“Quaint and Intimate” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Rosewood Victoria Inn

Save Saved
You added Rosewood Victoria Inn to your Saves list
Rosewood Victoria Inn
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   595 Michigan St., Victoria, British Columbia V8V 1S7, Canada (Formerly Holland House)   |
Ranked #33 of 110 Victoria B&B and Inns
British Columbia
“Quaint and Intimate”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

We just came back from our two night stay at the Rosewood Inn. The location is excellent (behind the parliament building) for walking to and around downtown. For those who may not already know this is run as a bed & breakfast however no one actually lives here. There are two historical homes which are joing together by an atrium where you enjoy breakfast and afternoon tea. The first night we stayed in the first house where the front desk is. Our room was on the top floor on the corner. We had lots of windows which let in a lot sun which was nice for spring. I would imagine this room would be very hot in the summer during a heat wave. The only down side was the noise from the street however the majority of the noise was over by 11pm. The room was spacious and full of historical charm. The next night we moved into a 2 bedroom unit in the other house. This side of the Inn felt newer to me and had new carpeting and paint. This room was at the back which was very quiet and in the summer I would prefer this room as it led out to a patio and little garden. The breakfast and tea were well done. If you have any dislikes or allergies they are more than accomodating to you. I can't wait to return here for another little getaway.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

64 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
San Juan Capistrano, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

I'm not very happy with this experience . First time I stay in my time share, Vacation Internationale , that they don't have a kitchen and laundry. The breakfast is ok but Not worth the price. Small and too old. TV option very limited, very dissatisfied . Good location , that's all. But there are other options .

Stayed March 2013
JABoughton, Director Inventory Management at Rosewood Victoria Inn, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Please accept our sincerest apologies that we were unable to satisfy your needs during your visit to Rosewood Inn. Rosewood Inn is a Bed and Breakfast Resort and does fall under a typical B&B rather than a standard timeshare condo with a kitchen. Rosewood was acquired in 2012 by VI and plans for renovation are in progress. Thank you for letting us know about your stay and we would hope to have another opportunity to fully impress you in the future.
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

The room was interesting as a local museum with all those cabinets, a bath on paws, cross-stitched pictures and old-style furniture. The plants need more attention though. The bed was comfortable and neat, lots of pillows and towels. We loved their breakfast!!! Just look at my pictures :)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Yakima, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

The room we stayed in was fabulous. It was very roomy with a large bathroom as well. It came with a mini fridge, a couch to sit and watch tv, armoire for your clothing, and a small shared deck. We loved our place and thoroughly enjoyed the breakfast every morning. It was very filling, which we needed to give us energy to walk downtown. We were within walking distance of the downtown area and could just walk all over without having to take the car. I would definitely stay here again. I loved it!

Room Tip: This was our first time here and we had room 31 so that is all we know. It was on the second floor a...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
JABoughton, Director Inventory Management at Rosewood Victoria Inn, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay at The Rosewood Victoria Inn. Please come back and visit us soon.
Augusta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

I am not a picky person so I loved the Rosewood Bed and Breakfast. What I loved was the balcony, the location, the staff, the breakfasts, the afternoon teas and meeting new friends; the bed was comfortable and every day I enjoyed a soak in the large bath tub. After walking all over the beautiful city of Victoria I needed a large soaking tub. We were in unit 33, on the third floor of the main house. I am not sure if all the units have a large tub so if that it important to you, call and ask for a unit with a tub. I loved the street sounds from the open windows; people talking, laughing, walking, birds singing, horse hooves prancing, horns honking and the occasional siren. There is no air conditioning so the windows stayed up during our visit the end of September. It
was sunny and warm during the day and cool in the mornings and evenings so bring layers. If you are a picky person, a stickler for cleanliness this may not be the place for you. It wasn't spotless, the floors and under the furniture could have used some deep cleaning but it was quaint and comfortable, like an old worn shoe. I would return, I liked Rosewood and Victoria is a special place. Don't miss Beacon Hill Park one block from the inn, we accidentally stumbled upon it while walking and enjoyed it very much; wild peacocks, ducks, herons, ponds, waterfalls, bridges and an abundance of large old trees and beautiful flowers, it also has a children's petting zoo.

Room Tip: We were in unit 33, on the third floor. Nice balcony, bathroom and comfortable.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

I know I can be a spoiled American, but would it be too much to ask to have sheets for the bed. A robe or a couch without a hole in it. A fan bigger than the one I keep I at my desk. The only positive is that they refunded the money. The carpet was so nasty in the room you didn't dare take your shoes off. Only stayed a few hours - checked out as soon as the staff returned the next morning.

Room Tip: Find another place!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

Just spent a week at the Rosewood Inn. Charming little inn with a wonderful staff. Perfect location to use as a base to explore Victoria.

The Inn staff provides a nice breakfast every day as well as an afternoon tea. We only made the tea one day as we were busy exploring the island.

Parts of the inn could use some maintenance attention and the balcony of our unit could have stood a good scrubbing. However, it didn't detract from our enjoyment. The best part of our stay was the wonderful staff and meeting people from all over the world.

Be sure you venture away from the downtown area and go off the beaten path a little. We especially enjoyed the gardens around the Government House and the Abkhazi garden run by the Land Conservancy of BC.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Rosewood Victoria Inn? Share your experiences!