“don,t go if you like to sleep at night” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Victoria On The Harbour

You added Days Inn Victoria On The Harbour to your Saves list
Days Inn Victoria On The Harbour
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   427 Belleville St., Victoria, British Columbia V8V 1X3, Canada (James Bay)   |
Ranked #35 of 58 Hotels in Victoria
belfast n. ireland
“don,t go if you like to sleep at night”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2009

we checked into this hotel, they could not find our reservation, luckily I had a copy of our confirmation,so got a room. The view was beautiful overlooking the harbour, but the room was very small and so was the bathroom, with a step up to get to it, I thought this was dangerous which proved right when my husband fell and hurt is elbow in the middle of the night. The worst was there was no airconditioning as the weather was 29 degrees, it was horrendous. On check out I complained and they gave me a BIG 10 % off (approx 12.00) for losing 2 nights sleep. Because it was so hot we had to open the window and the noise was awfull. There are lovely hotels all around this area with balconies to sit out in the evenings and I,m sure they were no more exxpensive to stay. Would not recommend this hotel and will never go back.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
GMDaysInnVic, General Manager at Days Inn Victoria On The Harbour, responded to this review, June 17, 2009
We are so sorry to hear that your experience wasn’t the best possible during your stay at our Hotel. Usually the lack of air-conditioning isn’t a problem being located on the Inner Harbour with the ocean breeze, every once in awhile though Mother Nature doesn’t co-operate. We do offer fans in each guest room to try and help in those odd occasions. Some of our rooms do have a step up into the bathrooms which we have put signage up to notify our guests, it is very unfortunate that your husband had hurt himself and we hope he is okay now. We hope you will give us another opportunity in the future to serve your accommodation needs to your complete satisfaction, to show you that our guests are important and we value your business!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Perth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2009

The Days Inn On The Harbour is definitely the place to stay when you visit Victoria. The staff are great the location is excellent and all the services (pool, restaurant, pub, cold beer and wine…). Recommend this hotel completely if you stay in Victoria!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends
GMDaysInnVic, General Manager at Days Inn Victoria On The Harbour, responded to this review, May 5, 2009
Thank you so much for taking the time to write. We appreciate the feedback so we can continue to offer our guests the "best value under the sun".
vancouver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2009

My husbands company travels to Vancouver Island on business quite frequently. On our most recent visit we had meetings in Victoria. We have stayed in a variety of hotels/motels on the Island and in Victoria, but this time we were looking for a hotel that was more convenient than some of the places we had chosen in the past. A business acquaintance suggested the Days Inn. He mentioned that it likely would more than meet our needs. When we travel we take our two small dogs with us, and often it is difficult to find a place that is pet friendly, and we were told that the Day Inn would allow us to bring our pets.

When we arrived at the hotel we were immediately met by a very pleasant young woman who made us feel more than welcome, and during our stay it was more than evident that all the staff (that we came in contact with) were very helpful, efficient and more than willing to please. They directed us to parks close by where we could walk our dogs, and even supplied them with treats on occasion.

The hotel is situated right on the beautiful Inner Harbor and was close to all the business venues we were to visit during our stay. It made our stay much more enjoyable than other times when we had to drive long distances for our appointments. The location was certainly perfect for our meetings, but as an added bonus it was in a perfect location for enjoying some of the wonderful attractions, The Wax Museum, Parliament Bldgs, Imax Theatre and many others. We loved it!

When we return to the Island and are staying in Victoria, we will not hesitate to return to the Days Inn, and we will most certainly be recommending it to our business associates and to friends and family.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
GMDaysInnVic, General Manager at Days Inn Victoria On The Harbour, responded to this review, May 2, 2009
Thank you so much for taking the time to write. We appreciate the positive feedback and look forward to welcoming you and your furry family members back to our Hotel!
Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2009

Last minute trip to Vancouver Island for a quick getaway. Chose this property because of it's location to many attractions within walking distance. Rooms were exactly as we requested, harbourview, clean and well appointed and quiet. The lounge served great pub food and the service was excellent. The staff went out of their way to answer all of our questions. The next night we decided to try the restauarant and were blown away by the food specials, service again was fabulous with eager staff looking after everything we needed for our meal. Even bringing the mint sauce before our lamb meal arrived. Three course meal for $20, well worth the money, portions were excellent and very tasty. We will definately return for another visit in the summer.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Vancouver Island, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2009

I stayed at the Days Inn Victoria Inner Harbour for 2 nights this weekend. The location is good for a non-driver like me, walking distance to most of the great attractions in downtown Victoria. The rate in mid-February was $89/night, not bad considering it was Valentine's Day weekend and many hotels (my other first choices) were fully booked.

But next time I think I'll stay elsewhere.

The "high speed wireless Internet" was the slowest connection I've ever experienced in a hotel room. Click on Google, go get a cup of coffee. Select a bookmark, go take a shower. It might load by the time you get out, but probably not. Their website assures guests of high-speed wireless Internet but don't bother trying to use it. I was disappointed that I'd bothered to bring my laptop at all.

There's a slightly better connection in the lobby at an Internet kiosk (with one computer), but it costs 50 cents per half hour, and there's no privacy at all, with everyone walking through the lobby able to look over your shoulder.

I always try to choose a hotel with room service, if possible. The Days Inn website --http://www.daysinnvictoria.com/ -- clearly says, "On top of excellent room service done with high energy smiles..." No, actually there is NO room service. I ordered a burger (for $12.50!) and was told I had to order it "to go", and go down to their restaurant and pick it up. A plastic bag was thrust at me containing the burger and fries: no plate, no cutlery, no napkins. The waitress gave me an extra $5.00 back in my change, when I smilingly gave it back to her, she sighed, "Look, it's been a really long day." No "thanks". I had to grab some cutlery myself from one of the tables.

The rest of the menu is quite limited and similarly very overpriced. All four meals I had in the restaurant had such slow service that at one point, the waiter didn't charge me for coffee because I'd waited so long for it. I entertained a relative there one evening and asked the waiter if they had anything like a raw veggie plate with dip? They did, and immediately produced it, making me wonder what else was available that wasn't listed on the severely limited menu. Why force guests to ask what might be on offer?

I explored the immediate neighbourhood on foot but couldn't find a nice, inexpensive coffeeshop or diner close by where I might be able to get a plain bacon-and-eggs breakfast for a reasonable price. Guests at the Days Inn do get a voucher for a few dollars off their breakfast, but when your omelette is $12, it's not much of a deal. And the voucher only applies to full-course breakfasts.

The hotel has live entertainment every Saturday in the lounge from 4pm to 7pm, and it's so loud that conversation is impossible in the lobby. I was very grateful that my room was on the 4th (top) floor at the far end of the hall because the music blared up the stairwell to all the lower floors.

There's no ice machine on any floor except the lobby. The room was clean and comfortable, but the flat-screen TV was adjusted incorrectly, stretching the picture too wide, and the TV reception was snowy.

I will be looking for a different hotel in Victoria next time. And I learned always to phone and ASK if they actually do have the room service they boast of on their website. And we shouldn't have to do that.

• Liked — The location was good.
  • Disliked — Lied on their website about room service and high-speed Internet access.
  • Stayed February 2009, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
BC,Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2008

Overall i thought it was quite pleasant, not a 5 star hotel but definately very nice and decently priced. I defiantley think it was value for money. And the restrauant that joins onto it was the best. Great food!!!!! Great prices!!! I really recomend it. The hotel is also right on the harbour, so your very close to everything.

• Liked — value for money, great restrauant
  • Disliked — room could have been a bit bigger
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Brussels
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2008

Not sure about this from the reviews. Place was clean and service helpful, but the decor is outdated and everything is a shade of brown. Smallest bathroom with a bath I've seen. View of harbour is fine - but no balcony (unlike other hotels nearby). Fairly noisy from the outside (it's a harbour - so logical) and from inside (doors have a habit of slamming shut if not guided). Has parking and don't charge for it, which is good. Minutes from Parliament, BC Museum, ferry and ong-distance bus terminals

• Stayed September 2008
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Days Inn Victoria On The Harbour? Share your experiences!