“Good value for your $$” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn Downtown Inner Harbour

You added Quality Inn Downtown Inner Harbour to your Saves list
Quality Inn Downtown Inner Harbour
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   850 Blanshard St, Victoria, British Columbia V8W 2H2, Canada   |
Ranked #26 of 58 Hotels in Victoria
“Good value for your $$”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel for two nights in December. Second floor room faced an inner courtyard which provided a peaceful quiet night on the first night. Room was clean with two queen size beds. Bathroom was a little dark but was fine otherwise. Second night -Mayan Apocolypse nught had has up for quite a while with some partiers. Young girls, what is with the drunken crying in the hallway on your cell phones... Do you really need someone to tell you to go to bed...The management did apologize for the noise, Would recommend this hotel. Its location is central to all the downtown Victoria venues as well as central to Royal Jubilee abd the Cancer Clinic.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Jamie L, General Manager at Quality Inn Downtown Inner Harbour, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Dear kydler,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on Trip Advisor.
We do appreciate your comments.

I am glad you had a good stay with us despite the young girls, we do try very hard to keep a handle on that type of situation and yes sometimes you have to tell a person to go to bed.

I am happy that you see the value here we have done many upgrades this past year with even more to come this year without raising our rates. We all work hard to earn a living and I certainly understand how important it is to get good value for the money we spend.

We do get many visitors from the Island that come down for medical reasons and they express the same thing you have about the location being ideal to get to appointments and we do offer a special rate for those coming down for medical appointments.

Once again thank you for your review and we hope to host you in the future.

Quality Inn Downtown Inner-Harbour Victoria

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Lincoln, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Completely renovated, spotless, new manager who loves his job, knowledgeable staff AND WITHIN WALKING DISTANCE OF THE QUAINT LITTLE DOWNTOWN OF VICTORIA !! I felt very safe at all times and am looking forward to revisiting this hotel and Victoria. I Max Theatre, political bldgs, truck parade during christmas, the water front all lit up, One morning I walked to Starbucks and had brunch on their patio with our coats on of course.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Jamie L, General Manager at Quality Inn Downtown Inner Harbour, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Dear scott b

Thank you for taking the time to review our “Quaint Little Hotel in the Heart of Downtown Victoria” we are very happy that you had such a great visit to our city and your stay with us.

I do love what I do; being in the hospitality industry for over 25 years from hotels and resorts to cruise ships the one thing that always makes me fell good about it is comments like yours and the staff here which combined adds up to over 125 years experience in the hospitality industry appreciate it also.

I was very happy to see that you really noticed the changes we have made here though we have not totally renovated we have made many upgrades to make sure we are exceeding the needs of our guests so that they have a great stay with us in a clean well appointed room with all the modern amenities like 42 inch LCD TVs with real HD programming, Iphone/Ipod clock radios, microwaves and new beds.

Location, Location, Location; Just outside our doors you have walking access to all the things you mentioned as well as shopping, Inner Harbour and about fifty restaurants.

Thank you again for your review of our hotel and city and we look forward to your next visit to Victoria

Quality Inn Downtown Inner Harbour Victoria
Alexandria, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

We stayed here one night in December. The staff was pretty friendly, but the hotel was clean and the location is ideal. Plus, the rooms are big. More than enough room to spread out. There wasn't any noise outside and the other guests weren't too rowdy.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear jbuhler,

Thank you for your review here on Trip Advisor. I am happy that you had a good stay with us and you appreciated all the hard work that our housekeeping staffs does to make sure that you had a clean comfortable room. Our rooms are large and we have received many great comments on them.

Our location is ideal, we are close to everything, with out being right on the main road. We have many guests that arrive here park their car in the underground parking and don’t use their car again until they are leaving. Many of Victoria’s main attractions are within walking distance as well as restaurants, shopping and parks.

I am curious with your comment about the staff being pretty friendly and the only reason I say that is most comments I get about the hotel are about the friendliness of the staff. If there is something that you would like to discuss in more depth please do not hesitate contacting me directly.

Our number one priority here is our guests and we believe you do that by having a friendly helpful staff, clean well appointed rooms and a location that is ideal for visiting Victoria.

Once again thank you for your comments they are important, we look forward to your next visit to Victoria.

Quality Inn Downtown Inner Harbour Victoria
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

We came here for a weekend, 3 people. In short, it was very pleasant.

The staff was courteous and helpful, the room itself was clean. We also got a 50% discount off dinner or breakfast at the hotel restaurant. We did breakfast, and seriously, it was good!

My only issue was the mattress was too soft for someone with a bad back. My guess is all rooms have the same type of mattress but if you share this physical condition, try and see if you can get a firmer mattress.

And ask for that 50% discount coupon if they didn't offer it.

For price? Very reasonable.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Jamie L, General Manager at Quality Inn Downtown Inner Harbour, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Dear Happy_stomach,

Thank you for your review it is always a pleasure to see them when they come in from Senior Contributors like yourself.

I agree with you the team here are very helpful and courteous and we recive many great comments about them, I have passed your comments onto them and they all really enjoy hearing they are doing a good job.

I have also passed on your comments onto the staff and management of the Argyle Attic where you had your breakfast, and I agree with you I eat there 3 to 4 times a week and they do a great job.

I was sorry to hear that our beds were to soft we just put them in new at the beginning of the year they are pillow top Sealy and I guess if you are use to a hard mattress as I am they may seem a little soft though I have slept on these ones and did not have an issue I can understand if you have a more serious back issue you may find them a little soft. But it does bring up a good point and I am looking into what we can do for our guests like you that may need a firmer mattress. And by the time you come to visit us again we may have a solution.

Edmonton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

My room was beautiful - it was big, bright and had lots of windows.

The front desk staff were very friendly and helpful.

But my favourite part of this hotel was the food at the hotel pub (Argyle Attic). Simply amazing!! It is local food, extremely fresh and delicious. I ate there the first night because I received a 50% off coupon with my hotel stay, but I returned the second night because I was so impressed. Definitely plan to eat at the Argyle Attic if you stay at this hotel!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Dear Nicole_ca,

Than you for your comments here on Trip Advisor it is always good to get reviews from contributors like yourself.

We do have big rooms and it sounds to me like you may have had one of out corner rooms as they have windows on 2 side that do make the rooms super bright.

I have passed on your comments and my congratulations onto the staff and management of the Argyle Attic and Smiths Pub I do get the opportunity to eat there often and they do have a good spin on pub and Canadian food.

Once again thank you for your review and we hope we get the chance to host you again in the future..

B.C.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

Our daughter goes to UVIC so we have been in Victoria several times in the last 2 years. First few times other hotels @ much higher prices. After we stayed @ this Quality Inn last Spring I knew we wouldn't go anywhere else so I signed up for the Choices Program and before I knew it we had enough points for a free night. The location is so handy to downtown, restaurants, pubs, tourist attractions and the harbour, The regular rooms are very spacious and clean. Sometimes our daughter stays with us and we stay in the 1 bedroom suites which don't cost a lot more. Last but not least the friendly, helpful welcome you get from the staff can't be beat.

Room Tip: Going again the beginning of Dec. with visiting family. The Front Desk Manager very helpfully on my...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Happy G,

Thank you so much for your review here on Trip Advisor and welcome. We are so happy that you have made us home hotel when you come and visit your daughter here in Victoria.

The team here are fantastic with guests and combined have over 150 years experience at this hotel some of our staff have been here for over 35 years and are true hospitality professionals.

Our location is truly one of the comments we get the most of it is very convenient to get to anywhere downtown. As you pointed out value we all want great value for our hard earned money and I am glad you fell we deliver on that.

Once again thank you for your comments and we look forward to your next visit.

Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We were very happy with our stay here. We stayed here for the weekend during the Victoria Marathon and it worked out perfectly. It was close to everything and we were able to walk everywhere so we didn't have to bring a car from the Mainland. There were four of us in the room so it was nice to have Queen size beds (it seems hard to find rooms with 2 Queens!) The staff was friendly and accommodating.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Becky C,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments about our little hotel in the heart of the city. Location is one of the reasons we are so popular and funnily enough the friendliness of the staff is the other big compliment we get a lot, but we never get tired of hearing it.

We only have queen size and king size beds in the hotel and as you seen a room with two queen beds they are pretty spacious even for 4 adults. Just another point is that all the beds are less than a year old.

Once again thank you for your review and we hope to host you again in the future.

Quality Inn Downtown Inner Harbour

Been to Quality Inn Downtown Inner Harbour? Share your experiences!