“Perfect for Breakfast” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Murchie's

Murchie's
1110 Government Street, Victoria, British Columbia BC V8W 1Y2, Canada (Downtown)
1-250-383-3112
Neighborhood: Downtown
Comox, Canada
“Perfect for Breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

Having long been a fan of Murchie's loose tea (Golden Jubilee is a favourite), we never miss an opportunity when in Victoria to stock up. And if we're staying overnight, it's the perfect place for breakfast. They have a variety of freshly baked muffins, omelets (bacon, ham or veggie) on croissants or scones (the scones are flaky and melt-in-your-mouth soft), as well as fresh fruit salad, and yogurt. You can choose from any of the Murchie's teas (a great way to sample), which is served in a porcelain teapot, and all presented on a silver tea tray. They also have a huge selection of lunch items, and their desserts are out of this world!

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Bellevue, Washington
“A European feel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

We stopped here to shop -- huge selection of teas and tea supplies. We stopped here to eat -- fabulous selection of scones, croissants, pastries, sandwiches, salads, breakfast options. Lots of seating options, great people watching, a tasty and relaxing way to start the day or refuel in the afternoon.

Visited February 2013
kelowna
“Murchies for tea but not for coffee..”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

this is a classic english tea shoppe with a wide selection. Try murchies #10, I love it. If it's coffee you need, you're much better off at Blenz or Starbucks, or any of the local roasters. Too watery..

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Seattle, Washington
“What a delight!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

We had asked at our hotel for the name of a tea shop that was not Starbucks and not the Empress Hotel and Murchies was mentioned. Truly this was just what I was looking for after we had strolled along the shops. I originally thought I wanted a pot of tea, but then I saw peppermint hot chocolate and knew I had to try it. What a delight! My white chocolate chip cookie was flavorful and soft, just the way I like it. I am sure all Victorianites already know of this place, but if you are visiting - be sure to stop in to Murchies as you walk along Government Street.

Visited February 2013
Salem, Oregon
“always visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

I always love a trip to Murchies while I am in Victoria. Has a true teahouse feel and delicious flavors and a to die for dessert case! The only downside is there is always a line!!

Visited December 2012