Very nice small hotel on the harbour in a prime location! We had come across from Vancouver on a bus on the ferry and the bus terminal (last stop) is only a short walk from the hotel (convenient if your luggage is on wheels).
We had requested a harbour view room when we booked and since it couldn't be guaranteed we were pleased to receive one. The rooms are your typical hotel room, clean and adequate and the decor is pleasant enough. There was a nice size TV on a dresser, desk w/chair, free wi-fi, bed and one occasional chair, bottled water provided, along with iron, ironing board, hair dryer and fan (no a/c) even an umbrella just in case. There is also a swimming pool which we enjoyed relaxing in one day, even though we didn't use it a lot it was lovely to have the option.
The staff was pleasant and helpful with our questions and requests.
We arrived on Canada Day and our location was only a few minutes walk to all the activities and fireworks. Also so convenient for sightseeing with access to the harbour and water taxis that can take you (among other places) to Chinatown if you don't feel like walking, also very close to the legislative grounds and the street corner there is the pick-up location to take horse-drawn-carriage rides. You can arrange bus tours to Butchard Gardens in front of the Empress Hotel but you have the option of taking a public transit bus (just $2.50 ea not including your admission fee to the garden of course).
We discovered that the weather was unusually warm during our 6 night stay and after the 2nd night we found our room with the lovely harbour view so uncomfortably warm that we requested a change to the city view side which was "much cooler" providing a much better nights sleep.
Both the hotel restaurant and lounge were very nice. Both are located on the harbour side of the building with both indoor and outdoor dining options, the lounge also had sliding glass to open it right up to the outside as well. No complaints about our menu selections, we had 2 breakfasts and 2 suppers there (might mention the taco salad was great both chicken and beef versions). The "only" negative thing I can say (and it's a real stretch) would be that there is no gift shop in the hotel (but if you are desperate for a "hotel gift shop" there are hotels on all sides and a couple of them have gift shops to check out).
All in all, our stay at this hotel was terrific and we would definitely stay there again!
- Also Known As:
- Days Inn Victoria On The Harbour Hotel Victoria
- Days Inn Victoria On The Harbour Hotel
- Days Inn Victoria
- Victoria Days Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perfectly located on Victoria’s downtown Inner Harbour, walking distance to Convention Centre, Parliament Buildings, restaurants, shopping, attractions and more. Clean, comfortable guest rooms and an onsite restaurant/lounge, seasonal outdoor heated pool, year-round whirlpool, parking, complimentary high-speed Internet access, local calls, coffee/tea/bottled water. Harbourview, Pet-friendly, and Kitchenette rooms available. Come and visit our beautiful Garden City, and we’ll take care of the rest! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Days Inn Hotels, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, EasyToBook, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Days Inn Victoria On The Harbour reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.