“Not a bad port in a storm!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel 760

You added Hotel 760 to your Saves list
Hotel 760
3.0 of 5 Condominium   |   760 Queens Street, Victoria, British Columbia V8T 1M3, Canada (Burnside)   |
Salmon Arm
“Not a bad port in a storm!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

I'd read a few not so charitable reviews but it was the only hotel in the downtown area that wasn't booked when I made last minute bookings. I was pleasantly surprised. Don't get me wrong...I wouldn't book it for the in-laws but if you have a marathon in the morning and you're there for the bed not the atmosphere- it nicely fills the bill. Which brings me to the bill. It was a bargain considering you're in the most expensive town in BC! It's on the tree lined Patricia Bay Hwy side not the noisy Douglas Street side of Queens Ave. I slept like a baby (but when I left I took my valuables with me -just in case).

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Kent, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

We booked two nights at this hotel. On the first night we were awoken at 4 am to a mouse eating a protein bar in my husbands bag. When he went to tell the "night person", he told him there was not much he could do until the manager came on duty in the morning. When we talked to the manager all she said they could do was set a trap. We left for the entire second day. Got up Sunday morning to a dead mouse (in the trap) under the bed. The mangagment acted like it was something that happened all the time!. I would NEVER recommend this hotel. There was hair (not mine) in the shower drain. The bed was basically touching the "entertainment center". I seriously felt like I needed to lysol myself when we checked out. You really get what you pay for. The pictures of hotel on the website do not even come close to what the hotel looks like... it was gross! The elevator was out of order, when we pulled in to the "free" parking there were broke down cars and some guys building bunkbeds in the undercover parking area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Stockholm
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

High value for money - the beds were really comfortable and the room was nice, clean and spacious. The front desk was very helpful and friendly.
About 10 minutes walk to the harbour. Good breakfast restaurant in close proximity.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

I am a student from Toronto , and when I arrived at Victoria I checked all the Hotels and I decided to stay at Hotel 760 .I love my stay there , the staff are amazing and helpful and very professional . My room was great for the the budget traveller like me and slept great after long camping trip.
The Hotel 760 is close to Douglas and Queen the location is great you can walk to downtown like 15 min to bay center at Douglas and View .
I am outdoor person so the Beacon hill park is like 25 min from the hotel and amazing gardens
I usually go there to do yoga with my friends .

overall amazing hotel and everything is close by .

I will surely book again the Hotel 760.

Ciao

Room Tip: The amazing about Hotel 760 is that you can stay for a day or a week or a month .the prices are budg...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Lima, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

Needed a reasonably priced room-and it was. Room smelled, no towels, soap, etc. AC was filthy, no lamp shade, drape falling off hook. I kept looking for the bugs, but to their credit, I saw none. Bed was comfortable, tv from the 70's basic channels. This is a last choice hotel. Location is decent within easy driving or biking distance to the inner harbor.

Room Tip: Check out the room before you buy. I made the mistake of buying on Priceline and it was non refunda...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Nanaimo, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

I was in Victoria for an art workshop so I checked in on a Thursday night and the front desk clerk even offered to show me the room which was at the end of the hallway before I paid the balance. It was adequate which was all that I expected for the price point. Clean, basic and the cable (lower channels only) worked as well as the wifi. Thursday and Friday was fine then when I came back late on Saturday at 11p.m. I went to my room to find that the card was re-coded AND my stuff was taken our of my room and put in the storage room across from the front desk! OMG. I just lost it. I told the front desk clerk that I had a receipt and he asked me to produce it which I did from my things retrieved from the storage room. Then to add insult to injury he tells me that he was under the impression that I had only paid for two nights and that I had to pay for Saturday night to stay. As my agitation grew, I pointed out as calmly as I could by this point that my receipt clearly states THREE nights. I put a deposit on www.hostels.com and then I paid the balance upon arrival. In on July 19th, out on 22nd. Three nights are three nights. So I ask him to call the manager which he does and I get downgraded to a smaller room without a kitchen this time. And the room is at the front of the hotel so all I hear all night long is street life in downtown Victoria. My recommendation? Do NOT stay in this sketchy hotel. Yes, the neighbourhood is a bit iffy and the hotel itself is adequate but my last experience and overall impression cancelled out the first two nights. I will not be returning. No stars. The left hand REALLY needs to know what the RIGHT hand is doing to operate an efficient hotel that people actually want to return to. This was not my experience at 760 Hotel so I will not be returning...ever...and I do NOT recommend a place that 'loses' your reservations on a Saturday night. Sorry.

Room Tip: There is no such thing as a good room in this hotel. Stay elsewhere is my recommendation for a good...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Northampton, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

Do not stay here. The 'hotel' is far away from the town centre and you'll need to drive/get the bus. The room smelled of smoke and was very cold. The clientele was very 'suspect' and dodgy and it did not feel safe to be there at night. It was noisy at night and not in a nice area.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

Been to Hotel 760? Share your experiences!