“A perfect little B & B with a heart as good as gold.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Scholefield House

Scholefield House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Victoria
Scholefield House
731 Vancouver Street, Victoria, British Columbia V8V 3V4, Canada (Fairfield)   |
Ranked #60 of 110 Victoria B&B and Inns
A TripAdvisor Member
“A perfect little B & B with a heart as good as gold.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2006

When my fiancee suggested that we stay at this B & B I was a bit more than curious. I went to their web site and was pleasantly surprised by the depth of information that was available. Many Hotels, motels and even B & Bs just have sparse information leaving you wondering if what they say is true. I didn't need to doubt based on The Scholefield House and their site as it is so full of information and pictures, it couldn't be misleading. And it wasn't. We arrived from the US and were immediately made to feel at home. Even though we arrived early, they welcomed us and let us leave our luggage. When we were able to see our room (the King Suite) I was very happy. Wonderful antiques, a fireplace, huge bathroom with large jacuzzi, books, mints on the pillows, lace doilies. It felt more like Grandma's house than a hotel.

My partner and I were there to get married and long before we arrived George and Tana, the owners, had given us much information on how we could ask for very elaborate arrangements or simple ones based on what WE wanted. They didn't pressure us to do what THEY wanted. It was all about US. I slept very well. We were there four nights and they were great nights. I never slept better even though I was not in my OWN bed. Each morning we were greeted with a breakfast that was award winning. Even thought my partner and I are vegan, we didn't have to "settle". The breakfasts were catered to us. Other guests were given traditional meat containing or dairy containing meals and we were provided with alternatives that were just as beautiful, appetizing and appropriate. No detail was missed. Additionally, every course contained edible flowers and herbs, many of which came from the garden at the B & B. Everything was explained. It was well above and beyond my expectations.

Any question we had about where to go, what to do or "must see things" and "watch out" venues was answered more thoroughly than expected. Our stay in Victoria would not have been as fulfilling had we not taken their advise when offered or asked for. Also, the owners were not pushy or overbearing. They took their cue from us, the guest, as to how involved they would be with us. That was refreshing.

Cookies, nuts, sherry and tea provided in the library at all times. Quite, relaxing, and very historic. I honestly can say that we will NEVER visit Victoria that we will not stay at The Scholefield House. (That is unless they are so popular that we can no longer get reservations) :-) Yes, it is more expensive than a budget hotel but for what you get, it is a BARGIN.

Bottom line. I was skeptical at first but pleased beyond words by the end of our stay.

• Stayed May 2006

10 people have reviewed this hotel

Families
Solo
Business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2006

We could not have had a better time in Victoria. The Scholefield House was amazing, and the service that George and Tana provided was exceptional. We were married there in the parlor, and everything was perfect. And the breakfasts! We still miss the wonderful breakfasts. Don't miss the opportunity to make your visit to Victoria pass the four-star mark!

• Stayed May 2006
durham nc
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2005

We stayed at the Scholefield house expecting the gourmet 5 course breakfast etc as described. We found the breakfast to be average, albeit dressed up with a variety of edible herbs and flowers. The omelets were brown and the french toast so so. The "first course" of fruit and yogurt was always delicious.

Our room was perfectly acceptable and the bed comfortable; however, the bathroom had hairs in the corner along the baseboards and was tiny (Secret Garden room).

We also got the feeling that our hostess wasn't happy if we didn't take her advice or directions on what to do or where to eat.

They did recommend a wonderful restaurant, MedGrill which was absolutely a delight.

All in all an acceptable bed and breakfast but not a wonderful one.

Stayed August 2005
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2004

The Scholefield House was by far and away the best experience we have had traveling abroad ever. Not only were we treated like honored guests, but our hosts were two of the most knowledgable, genteel, sweet, gracious and thoughtful people we've come across in a good while. All of our questions were answered with either accurate, detailed information or a brisk "I'll find out" - never once did we hear "I don't know".

We will never forget that happy, joyful and beautiful afternoon beside the hearth - the early morning brandy and lovely breakfast - the welcoming feel in the evenings.

Anyone would do well to visit and lodge within this unique find, even if only for one night. Thank you, George and Tana - your hospitality is something we hope to soon revisit!!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2003

We have stayed at the Scholefield House twice in the past 6 months. The hosts are lovely, interesting people with a wealth of knowledge about the Victoria area. If you have a question they have an (accurate!) answer. The rooms are great and the breakfasts are delicious.
Additionally, unlike many B& B's in Victoria, this one is within a 3 block radius of the Inner Harbor. Perfect!

Been to Scholefield House? Share your experiences!