We have stayed at the Huntingdon for each of the last three Christmases when visiting family. The location is very good -- close to the ferries, Inner Harbor, museum, downtown -- and the staff are great. Michelle in the restaurant and Sam at the front desk are gems. Food in the restaurant, particularly breakfast, is good and reasonably priced. Room 241 has a full kitchen, which we have never needed but which could be useful if we wanted to cook our own meals. Wifi worked fine for us in rooms and in the lobby.
Another review likened the hotel to "staying with your grandma," which is pretty accurate. Furnishings and fixtures are definitely due for a refresh. Still, the price is right: C$79/night when we stayed there.
There are nicer and grander places in Victoria, but probably not one with nicer people.
- Also Known As:
- Huntingdon Hotel And Suites
- Huntingdon Hotel Victoria
- Huntingdon Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the warm ambiance of this classic Victoria hotel. Corporate rooms, bi-level gallery suites, pet-friendly rooms, and a wide range of amenities and services are available to help make your stay a memorable one. The main hotel of Huntingdon Manor, it is only a short walk into downtown and directly across the street from the Coho and Victoria Clipper ferries. Featuring 115 non-smoking guest rooms varying in layout and dimensions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, Hotels.com, Agoda, Venere and Otel so you can book your Huntingdon Manor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.