I just found out about trip advisor or I would have written a review years ago about the Traveller’s Inn on Gorge.
We booked the hotel in 2007 for two weeks due to my wife having to attend U-Vic for a course she was taking. We have a small child and I thought we could go as a family and make it a mini vacation. We had looked at the pictures of the rooms and the price and it looked like a good deal.
When we checked in the desk clerk was rude, but we were tired from the drive so we just wanted to get to our room. When we opened the door to our room it was nothing like the pictures we had seen (the room was across the parking lot from the office and on the second floor). I immediately went to the office and asked for a different room. The clerk said the hotel was fully booked and we had booked a “monthly rental” room. I asked for a refund and was advised since we had paid for the two weeks it was non-refundable. Being a poor student myself, we had paid cash (lesson learned now)...
During the first few hours, we had ambulances and police cars in the parking lot taking people away. The room was incredibly dirty and there was a very strong septic smell. Within hours, we all became very sick and we left the hotel to seek medical attention.
We ended up moving to a Traveller’s Inn downtown at a reduced rate once we explained what had happened to us. They were very understanding. We never received any financial restitution for having to leave the hotel within hours of checking-in. I reported the gas leak to the local authorities but I never received a call regarding the outcome. I also sent letters to the Traveller’s in and never received a reply.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Voted #1 Hotel Value by Victoria News � 6 years running! Awarded 3-Stars by Tourism BC's Canada Select Program. This Downtown Victoria Location features 69 Rooms. 9 Free Satellite Movie Channels, in room coffee/tea, Free Parking, Free Shuttle Service from Inner Harbour Ferries, outdoor Pool and Sauna. Deluxe King beds in most rooms, air-conditioning, kitchenettes, working desks and voicemail, wheelchair accessible room. Collect valuable StayMiles.com reward Points with every stay! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Traveller's Inn - On Gorge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Travellers Hotel On Gorge
- Travellers Hotel Victoria