“Certainly a "5"” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Villa Marco Polo Inn

You added Villa Marco Polo Inn to your Saves list
Villa Marco Polo Inn
3.5 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   1524 Shasta Place, Victoria, British Columbia V8S 1X9, Canada (Formerly the Amadeus Mozart House)   |
Special Price
$35 off Deluxe Room Rate
Ranked #7 of 110 Victoria B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersSilver level
Grande Prairie, Canada
“Certainly a "5"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

My husband and I had the opportunity to stay for 4 nights, and our inlaws for 2 nights. We experienced incredible service and their wonderful effort to details. The room was perfect - warm, clean, and decorated to continually inspire. We have stayed at lovely places before, but not places that also had such incredible service. I was also very impressed at their sensitivity at helping guests find that perfect restaurant or tourist location - or providing them personal space if they so chose. We will return, and will also recommend our family and friends to.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Villa Marco Polo Inn is spectacular. We had the Persian Room which was lovely. Very large and the room decor was beautiful. Danusia Quaranta greeted us and answered all our questions about Victoria, as well as providing us with resources for the days ahead. Danusia was our "go to person" while we stayed. Trouble with your U.S. cell phone? Danusia knew where to drive to in Victoria to get U.S. coverage, helping us solve our problem. She also provided us with dining places for lunch and dinner, and sites to see or things to do while in Victoria.

When visiting Victoria Villa Marco Polo Inn is the place to stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

I've lived in Victoria previously and always wanted to stay at one of the luxury B&B's in the area. Villa Marco Polo was definitely the stand-out winner! The location is incredible - hidden away in the heart of the Rockland neighborhood, it's close to the water as well as downtown Victoria. We stayed two nights in the Persia suite, which was a dream. Bonus points for the jacuzzi soaker tub! Exceptional hospitality. Decadent, delicious breakfast served daily. Hands-down, this is one of the nicest places I've ever stayed. A perfect romantic getaway! Thank you Liam and Eliza :-)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

This charming inn is a hidden jewel, tucked away in a historic neighborhood, minutes from downtown Victoria. The staff are extremely friendly and I was immediately impressed by the old world charm and service on my arrival. They were very knowledgable in helping me get to know the city and had wonderful recommendations for dining out. The corner suite had lovely views overlooking the Italianate garden, the ocean and mountains. The Zanzibar had luxurious bedding and lots of pillows. I especially liked the bathroom with its separate shower and double soaker tub.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

We were blown away by the experience at Villa Marco Polo Inn! When we arrived, we were greeted by Danusia, and she indicated that the room we had booked was unavailable due to a leaky tap!!! (I'm imagining all the other places we stayed at during our trip and if a leaky tap was the only issue I would breath a sigh of relief). But she offered the largest suite due to the unavailability of our booked room, which we gladly accepted. The room that we stayed in is called the Zanzibar room. Marvellous!!!! Upon entering the suite we walked into the sleeping area and one look of the dappled lighting of the sunshine through the trees outside our room was one of the best memories I had of our trip to Victoria. It just had an instant relaxing effect.

The room was very grand with a separate bath area with a free-standing tub and uber-luxe finishings. The rest of the Inn and grounds were also very over the top amazing, just interesting finding the nooks to read or to look at the art and finishings throughout the mansion.

Danusia was incredibly helpful, we visited each of her suggestions of places to visit and restaurants in Victoria, and they were all spot-on. You can let her know what activities you're planning and she can totally help you on the right track.

The 4-course breakfasts were amazing, I especially liked the fresh smoothies offered each morning.

We like to walk to our destinations, so it was only a 15-20min walk to downtown Victoria. The walk itself was great because all along there were great neighbourhoods to explore on the way down to downtown Victoria.

I can't wait for an excuse to visit Victoria again, so we can stay at the Villa Marco Polo Inn again. :)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

This hotel is beyond words - from the luxuriously appointed rooms (and linens) to the spectacular 3-course breakfast, I can't wait to come back here. I tend to stay away from B&B's because they tend to be a little "Grandma-y," but I'm so glad that my partner and I booked this Inn. It's so elegant and Liam, the owner, was extraordinary in pointing us towards the best in Victoria!!!

It's walking distance to downtown and made our long-weekend on the island unforgettable. Can't wait to visit again soon!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Sointula, British Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

I have stayed at the Villa Marco Polo on several occasions and each time I stay it just keeps getting better and better. Liam, Danusia and their staff are some of the best I have ever encountered. The attention to detail and personal service is unmatched. The property itself is amazing, with different places to sit and read the morning paper or enjoy your breakfast. The rooms are always impeccably clean, with such attention to detail. The beds and linens are top notch and amenities exactly what you would want to find (including bath salts that have been enjoyed more than once in the beautiful, large tubs available). The location is easy to find, quiet and yet central enough to downtown Victoria to walk. It took me about 1/2 hour to walk downtown along lovely, quiet streets. If you are coming to Victoria, I highly recommend staying here.

Room Tip: Honestly all of the rooms are fabulous. You can't go wrong with any one of them.