desk they gave me a very vague answer. Front desk told me I could go and ask for the tea bags from the restaurant. There was an older lady at the restaurant who was very rude. People like her definitely don't belong to any service industry. She told me that the restaurant wasn't part of the hotel (which I wasn't aware of) and there was no free tea bags. No one has ever made me feel this way. I came back to the front desk to ask them as to why didn't they tell me that the restaurant charges for the tea bag as I didn't carry any cash (when I inquired.) They didn't seem to care. I have traveled quite a bit but this was my worst experience.
TERRIBLE!!!

• Stayed July 2014
TTGeneralManager, General Manager at Capital City Center Hotel, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review. Your comments help us with our training and commitment to improving customer service. I have to admit that I was perplexed by your comments about the room amenities, as I personal delivered several tea bags to your room within minutes of you checking in as per your request. As far as your interaction with the Café staff the following morning, I cannot comment other than to say that hotel restaurant’ menu items are for purchase and can be charged to your room. As for the swimming pool, due to the heavy rainfall that morning the pool chemicals required adjusting for the safety of our guests. I would be happy to discuss the matter in detail, please email me at gm@capitalcitycenterhotel.com Tamara Turcotte, GM
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Hotel a little below average. Staff pleasant but seemed details were lost on them.

Supposed to be non smoking in the hotel and the small covered garage area leading into the lobby. The only entrance and exit. Although no smoking signs were present, no one enforced them. We had to walk through the disgusting smoke from people smoking right outside the door to the lobby. When I complained to the desk clerk I got nothing but "oh well".
I wouldn't recommend this place nor will I ever go back.

Room Tip: Don,t go if you're a non smoker!!!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Lacey, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

I booked the hotel after looking at some of the trip advisor pictures. When I arrived at the hotel lobby, the decoration is look new and hip. The staff is nice and polite. The elevator is on the older side and it smell. The room that we stay is 417 and again the first thing we noticed is the smell. They can really use the deep carpet cleaning. I have to buy a air freshener the next day to get rid of the smell. The bed decoration is hip, but there use the green tape to the ceiling light, which is kind of a down point. The bathroom is again on the older side. The hair dryer does not work and the handle is sticky, Yikes!!
Overall it is a 3 star since it is a good location and walking distance (20 minutes to Empress hotel). The parking is free, they have free wifi.They are close to china town. I don't think I will go back again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

Rooms were clean and hotel looks like its going through some renos. Was great that the room had a small kitchenette. Staff were ok. Location was good. Price was good for Victoria. Elevator was very, very small.....take the stairs

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

I had left a very expensive jacket at the hotel and they were able to courier it to me overnight! that is personalized service and speaks to the honest housekeeping team. The rooms and pool is very nice and I would highly recommend this hotel to young adults and families. The price is right!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Capital City Center Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Capital City Center Hotel

Address: 1961 Douglas Street, Victoria, British Columbia V8T 4K7, Canada (Formerly City Center Hotel)
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities ( Kid / Family Friendly ) Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#26 Business Hotel in Victoria
Hotel Class:3 star — Capital City Center Hotel 3*
New upgraded hotel walking distance to Save on Foods Memorial Center and Downtown Victoria. Hotel features 84 Guest with Free Wifi, Free Guest Services Computer, Free Parking. Featuring the only Licensed Poolside garden Deck in Victoria. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Capital City Center Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
City Hotel Victoria
Travellers Hotel Victoria
Travellers Hotel City Center

If you own or manage Capital City Center Hotel, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.