“Great Family Trip” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn Downtown Inner Harbour

Save Saved
You added Quality Inn Downtown Inner Harbour to your Saves list
Quality Inn Downtown Inner Harbour
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   850 Blanshard St, Victoria, British Columbia V8W 2H2, Canada   |
Ranked #26 of 57 hotels in Victoria
Vancouver, BC
“Great Family Trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

I've worked in hotels for over 10 years so staying at hotels all over I know when i've hit a gem. I took my family here over spring break and we loved every mintue of it. The staff was unbelievable. The only things I would have to say were not good, was the underground parking situation and the pool area. Other than that we would defently come back. It was close to the action so taking our 5 yr old out walking around wasn't too much for her. The front desk staff were great with our needs and knew where to eat and what to do and see in the area. We didn't eat at the restaunt but the staff was great when i asked for a glass of milk for my daughter. I can't wait for our next trip to Victoria.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Jamie L, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn Downtown Inner Harbour, responded to this review, July 27, 2013
Dear JenmyMo,

I would just like to start by thanking you for taking the time to leave a review. As a hospitality professional I know that I tend to be very critical of hotels when I travel. You mentioned that you used to work in the hospitality industry as well, so I know it really means something when you say you found a gem! I'm so happy to hear that my team were able to provide you with lots of tips and recommendations to help you make the most of your stay.

Thank you again for your feedback, we look forward to seeing you again!

257 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Asheville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

Incredibly helpful, friendly staff. Great location steps from all the main downtown sites, restaurants, etc. Property is older and intial impression of lobby and corridors not too positive but room was good sized and quite nice though there is a bit of street noise at night. Restaurant on premises offers good value, decent breakfast options. Overall a good choice at a value price compared to neighboring fancier hotels.

Room Tip: Side street rooms may be a bit quieter then those fronting on Blanchard.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Jamie L, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn Downtown Inner Harbour, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear DMCNSLT,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It sounds like you really enjoyed your stay! We are an older property as you mentioned and I am happy to say that we are working on a plan right now for a renovation of our corridors.

I couldn't agree with you more regarding our fantastic location! Most of our guests just park their cars and enjoy the city on foot as we're within walking distance of most of the major attractions.

The restaurant, The Argyle Attic, is a separate business to the hotel but I will pass your kind comments on to them.

Thank you again for your review. We strive to provide our guests with a clean, comfortable room and friendly staff to help you make the most of your trip, I am happy to hear that we succeeded on this occasion. I hope we can look forward to welcoming you back!

Kind Regards,

Lebanon, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

This is an old hotel but clean. Needed some upgrades. It was in a very convenient location. All of the staff were very nice and helpful. They need to put some kind of ramp to get the luggage up the stairs to the elevator. We made it ok but if I had been disabled, couldn't have done it. The old window air-conditioner was loud, needs to be updated.

Room Tip: The corner room is nice but noisy.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Grandma512,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. As you mentioned, we are an older property and as such we are constantly in the process of upgrading the hotel. We are in the midst of planning a renovation of our hallways at the moment that we are very excited about.

I must agree with you, it would be nice if the lobby had been designed with a ramp up to the elevator. There are 5 stairs up from to lobby to the mezzanine level where the elevator is located and we always have a staff member on hand to assist guest's with their baggage if necessary.

I am a bit confused by your comment regarding the window air conditioner as we do not have any rooms that feature an air conditioning unit. While the hotel is not air conditioned we do have a central air system that circulates cool air from outside throughout the hotel to maintain a steady temperature in the rooms. The central air comes into the rooms through a vent on the ceiling, and is usually quite quiet, but I apologize if this is what disturbed you.

Thank you again for your review, I hope we can look forward to welcoming you back!

Kind Regards,
Sarasota, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Fabulous trip to Victoria and stayed at the Quality Inn Inner Harbour. The hotel is older but staff was very friendly and the room was clean. We didn't eat in the restuarant, but it sounded busy as we walked by. I would recommend this place for location and value.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Jamie L, General Manager at Quality Inn Downtown Inner Harbour, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Dear Lisag523,

Thank you for your review here on Trip Advisor; we are happy that you enjoyed your visit to Victoria and our hotel.

I was happy to see that the staff treated you well they are a great bunch and you pointed out the cleanliness of the rooms, it is so important that our guests feel comfortable and they can have a relaxing stay with us.

We are constantly upgrading our rooms, just in the last year we have put in new beds, 42 inch LCD TVs with HD programming, iphone/ipod clock radios, bathroom vanities and microwaves and we have more plans this year.

Once again thank you for your comments and we hope to see you in the future.

KIngston, Ontario
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

The wifi didn't work in my room, the restaurant was rarely open but you can't beat the location. Plus the staff are excellent. They were very friendly and knowledgable. Given the other hotels in the area, I'm not sure I would return but my experience was decent.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear JRKingston,

Thank you for your review of our hotel on Trip Advisor and your comments are very important to us.

I have let the staff know what an excellent job they did during your stay.

The Wi-Fi issue is a challenging one and we are looking into alterative options to correct this issue, we are not the only ones that have this problem, even though we bring in the best signal and highest MB that we can we have noticed over the past year now that most people have smart phones, laptops or/and tablets the band width that worked fine a year ago is not enough anymore. Like I said we are now looking into fibre optics which will provide for the demand but it is rather expensive.

I was surprised about the restaurant as they are open every day from 7am to 11am for breakfast 11am to 2pm for lunch then they open again from 5pm to 9pm for dinner there is rarely a day that they are not open at these times. I would like to know a little more about the day you were here so I can investigate this further, if you could contact me directly I would appreciate it.

Once again thank you for your comments.

Chatham, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

The hotel is perfectly located within walking distance of the majority of attractions in Victoria. The front desk staff are friendly and their service was much appreciated including having extra umbrellas on hand.

On our first stay the front desk person recommended the rear of the hotel facing the courtyard. It was a nice quiet room with a small balcony that the door could be opened to allow fresh air to come in. On our second stay, they gave us a corner suite that while bright, tended to be quite noisy, especially from passing motorcycles (which were often). The light switch for the bathroom was also in an awkward place, outside of the bathroom, by the bed????

The pool is quite small and on the last day a little cloudy. Enjoyed have a steam room though.
The only real negative is the attached restaurant which while the service is good, they really need to hire a chef (or at least a cook). The breakfast was absolutely terrible. When you can't cook something that simple, it's time to get a real cook!

However, we would definitely stay here again, just eat elsewhere until they get the cooking straightened around.

Room Tip: If you want a quieter stay, choose the courtyard rooms
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear MikeV57,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review, we are always happy to see Top Contributors like yourself leaving comments.

Our location and staff service are by far the two things we get the most comments on. I am sorry we could not accommodate you in an inside room like your first visit with us we do try to put guests in the area of the hotel that they prefer though it is not always possible due to the size and popularity of our hotel.

I have also passed your comments on the management of the restaurant as your input is very important. Though we do not operate the restaurant of coarse many of our guests do eat there.

I am happy to see that you will defiantly stay with us again and we look forward to your next visit.

Once again thank you for your comments.

Chilliwack, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Check-in went smoothly, we were given a parking discount for a 6 night stay. Staff very polite and helpful. Parking is tight if you have one of those big trucks and they don't have enough spots as once we had to park on the street. We had a nice large room with kitchenette on the top floor with a balcony over looking a lovely little courtyard with a fountain which helped to drown out some of the city noise. We were also fortunate to get some sun in the afternoon on our little balcony. The hotel is showing signs of wear and tear, the beds are very comfortable and everything is very clean. Be warned no air conditioning which is fine in April but could get rather hot in August, they do supply a fan though. One of the best locations I was able to walk to all of the major downtown attractions. Make sure you get a voucher for eating at the Argyle Attic the hotels restaurant. We ate there twice, breakfast and dinner both times great food and not too busy

Room Tip: Ask for room overlooking courtyard
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Jamie L, General Manager at Quality Inn Downtown Inner Harbour, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear JLG154927

Thank you for your review here on Trip Advisor, I am glad that overall your stay was a good one and you enjoyed the location, the friendliness of the staff and our new beds we do get a lot of similar comments.

I would like to clarify a couple of your points we do have a Central Air Conditioning System which can be controlled by the wall vent in every room.
As far as parking goes we do have overflow parking at the city library right across the street from the hotel and we have unlimited parking so there is enough secure underground parking for everyone. If a vehicle is too tall for our hotel parking we will have guests park at the library as it has less of a height restriction.

I have also passed on your comments onto the staff of the Argyle Attic as they always enjoy getting some praise for their efforts.

We look forward to your next visit.

Jamie
Quality Inn Downtown Inner Harbour Victoria

Been to Quality Inn Downtown Inner Harbour? Share your experiences!