“GOOD BUDGET HOTEL WITH COMPLIMENTARY BREAKFAST/TENNIS COURTS NEARBY” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Accent Inn Victoria

Save Saved
You added Accent Inn Victoria to your Saves list
Booking.com Travelocity
Accent Inn Victoria
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   3233 Maple Street, Victoria, British Columbia V8X 4Y9, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
15% Off! Say What?!!
Ranked #27 of 57 hotels in Victoria
Canada
“GOOD BUDGET HOTEL WITH COMPLIMENTARY BREAKFAST/TENNIS COURTS NEARBY”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

This is an exceptionally good deal for Victoria; especially if you book through their site on line and receive a discounted rate. We had a larger room with sofa and queen size bed. Breakfast was included and for two people, the price with tax was around $100.00 a night. The bed was comfortable and the breakfast was decent. The only complaint that we had was that the air conditioner was ineffective. We contacted the front desk and also spoke to the maintenance person, who said it would be fixed. However, it remained useless throughout our three night stay. The room is quite stuffy and the bed is situated at the back, so it really impacted our stay.
Upon check out, the front desk told me that they were updating their air conditioners in October and we must have had a room with one of the obsolete units. Otherwise, it is a pleasant place to stay and is situated with lots of shops and grocery stores close by the hotel.

TENNIS ALERT: TWO OUTDOOR PUBLIC TENNIS COURTS JUST AROUND THE CORNER FROM THE HOTEL.

Room Tip: Room tip: stay at the back on an upper level. If air conditioning matters to you, make certain upo...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

172 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

We stayed for a night in Victoria before heading north. The rate was good and the reviews were encouraging. We had a car so its being out of downtown Vic wasn't an issue. I was very pleased by the overall quality of the Accent Inn.

Its external design is from the 80s but the facade has been recently updated. Our room was far better than I expected. It had obviously been renovated fairly recently. The bathroom is excellent with good water pressure, lighting, plush(isn) towels, soaps, and other toiletries. The shower head is variable in spray and high enough so tall people (like us) don't have to stoop to wash our hair. Lots of towels, tissues, extras, nicely organized. The room smelled clean, fresh, & neutral - no air fresheners or artificial scents. Like my home

The beds are outstanding - very, very comfortable with lots of good pillows. The bedspreads aren't slippery, cheap polyester hide-all-manner-of-sins-in-an abstract pattern and appeared and smelled very clean. Bed linens were crisp, clean, and ample. The TV is flat screen with many channels (not that I much care) and the internet is fast and strong (I do care about this.)

There is a coffee maker and a small refrigerator, which I always appreciate. The carpet is clean; the furniture comfortable, and convenient, the wall decorations are much better than average, as if a human with an eye for color chose the prints.

The continental breakfast was varied and good - bagels, breads & pastries from a decent source. Nothing in cellophane wrappers. Real orange juice. Several yogurts. Cereal, I think, wasn't much interested. Fresh oranges, apples. Coffee, tea.

There's a lovely patio seating area on the second floor. Didn't use in the rain but in the summer it would be a great place to relax in the sun with a cup of coffee.

This Accent Inn was better than advertised. Extremely comfortable, very clean, very well appointed. I'd stay here again and recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Port Moody, BC, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

I have stayed here several times and have never had a bad experience (although somehow a little spider crept into my room this time and I had to use the ironing board to squish him on the ceiling...sorry cleaners!) I did miss the restaurant next door which burned down but the hotel has arranged a discount for guests with a couple of nearby family style restaurants...nice touch. Unfortunately, I had to be up Island by mid morning so missed the continental breakfast provided by the hotel. Maybe it could start at 6:30 instead of 7:00 for early birds like me? The one thing that struck me this time were the little touches of humor in the hotel material like the little stand up sign that says something like "Who did the packing?" and advises that toothbrushes, etc. are available at the front counter. Cute. As usual, the room was clean, the bed was comfy and the fridge appreciated. This place does a really good job of being what it is...a pleasant place where travelers can relax comfortably after a day on the road or pursuing the many pleasures of Victoria.

Room Tip: The front rooms face onto a busy street but with the windows closed, you really can't hear the t...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Calgary
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

I stayed @ the Accent while in Victoria for this event and visiting with local friends. While not as central as other hotels I used in the past, it lived up to its image as a clean, comfortable and friendly establishment. The kitchenette is small but I found everything I needed and all appliances worked well. They were very bicycle friendly, going so far as to leave me rags to clean my bike which I was able to store in my room. All the staff, including the cleaning, maintenance and front desk employees were helpful and courteous. Chris, the Manager, came out to chat and gave me directions to the Galloping Goose trail which is only two blocks away. Overall, the Accent is a good value that I would recommend to others.

Room Tip: I stayed on the back side which is likely a bit quieter.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

Nice little hotel located near Mayfair Mall, so about a 5 minute drive to downtown Victoria. I stayed there for work and it was comfortable and affordable. Check in was smooth, service was good, location was convenient, room was ok (nothing special, but not bad either - what you'd expect from a property like this). Nice to have free parking and free internet (which actually worked!). I usually try to stay at Choice/Quality hotels because of their points, but for some reason the price at Accent was considerably cheaper the week I was there, so tried it. If you collect Save-On More points (from Save-On foods), they give you 200 points per night for staying, which is a nice little bonus. There are a lot of tired, old hotels in Victoria. Luckily this was not one of them!

Room Tip: Back side of the hotel is nice & quiet.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Canmore, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

We stayed here for three nights and we were very comfortable although we didn't spend too much time in the room. Since its on Blanchard Street which is very busy and noisy, my husband suggested to get a room on the backside which we were able to do. It was quiet.
The room had a kitchen and nice sitting area. The bed was comfortable and clean.
The front desk staff were courteous.

The location was great for us and just 5 minute drive into downtown Victoria.

We would certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back side are quieter.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Nanaimo, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

I have stayed at this location before and found it to be very good in everything that they offer. This time when I stayed, I booked thru a reservation desk. I had reserved one room with two queen beds for three people and when I had arrived I was told that they had not received that reservation. My third party ended up having to pay for a single room himself. This does not reflect on Accent Inn as they didn't take the reservation. The name of the company that took my reservation is Reservation Desk.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Been to Accent Inn Victoria? Share your experiences!