“Very tasty taco's!!” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #439 of 969 Restaurants in Victoria
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/317/1562267/restaurant/La-Taquisa-Victoria
Victoria, Canada
“Very tasty taco's!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

Did a half dozen tacos a few days back. Had some beef, chicken, fish and pork with a medium salsa. The tortillas are hand made and taste great.

I like the chicken and fish but think the pork was not quite there for me. Not much of a dining place as such so take out seems to be the way to go. The more tacos you buy, the less expensive they get. I was only missing a beer!!

Location is closer to me than Hernande'z Cocina but would go to either depending on where I was. Going to try a burrito next.

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Victoria, BC
“Best tacos in Victoria”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

La Taquisa trumps all the other taco locations in town in my opinion and I'm so glad they've opened up a new location that's much closer to me than Cook street.

Recently opened close to the booster juice in West Side Village, La Taquisa has a winning formula, quality ingredients, fresh items all around, locally sourced meat, great variety of offerings (all your regular meats plus veggie or bean options, fish, etc), engaging and fun staff, funky cool interior and totally reasonable prices. If I can get stuffed full for $12 or less, I consider it a great value. Another small thing that I love is that they don't overcharge for sides like guacamole or sour cream, 50 cents per container I believe it costs, while other places will charge well over double that. The employees are more than happy to share any details about the business with you and are warm and welcoming. Each taco is actually pretty significant in size as well, these are tacos that you'd have a tough time taking down in two bites, even for me they're at least 4 solid bites. They have 5 (if I remember correctly) levels of spicy for their salsas, ranging from the tame salsa verde (which is not very spicy at all, but has a very nice fresh flavour) to the semi insane super spicy which was as far as I could tell, 90+% diced habanero peppers, not for the feint of heart or palate. They've recently added chicken mole tacos yayy!

I could go on much longer, but find out for yourself, go try out this great new taco location now!

• Visited September 2011