“Good location ” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Victoria

Save Saved
You added Ramada Victoria to your Saves list
Ramada Victoria
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   123 Gorge Road East, Victoria, British Columbia V9A 1L1, Canada (Burnside)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #34 of 57 Hotels in Victoria
Toronto, Canada
“Good location ”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

We stayed at Ramada Victoria for 5 days 4 nights. The room was decent, right size for a family of 3. The room was clean and they provided us with fresh towels daily. Parking was never a problem. It was also in the perfect location, only 5 min away from downtown Victoria.

My only suggestion is for the front desk staff to be more friendly. It won't hurt to smile and greet costumers when they pass by the front desk.

Stayed July 2014
Eileen M, General Manager at Ramada Victoria, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Joycei
Thank you for your review of the Ramada Victoria. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, the clean rooms and location to downtown Victoria. We endeavour to provide the very best in service and accommodation and we appreciate our guests feedback. Our front desk staff often get comments about their friendly service, I'm sorry that you felt otherwise. I do hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back on a future stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

The hotel meets the basic needs of a place to sleep. The gym is a joke. The only plus about the room is the flat screen tv. The wifi was spotty, but it could've been my location. The greek restatraunt had the best breakfast ever. I would do it again!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Brandy,
Thank you for taking the time to review the Ramada Victoria. I'm sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy our fitness room and that the WIFI was spotty in your room. I am pleased to hear that you found the hotel to suit your basic needs and that you enjoyed breakfast. We hope to welcome you again on a future stay.
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

Stayed here for 2 days in July 2014 for business. Central to the Canadian Forces Base and to downtown Victoria (10 to 15 mins). Room was clean and the hotel was quiet for the most part. Food at the Ceclia Creek Eatery was quite good. The wireless connection is extremely fast. I had no problems downloading emails and documents and keeping in touch with the office. Would recommend and stay again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Eileen M, General Manager at Ramada Victoria, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Thank you for your review of the Ramada Victoria. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay, our clean, quiet rooms, WIFI and the restaurant facilities. We appreciate our guest comments and look forward to having you back again on a future visit.
Grande Prairie, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

A nice hotel for a good price. The room was clean and in good shape. The staff were very good and helpful. They have coin laundry at this hotel which was nice as we had been traveling for a bit and needed to clean some cloths. There is a nice pub and a small restaurant on site and both had good staff and food.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Eileen M, General Manager at Ramada Victoria, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Thank you for your review of the Ramada Victoria. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and that you found the accommodation clean and in good shape and the staff friendly and helpful. The coin laundry is a real bonus for guests, such as yourself, who travel for extended periods of time. I'm happy to hear that you were able to take advantage of it.

We look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you back again on a future visit.
Huntington Beach, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

DO NOT STAY HERE!!! THEY GAVE AWAY MY FULLY PAID FOR ROOM RESERVATION!!! POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE AND QUALITY!!!

I made a reservation (fully paid for) for my father and sister to stay in a 2 bedroom suite on 7/2/2014. They arrived at 11pm after a long day of travel. Upon arrival, my 65 year old father was told that his room was given away. HOW CAN RAMADA INN GIVE MY FULLY PAID FOR ROOM AWAY AFTER I CALLED AND CONFIRMED PRIOR TO ARRIVAL!?! There is nothing more I can say other than THIS hotel AND THEIR CUSTOMER service is TERRIBLE, UNRELIABLE, AND OF POOR QUALITY!

My father and sister were relocated to a quality inn at 11:30pm that same night and were told by the front desk to pay the difference. They were both hassled by the RAMADA INN FRONT DESK AS WELL AS THE QUALITY INN. I AM OUTRAGED. They should not be hassled or even asked to pay the difference. They did not pay anything after my father both called back the Ramada inn and complained. THE RAMADA INN SHOULD BE REFUNDING ME AND PAYING FOR THEIR HOTEL STAY ALL TOGETHER due to the inconvenience they caused to both my sister and father after 12 hours of travel.

I called again last Thurday, 7/3/2014 to speak with a manager and was told by the front desk that the manager was out of the office. I voiced my concern to the lady at the front desk about what had happened and she told me that the manager did receive my complaint and would be contacting me....well...STILL NO CALL!

DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!!!!!!!! The Customer Service is beyond despicable...IF I COULD RATE THEM A ZERO I WOULD!!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Sandra,
Once again I offer my apologies for the inconvenience of having to relocate your father and sister at the late hour of their arrival. As we discussed, unfortunately we had some unexpected stay overs and the room type you had reserved was not available. We did offer your father and sister another room type at the Ramada but they refused. At this point the only alternative was to relocate them. While it is never our intention to have to relocate a guest, we do our utmost to accommodate them. Also, as discussed with you a full refund has been made for the inconvenience.
Surrey, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

been there with my son for a swim meet between July 2 and July 7. Booked the room in early April, to ensure a good one . The hotel is old and definitely needs some renovations. The staircase was inaccessible, so every time going in or out of my room, in the second floor, I had to wait for the elevator, which took for ever. the room was small, the sink was outside the bathroom with very limited counter space. The window opened on the lobby roof and was accessible by many youths and had no screen. so the only was to cool down the room was the AC. and to my surprise it was a portable unit: very very noisy and prevented me from having a good sleep. The room was not cleaned on the last day. In general I was not impressed and will not be staying there again.

Room Tip: Don't stay there unless no other alternative.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your review of the Ramada Victoria. I'm sorry that you did not enjoy your stay or your accommodation. I'm not quite sure why you state the stairwell was inaccessible. We offer a variety of room types including full suites, which are larger than our standard rooms and offer full kitchens as well. We have been experiencing some very high temperatures in Victoria of late and although the a/c may have been noisy, I trust it cooled you down.
Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

My husband and I were in Victoria for a week to spend time with our 5 year old great granddaughter. I booked this hotel for convenience to where they live and to downtown. And the fact they had a pool. We were pleasantly surprised it is an older hotel but very clean and very well maintained. The staff were fantastic, extremely friendly and helpful for anything we need. The hotel was totally booked and yet we never heard anything at night. The food in the restaurant was to die for and the service in there wonderful. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and the rate was really good.

Room Tip: request room away from location of the bar
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Eileen M, General Manager at Ramada Victoria, responded to this review, July 4, 2014
Thank you for your review of the Ramada Victoria. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay, our facilities, clean comfortable accommodation and our friendly, helpful staff. We appreciate positive comments such as yours, and we look forward to having you back again on a future visit.

Been to Ramada Victoria? Share your experiences!