Great value for money. It's not a posh hotel, but it is clean, uptodate and modern three story hotel. We rented a one bedroom suite with a full kitchen and two pullout couchs. I think the sq ft was about 700. The size of a one bedroom apartment.
Booking was easy, the staff on the telephone were very professional and well trained, the foyer is clean and welcoming, there is a gift store and a large area devoted to information on Victoria. The elevators, if not in use were on the main floor with the doors open waiting for you.
We had dinner the first night, and it was pleasant and affordable. The rest of our meals we prepared in our suite with the exception of Dim Sum in China Town. We were in the hub with a very short walk to the Harbour. Less than a block away we found the horse drawn carriages.
The hotel thought of every need well in advance. There was two unbrellas in the closet, thank goodness we did not need them, but we were worried we might. There was a fan, a safe, housecoats and more I'm sure. The washroom was fully supplied with lots of larger soaps and shampoo etc. The kitchen was fully equipped though there were a few items I wish I had, like an extra frying pan. I'm sure the staff would have provided one if I had asked.
The halls were clean, the room was in excellent condition and very clean. The ONLY complaint would be is that the moment I was leaving I found a silverfish! Now its not that uncommon in older buildings especially in our damp environment and it was a small silverfish, they are harmless, but just the thougt is a bit gross. I told the front desk and they said they would investigate immediately. They took my comment seriously, and that is what I appreciate and would influence my return despite its discovery.
Oh I forgot to mention the pool, larger than average hottub, fitness room, I believe there were saunas, not something I use...... there was a billards room AND a games room, with games, puzzles, tv, etc. Our room had two TVs!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- See why so many people return to the Royal Scot time and time again! Immaculately clean, the Royal Scot is a service oriented hotel, ideal for couples and families alike. Make yourself at home in a Studio or One Bedroom Suite. Both offer a fully equipped kitchen and living room area. Just steps from Victoria's beautiful Inner Harbour, the Royal Scot offers free wi-fi as well as an indoor pool & hot tub, games room, gift shop and free downtown shuttle. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Tingo, Otel, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com and Venere so you can book your Royal Scot Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Scot Hotel And Suites
- Royal Scot Victoria
- Royal Scot Hotel Victoria