“Lifestyle Extraordinaire” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Abbeymoore Manor Bed and Breakfast Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Victoria
Abbeymoore Manor Bed and Breakfast Inn
1470 Rockland Avenue, Victoria, British Columbia V8S 1W2, Canada (Rockland)   |
Ranked #1 of 110 Victoria B&B and Inns
Boca Raton, Florida
“Lifestyle Extraordinaire”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

I could get used to the lifestyle that Anne and Ian insist upon; showering guests with the perfect amount of attention, privacy and assistance. Our three-day stay was in the Master Bedroom. It is appointed with all amenities from sublime bedding, reclining wing backs, heated bathroom floor, individual reading lights and more. Breakfast is conveniently served over a spread of time with dietary requests met cheerfully. Michelle, Stephanie and staff prepare delectable breakfasts with plating worthy of applause. As a well-traveled individual, nothing comes close to this warm and hospitable gem. Surprised how easy the walk to downtown was and perfectly situated in residential neighborhood, yet steps from Government House and other landmark must-sees. Staff takes delight is suggesting activities and dining spots. Please, it's tempting to stay on the go, but treat yourself by just hanging out at the Abbeymoore, at least one day, during your stay there. We are so glad we stayed "home" there one of the days to take advantage of all their TLC.

975 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
Baldwin City, Kansas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

Ian and Anne, the innkeepers, are quite possibly the most friendly and cheerful people I've ever met in all my travels! My family and I showed up after hours b/c we missed the early ferry. Ian met us at the door and had our suite all setup and ready for us. Throughout the trip they all went out of their way to make our stay as easy as possible. They made our dinner reservations and treated all of us like family, even giving my daughter 'treats' when she would run up to the kitchen to grab a soda. The breakfasts each day are the things of legends! The food is AMAZING and the service reminded me of eating at my grandma's house... but with 5 Star restaurant quality food. We've all agreed that we will never stay anywhere else when we visit Victoria. I promise, if you stay here, you won't be disappointed!

PS - No trip to Abbeymoore would be complete without a fresh scone from Anne's kitchen. They put every other scone I've ever had to shame! As far as I'm concerned they are the food of the gods!

Room Tip: I would recommend the garden suites, but that is only b/c that that is the only room we've staye...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Boca Raton, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

If you are looking for a slightly out of the way 5 star place to stay, yet walking distance into town, treated like a king or queen, exposed to delicate, delightful gourmet breakfast and personnel attention to every request or detail, then don't bother looking any further. Ian, Anne and Michelle will make you feel right at home and spoil you rotten. We stayed in the Master suite overlooking the front of the house, with our private balcony. We can't wait to return again soon.

Room Tip: Go online and check out the website. I picked the master room and after looking at the others, it wa...
Scottsdale
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Anne and Ian, the innkeepers, are the consummate host and hostess. They have thought of everything, and they are incredibly cheerful and helpful. Their breakfasts (complete with the menu and names of other guests) are beautifully presented and just as delicious. Seating is on the lovely deck or in the comfortable dining room. The living room is spacious; it includes a fireplace, large, flat screen TV and reading material. Abbeymore is located almost across the street from the lovely, expansive grounds of the Lt. Governor's mansion, and within walking distance of the harbor and downtown.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Lilac room (the smallest), but it was most adequate.
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Let me start off by saying I was not a big B&B fan, until now! I wanted to surprise my wife for our 30 anniversary and after exhausting research decided on the Abbeymoore for a three day stay. What a smart move! Guys, if you are looking for a romantic, cozy place to stay in Victoria look no further. This place will not disappoint. It is a little off the beaten path from the downtown/ inner harbor action and we did not rent a car, but a 30 minute walk or $12 cab ride one way was well worth the stay here. Ann, Michelle and Ian were perfect hosts and have a knack for determining what your interests might be while there. They know all the spots to see and restaurants to recommend. And the breakfast they served every morning, OMG!!! I will end with that.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Master upstairs. No TV but we did not mind! Very cozy and quiet with a nice balcony...
Seal Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

My wife and I and another couple stayed at the Abbeymoore B&B in July. I am tardy writing this review because right after we returned from our trip to the Pacific Northwest we sold our home and are now finally in new digs. Anyway, our stay at the Abbeymoore in Victoria was just perfect. The rooms were clean and comfortable and the location for us was perfect near the Governor's House. But like most B&B experiences the best part of our stay was the people. Nice guests and truly special Innkeepers. Ian is enthusiastic and very helpful with suggestions for day trips, Anne and her staff prepared GREAT breakfasts and she went out of her way to enthusiastically accomodate my gluten-free diet, and Michelle is a sweetheart. I would rate our experience a 5-plus-plus. Dave & Judy, Seal Beach, CA

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Missouri City, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

Six friends from Texas (one now lives in Bellingham) on an outing to Victoria, BC -- There are not enough words to express my praise for Ian, Ann and Michelle. The house is absolutely beautiful—the rooms large and airy, the beds are wonderful. It is in a lovely old part of town just a few steps from the Queen’s Mansion. We sat out on the Master Bedroom’s balcony and watched deer wander through the yards across the street at dusk.
Ian, Ann and Michelle make you feel like the most welcomed friend come to visit. The experience of booking the reservations was amazing. I had just been through booking reservations in England and there was no comparison to the warmth and friendliness of Abbeymoore. They are more than happy to help with reservations for dinner, Afternoon Tea at the Empress or a carriage tour through the town. They arranged for the carriage to pick us up in front of the Empress.
We arrived early and they went out of their way to accommodate us. How often do you find that?
Breakfast…wow! It began with fresh fruit, a maple pecan scone to die for with local jam followed by Brie and Leek Torte. Yum! Ian served breakfast and made it so much fun. Ann’s cooking made it delicious.
If you are planning a trip to Victoria, I highly recommend staying at the Abbeymoore B&B. I truly do not believe that you will get the warm and friendly service that Ian, Ann and Michelle provide at Abbeymoore from the Fairmont Empress or any other B&B.

Outstanding job, Ian, Ann and Michelle!! 10 stars!

One of your Texan fans,
Bobbie

Room Tip: All the rooms are fabulous. My favorites are the Rose Room at the back of the house or the Master B...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Abbeymoore Manor Bed and Breakfast Inn? Share your experiences!