“Great Location, Great Value” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn Downtown Inner Harbour

Save Saved
You added Quality Inn Downtown Inner Harbour to your Saves list
Quality Inn Downtown Inner Harbour
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   850 Blanshard St, Victoria, British Columbia V8W 2H2, Canada   |
Ranked #25 of 58 Hotels in Victoria
“Great Location, Great Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

After a previous Quality Inn disaster, we were leery about another one. However this one was super. The front desk clerks were all very friendly and helpful. The hotel itself is within very easy walking distance of downtown Victoria. Room was standard, but very clean. Just watch for parking. It's $9CAN/night. There are only about 30 spots underground, but they do contract with a city lot across the street (with very detailed and helpful directions). Pool, though it looks small, is indoors, heated, and shallow, which makes it great to relax in.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
BeccaV376, General Manager at Quality Inn Downtown Inner Harbour, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Hello Stuart H,

I was pleased to read that we were able to leave a good impression of Quality Inn with you. We are proud of our brand and strive to provide friendly, helpful service.

Thank you for both your feedback and patronage. We hope you will consider us again for your next visit to Victoria.

Becca Versaevel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
San Antonio, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

We were very happy with our stay here. It is just a short walk to the waterfront, and many restaurants and shops are nearby in easy walking distance. Much cheaper than waterfront hotels. Parking was easy. First night, the hotel lot was full so we were directed to a garage right across the street. Our second day, we found a spot in the hotel garage, which is very tight as others have mentioned. Either way, parking was reasonably priced compared to other downtown locations.

Our room was very nice. We had a corner room with lots of windows which made it very cheery and bright. The room was large and very clean. Bathroom was not huge, but was fine for us. We heard no noise at all from the hallway or other rooms. The elevator is small but got the job done.

There is no central air conditioning, which is no problem for all but maybe a few weeks in the hottest part of summer. We left our windows open during the day, but closed them at night because there was a lot of traffic noise in the early morning hours. A fan was provided in the room and we were quite comfortable.

Staff was great, everyone was very nice and helpful. I'd absolutely recommend staying here.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Luckbeckyblue,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We strive to provide value and friendly service for all of our guests. Our location certainly does allow for easy access to both the waterfront and Victoria’s vibrant downtown. Parking in the downtown can be a challenge and we are delighted to have our own small lot as well as additional overflow parking arranged nearby.

Glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to welcome you back again soon.

South Bend, IN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

Mixed feelings about this property. It is old, the hallways weren't all that clean, marks on walls, etc. but my room was very clean although bathroom was outdated the bed was extremely comfortable and linens were wonderful. My view was a peak a boo of the old buildings downtown and the staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Parking was in the basement below the buildings and was very secure with locks/gates. My room was large with 2 double beds. If I had to stay in downtown Victoria I would stay here again because you could not beat the rate. Very close to everything like shopping, restaurants, pubs and waterfront you can walk to all, but Victoria is very seedy at night. Be careful, as I was disappointed and felt unsafe walking downtown after 6 p.m. Once I got to the hotel I felt completely safe. There is a nice pub/restaurant attached to the hotel that serves breakfast and is open for lunch and dinner. This is a good bargain here if you are on a budget. Went here to bike the Galloping Goose Bike Trail, but it really is too far from the trail although you can get there through city streets. Victoria harbor is pretty but I'd stay outside of town and go into the waterfront for one day rather than stay there. Downtown is just another large city feeling, loud busy and some creeps around.

Room Tip: Ask for a larger room one that is more updated away from the street.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Renton, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

When we arrived and were going to our room the elevator closed on me then once I got out it shut and took my nine year old child on a ride all the way to the basement. When we got to our room it was quite small and I could touch the walls of the bathroom with my outstretched arms. I called the front desk to ask them if all their rooms were this small and I was told yes and that they get compliments on that room often, which says to me the room isn't the problem, you are. The pool had a scum line above the water line, which tells me it hasn't been cleaned in a long time. The water was turned off one morning so you had to be up and showered by eight if you wanted one and when it was turned back on it was brown and nasty. I would not stay here again nor would I recommend anyone staying here.

Room Tip: Do not stay here, too many other hotels to choose from to waste your money here.
Dear shumai001,

Thank you for sharing your constructive observations from your recent stay. Your insight is appreciated and helps us to improve both our property and service. Looking back through our logs I do see that the City of Victoria did briefly shut down the water for repairs in the area. Often there will be a discolouration of the water when turned back on. Our pool is checked and cleaned daily but it is need of a bit of updating. We have annual pool maintenance planned later this year and hope to freshen all of the pool tiles at that time. Admittedly our elevator is dated and we are looking forward to upgrading it by the end of 2015.
Should you wish to try the hotel in the future please contact me directly and I will ensure that your reservation is for one of our larger room types.

Thank you for both your patronage and feedback

Sincerely
Sasaktoon, Sk, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

We stayed again at the Quality Inn over the Canada Day long weekend. Travelling with our young daughter the 1 bedroom suite was ideal as it allowed us to put her to bed and then have some time in the evening to visit with family or unwind ourselves. We used the pool nearly every morning and while it's not large it's perfectly fine for a little one to splash around in. Multiple times you'd walk by and hear kids laughing and playing, it really doesn't take much to make them happy.

Housekeeping was excellent. Having a little one that takes naps at odd hours we were probably a bit of pain to fit into their schedule. 2 or 3 days in a row we'd leave the room around 3 assuming that the cleaning staff had gone for the day and we'd just have to get some clean towels from the front desk when we got back. Each time we got back to our room after supper and had a completely cleaned and restocked room. Amazing service to fit us into the schedule and make sure that we received a clean room.

As we were checking out on Canada day two of the front desk people made sure that my daughter had a little flag that she could wave around to celebrate, which was a nice little touch.

This is our hotel of choice anytime we're in Victoria as it's an easy walk to downtown and the harbor but just far enough off the beaten path that it isn't loud. I'd recommend to anyone.

Room Tip: The one bedroom suites are spacious and nice to have a separate living room/kitchen separate from th...
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

My partner was in Vancouver for work and when I joined from the UK on day 4, I really appreciated getting straight into the room without any difficulty and without being charged a second person supplement. Also, when our accommodation fell through in the second part of the stay, they were very helpful in putting us up for one more night.

Room Tip: The hotel is on one of two routes out of downtown, over the harbour and Granville Island, and into s...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Prince George, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

We had a quick one night stay. Raylene at the front desk was very helpful, offering suggestions, providing directions, etc. The location is within easy walking distance of the inner harbour, shops on Government Street, the parliament buildings and Royal BC Museum. Also, it's only a block away from Cora, which is our favourite breakfast place. Really appreciated the underground parking, as it is much easier to walk around Victoria's downtown than it is to drive, and parking can get expensive. Our room was clean and well decorated, and much larger than I expected. The beds were really comfortable, there were lots of plug-ins for electronics. The hotel is on a quiet section of Blanshard, which is good because when people were outside talking, we could hear them from our room. Ditto with people in the hallway, although we couldn't hear anyone in the room next door. Noisy foot-steps and runnning children above us. That said, it was pretty quiet by bed-time. Don't stay here for the fitness facilities (2 machines stuck into a closet-sized room by the parkade, and a miniature pool also down in the basement). We got at 25%off coupon to the Argyle pub in the hotel, so had dinner there. I wouldn't recommend the food, but the beer and atmosphere were lovely and I'd definitely go there again for a drink with friends. Generally, hotels in Victoria cost way more than they should in the summer, so I can't say this is a great value, but in comparison to other hotels in the area it is definitely a much more affordable option and you don't have to sacrifice location or comfort. Wifi also worked seamlessly.

Room Tip: If traffic noise bothers you they have rooms overlooking a delightful little inner courtyard with a...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Been to Quality Inn Downtown Inner Harbour? Share your experiences!