“Perfect location for Walking the City” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Victoria Regent Hotel

You added Victoria Regent Hotel to your Saves list
Victoria Regent Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1234 Wharf Street, Victoria, British Columbia V8W 3H9, Canada   |
Ranked #6 of 58 Hotels in Victoria
Florida
“Perfect location for Walking the City”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

I stayed here 2 nights before driving out to Tofino. I was pleasantly surprised at how beautiful, spacious and nice this condo is! The front desk staff was always helpful. The view over the marina was beautiful,, and this property was absolutely perfect for walking everywhere in the downtown area. didn't have to get in the car at all..

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
  • Korean first
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

I have stayed in almost every waterfront hotel on Victoria. By far our 2 bedroom suite on the 7th floor had the most breath taking view of the harbour. You could see the clipper sailing in, sea planes in the air, birds flying and of course the beautiful blue water. The location is probably the best as well just steps from amazing restaurants, minutes away from shops, mall, China Town, ~ 5-8 min walk to Empress, 15 mins to IMAX. Was a bit disappointed there was no AC? The suite was very spacious but furniture was a bit outdated. Really surprised how many closets there were probably more than 10 !! I guess thats good if you are a resident there. They had free breakfast and also had an option where they bring it up to your room for only $2/ person!!! Amazing breakfast for $8 for four of us ( so much food). So glad we booked just before they sold out on the Easter long weekend. We come to Victoria at least 3 times a year and will always stay here from now on.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Charleston, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Lovely hotel with great customer service. Victoria is a beautiful place with lots of great sights. I stayed at the Regent on Easter and they put 2 little chocolate Lindt bunnies on my bed that night. The breakfast is quite good and complimentary. When I returned about a week later, they were even more helpful. I had friends with me, who were staying out at the airport. They kept their luggage in my room while we were sightseeing during the day. They gave us a great recommendation for a place to have dinner. When we returned after dinner, they helped us call a cab for my friends, so they could get to their airport hotel. I had been upgraded to a harbor view, which was lovely. I had booked a regular room, but they gave me a suite. It was lovely. I would definitely return.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Mesa, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We've stayed at the Fairmont Empress and it was great, but we will stay at the Victoria Regent from now on. We had a two-bedroom, ocean-view suite that was enormous and comfortable. The service was prompt and friendly. I wish I could give it 6 stars!

Room Tip: The view from the ocean front rooms is remarkable.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Oliver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Our family of 5 including two teens and one pre-teen had an absolutely fabulous stay at the Victoria Regent during Spring Break. The only downside....we had 3 short days in our stunning two-bedroom suite.
The view of the Inner Harbour was nothing short of spectacular. We were mere steps away from fantastic shopping and some of Victoria's best restaurants (from Mexican Cantinas to high end seafood eateries). We were also an easy 5 minute walk to the beautiful Legislative Buildings and the BC Museum and the various other Victoria tourist attractions.
The suite itself was spacious and comfortable. Having our own fully stocked kitchen was extremely convenient.
The front desk staff was helpful and friendly.
A delicious continental breakfast is served daily until 11:00am and is included in the room rate. This is a real cost savings for a family of 5. The breakfast area offers a fantastic view of the harbour and was something we looked forward to every morning before heading out to see the sights.
Thanks to the warm Spring Victoria weather, we were able to enjoy a delightful and relaxing happy hour on our large deck as we watched the seaplanes take off and land.
Sometimes a hotel is simply a place to sleep at the end of a busy day. I have to say that The Victoria Regent was a key part of our vacation. It enhanced our Victoria experience 10 fold and we can't wait to return.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 702 which was one floor from the top. We had a sweeping view of the harbour and w...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
earlwilde, General Manager at Victoria Regent Hotel, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words. We were so pleased that we could be your home away from home during your visit to our beautiful city. We look forward to hosting you in the future.
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

We stayed here for two nights, it was perfect for a getaway to see Victoria. The location was ideal, we had lovely harbor views, and could easily walk to Government Street (main shopping area), the Royal BC Museum, and the waterfront. Our room was enormous, and extremely comfortable and clean. Overall it was an excellent value and we will definitely make this our hotel every time we visit Victoria.

Room Tip: Make sure to choose a harbor view room
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Sausalito, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

I had caught the Victoria Clipper from Seattle, so got in at 10 a.m., and was so happy to be able to check into the hotel immediately. There was a little terrace, which I imagine would be very nice in the warmer months. What I found outstanding about my stay here was the efficiency and extreme friendliness of the staff. I had twisted my ankle at my hotel in Seattle, and they provided me with an ice pack, which helped a lot. There's a very tempting little mini-bar, and a 1/2 bottle of merlot sitting there caught my attention--I finally gave in-- especially as it was from BC. There is a flourishing wine industry in BC. The room was very quiet (I was on the 8th floor), which is what I'd requested. The next morning, even though I hadn't hung my requests by 2 a.m., as requested, I was able to order breakfast, and it arrived in about 10 minutes. The comforts, and more especially, the friendly staff, made this a perfect stay for my short time in Victoria.

Room Tip: I was facing the street off the harbor side, which had a little street noise at night, but I could s...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Been to Victoria Regent Hotel? Share your experiences!