I am upset with the high ratings this hotel received in the past, misleading me to book many rooms for a family gathering. I was horrified and embarassed when we arrived at this old, run down hotel. The clerk received us with a mouth full of food. The decrepit elevator which can barely hold two people took us up to a hall with scuffed paint, large stains on the floor, old carpets. One room had a dark red wall with splotches of putty filling holes, which had not been repainted. The only light in this dreary room was a bedside lamp. Fortunately my family members were good sports, and we felt better after learning the beds were comfortable, the air conditioning worked, and there was hot water. No one wanted to try the restaurant, but there is a nice White Spot next door. It's a good location and cheaper than most, so it is OK to stay here if you understand what you are getting. But a realistic rating can NOT be above "poor" (even with a good experience with the staff) until further renovations are completed. No "average" motel I have stayed at is this run down.
- Also Known As:
- City Hotel
- City Hotel Victoria
- Travellers Hotel Victoria
- Travellers Hotel City Center
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Voted #1 Hotel Value by Victoria News - 6 years running! Awarded 3-Stars by Tourism BC's Canada Select Program. This Downtown Victoria hotel features 85 Guest Rooms. Enjoy complimentary tea and coffee, Free Wifi, Free Guest Services Computer, Free Parking. Featuring the only Licensed Poolside Deck in Victoria. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Tingo, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Venere and Otel so you can book your Capital City Center Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.