“Great place to stay in Victoria, wonderful staff !” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn Downtown Inner Harbour

You added Quality Inn Downtown Inner Harbour to your Saves list
Quality Inn Downtown Inner Harbour
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   850 Blanshard St, Victoria, British Columbia V8W 2H2, Canada   |
Ranked #26 of 58 Hotels in Victoria
Vancouver, Canada
“Great place to stay in Victoria, wonderful staff !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

My wife and I recently stayed at the downtown Victoria Quality Inn. We've been there before so we knew it was right downtown, clean, comfortable and affordable. We were hoping the same staff would be there as we were so impressed with them the first time we stayed.

And they were ! The three people at the front desk we dealt with were so welcoming and accommodating. Anything we asked about or needed to know, they were right there with the information, and always with a smile.

I've been in the retail business for many years, and I do know how hard it is to always be cheerful, friendly and professional. The staff at the front desk are the first contact the public has with a hotel, and I don't think you could find better people to represent a hotel than the three we encountered at the Quality Inn.
We look forward to seeing them again when we return, which we will.

I also want to comment on the people we saw in the hallways as we came and went during the day, the people cleaning the rooms. When we would greet them, they would smile and say hello. You could see they were working hard, yet they still stopped for just a moment to say hello. It was a pleasure to encounter them.
And was the room clean, indeed it was !

The woman working in the restaurant in the morning was also very friendly and helpful. She even remembered us from our stay last year; now that's amazing ! The food is darn good too !

They have a great staff there, and they are an important reason we want to return to the hotel next time we come to Victoria. It is a pleasure to stay at the downtown Quality Inn, and the people working there make it that much more enjoyable.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Jamie L, General Manager at Quality Inn Downtown Inner Harbour, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Dear Tsankawi2013,

Welcome to Trip Advisor and thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel.

The staff here have been with us for a long time some as many as 39 years and a few more that have been with us 20 years plus. The obvious benefit for our repeat guests is they get to see familiar face and for our new guests the staff have such an intimate knowledge of the hotel and the city of Victoria which is always really appreciated.

Our housekeeping staff do work very hard there is no harder or important job in a hotel than making sure that all of our guests have a clean comfortable room to stay in.

I have also passed on your kind words to the staff at the restaurant and though we do not operate the Argyle Attic restaurant we do work very closely with them and we consider them part of the family here.

Once again thank you for your kind words and we look forward to your next visit.

Quality Inn Downtown Inner Harbour Victoria

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Parkdale, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We were pleasantly surprised by this hotel. We spent 2 nights here and found we never had to drive our car since the hotel was close enough to walk to everything. While the hallways were a little bit tight, the hotel is very nice overall. The rooms have been updated and are clean and comfortable. The staff was extremely helpful and accommodating. One thing to make a note of, if you have a rack on top of your car with a box or a taller vehicle, you won't be able to use their parking. The staff let us park right by the check-in area though so it worked out just fine.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Jamie L, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn Downtown Inner Harbour, responded to this review, September 22, 2013
Dear Checkbook,

Thank you for leaving a review of your recent stay with us, it's always great to hear from a senior contributor!

Thank you for pointing out our great location. I've found that most of our guests just park their cars and walk to all the city's attractions. Our underground parkades do have height restrictions, as you mentioned. If we have the space available in our breezeway, we are always happy to let guest's with over height vehicles park there. I'm glad to hear you were able to take advantage of that handy space.

Thank you as well for your lovely comments about our team. They do a fantastic job and we are very lucky to have such a friendly bunch!

I hope we can look forward to seeing you again.

Laura Caceres
Front Office Manager
Clayton, WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

My husband and I spent a couple of days in Victoria to celebrate our 25th anniversary. The staff at the Quality Inn was friendly and helpful, offering suggestions to maximize the short amount of time we had there. What was truly amazing was their assistance when I left my iPad in their lobby, and didn't realize it until we were approaching customs to board the Clipper. Instead of just shipping it to me, they drove it down to the ferry and delivered it personally to Clipper staff who handed it to me on board. I can't say enough kind words about them!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear lnker66,

Thank you for your great review and welcome to Trip Advisor.

Happy 25th Anniversary congratulations.

The staff was happy to read your review it always puts a smile on their face when guests like yourself take the time to recognize the hard work that they do day in and day out. I was glad to see you got your iPad back, I was the one that raced down to the ferry to make sure that you had it back I know I would be lost without mine even for a day.

We wish you many more happy years together and hope we have the opportunity to have you stay with us the next time you visit Victoria.

Once again thank you for your comments.

Quality Inn Downtown Inner Harbour Victoria
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

With its tired carpets, chipped paint, peeling wallpaper, poorly functioning elevator, and single pane windows, this hotel is in desperate need of renovation. Our room faced the street and conversations between people talking outside could be heard. Added to that was that we were on the second floor under a sleep walker. There's no sound proofing so we heard every footstep. The elevator doesn't stop on the selected floor. Each time we left the second floor to exit we would first take a ride to the third floor next we'd return to the second floor and if we were lucky the elevator would then stop on the first floor (not always though). We would have used the stairs but they exit into the back lane. There was no parking available onsite so we had to park down the street at a cost of $9.00 per night. Overall a terrible experience.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Jamie L, General Manager at Quality Inn Downtown Inner Harbour, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Dear Cbbay,

Thank you for your review. I am sorry you did not have a good stay with us. Could you contact me directly at jamie@hallmarkhospitality.com to discuss your stay with me?

It is very important that all of our guests have a wonderful stay with us. Our maintenance department spends a great deal of time in rooms making sure that the carpets are steam cleaned, there is no chipped paint and the wallpaper is not peeling and though I check rooms every day I do not get the opportunity to check every room every day and it sounds to me you stayed in a room that maybe we have not had the opportunity to get to yet this year or could do with another look.

The parking that is available under the hotel is limited, our overflow parking is just across the street from the hotel and it is unlimited we have made special arrangements with the City of Victoria to use this parking lot so that all of our guests have secure underground parking and it is the same charge as the parking at our underground parking.

The elevator yes does seem to have a mind of its own some times, I am currently getting quotes to update the system so it works right every time I understand it can be an inconvenience when it happens. The issue we have is the elevator will go to the next floor that the button is pushed on so if you get in the elevator and press main floor and someone on the 3rd floor pushes the button at the same time the elevator will go up to get the next guest instead of going to the main floor, I do apologize but we are looking into it and hope to have it fixed soon.

I would like to mention the street noise we can experience here sometimes. We do have double pain windows and insulation in all the rooms the unfortunate part of being in a great downtown location is we do sometimes get noise from the street especially when the pubs close up including some of the ones you reviewed very highly here in Victoria that are just down the street from us.

The guest that was making a loud noise above you, all you have to do is call the front desk and we will make every attempt to talk to the guest and ask them to please keep the noise to a minimum and this usually is enough, if any guest continues to disturb another guest and we know about it we will do our best to make sure it stops or we will ask the guest making the noise to leave. This may sound harsh but we have to think about all our guests but first and foremost we have to be aware someone is disturbing another guest.

Once again thank you for your comments we do take them very seriously and we will always do our best to improve.

Buckingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

Dust, nail clippings and hair from a previous occupant of the bathroom were not welcome! The stairs from the entrance level of the hotel to the elevator were hard negotiate with our cases. No help offered by staff, The lack of air conditioning meant the bedroom was very stuffy. The pool was closed due to poor water quality.

Dear bordereiver,

Thank you for your review here on Tripadvisor your comments are very important to us and we take them seriously.

I am sorry that you were put into one of our rooms that was not cleaned to our standards, if you have the opportunity and would not mind contacting me directly by email jamie@hallmarkhospitality.com with the details: Room Number and the Date you stayed so I can investigate, if you cannot remember the room number I would need your last name. Cleanliness is one of the most important policies we have and it disappoints me that this even happened. The other point that you make upsets me also and that is the staff did not offer to help you with your luggage up the stairs to the elevator so please accept my apologies as this is not the normal behaviour of the staff at all and I will be sure to talk with them. I am very proud of my staff and the only reason I can think of for the lack of assistance is they may have been busy with another guest. I am sure if you had asked the front desk staff most definitely would have assisted you.

We do apologise for the swimming pool being closed we did have to shut it down for one day but not because of the quality of the water in the pool it was because of the level of the Cyranric Acid was too high so in this case we have to change over some of the water to bring down the levels to Vancouver Island Health Authority’s level standards and then wait for the pool to heat up again.

Thank you again for your comments and please do email me so I can look into your stay more closely.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

Very, very small. No, foam hypoallergenic pillows or bedding. If you have allergies, don't stay here! We were sneezing from the start! Bathroom door almost touches the toilet it's that small. And, the white tile floor is black. Bleach some?! Awesome location, though.

Dear Velocitygirl253,

Thank you for your comments and welcome to Tripadvisor.

I am truly sorry that you did not have a good stay with us and by reading your comments you must have been in one of our three single queen rooms which can be on the small side for even the North American market and tend to be ideal for a single person stay, these are our most inexpensive rooms due to their size but do not reflect most of our rooms that are much larger.

Just to clarify your point about no foam hypoallergenic pillows and bedding, I can assure you that all of our pillows and bedding are hypoallergenic as this is a brand requirement and we have to meet all requirements. We have had cases where sometimes the cleaning supplies we have used do affect some people with allergies and we always try to make sure what we are using to clean the linens and rooms does not irritate a guest with allergies. Being the City of Gardens can also play havoc on guests with allergies.

Either way it is disappointing to us that you did not enjoy your stay but do hope you will give us an opportunity to regain your business in the future and fell free to call me directly if you have any concerns or questions.

One last thing you pointed out and justifiably so is the grout in the bathroom floor tile, we do vigorously clean them but due to age we are unable to get them back to their original grey when they were installed 20 years ago. We are however looking at replacing the tiles in those rooms that have the older tiles in them still, but just to let you know they are cleaned with the best products we have available.

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Stayed here for 6 nights and really please with hotel. It's own secure garage, indoor pool and a central location was great. Rooms very clean and tidy and staff very friendly - for a no fuss or frills hotels - it's a great choice - also it's two blocks from the water front and your near some great small independent restaurants that are better than the harbour front large chains - ie 'Blue Fox ' for breakfast / lunch ...... Check this out !

Dear Alex U,

Thank you for posting your review here on Tripadvisor and we are so happy that you had a great 6 night stay, it always says a lot when a guest has a long stay in one hotel and they walk away having had a wonderful time.

I have said it before and it is worth saying again just how important it is to have a great staff as we do here they have such an intimate knowledge of Victoria and know where all the great little restaurants are and give our guests the best information so they can really enjoy their time here.

Our philosophy is simple: Give our guests a clean comfortable room, great service, good information and a hotel that we would want to stay at ourselves.

Thank you again for your kind comments and we hope to see you again.

Quality Inn Downtown Inner Harbour Victoria.

Been to Quality Inn Downtown Inner Harbour? Share your experiences!