“Excellent place to stay. Great location!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Oxford

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Victoria
The Oxford
You added The Oxford to your Saves list
133 Gorge Road East, Victoria, British Columbia V9A 1L1, Canada (Formerly Oxford Castle Inn) (Burnside)   |
Ranked #29 of 58 Hotels in Victoria
Penticton, Canada
“Excellent place to stay. Great location!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

We loved our stay at the Oxford!!!!
Our one bedroom suite was great. Nice spacious, bright and clean, with a comfortable bed. It’s beautifully furnished with wood cabinetry and wood floors and it even has a private balcony!!!. The building it’s always clean and well maintained.
It’s centrally located. Close to the gorge waterway, the galloping goose and downtown Victoria.
We would recommend to Oxford for any short or long term stays.
Thank you Stephanie and Winston, keep up the hard work. The Oxford is amazing!!!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

I am a retired police officer who along with my wife split the year between California and Victoria. The last 2 years we have rented at the Oxford at a very affordable price. The owner, Stephanie, has ensured our stay has been enjoyable. We have watched her continually renovate the building and this shows pride in ownership. The rooms are pleasant and the building and grounds are immaculate ! This building is close to the galloping goose (bicycle path that takes you the 2.5 miles to downtown in one direction and the ferry in the other) and to the Gorge waterway which can be seen from the front of the building. This building is extremely quiet and close to all the amenities one requires. I fully recommend the Oxford for any short or long term stays.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Vancouver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

Loved loved loved this place. I needed a place to stay while I was doing business in Victoria and this place felt just like home. The rooms are beautifully decorated and very clean. I was lucky to have a room with a view. It was close to water so there was a wonderful path to walk each morning. The manager and his dog were awesome and extremely helpful. Whenever you needed help they were available. If you need a place to stay for extended period of time while in Victoria this is the place!!!!! Thank you Oxford for making my time in Victoria wonderful!!!!!

Room Tip: Ask for Winston!!!!!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Bullhead City, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Our second trip to the Oxford, and it was just wonderful. The one bedroom had recently been renovated and had everything you could possibly need. The outside facade was being repainted and completes the look of an English manor. The location is convenient to downtown Victoria and is on city bus routes. My husband and I were able to vacation with our dog and cat while walking to nearly everything. The security of the building and rooms is excellent.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

The manager who runs the place is a fantastic woman with a very outgoing personality. The big white dog that sits at the front door all day is also very friendly, and the woman who takes care of the facilities is extremely helpful. These two people are honest and trustworthy.

The rooms themselves, at least the cheaper-priced single rooms, although they look nice, are kind of crappy. The walls are paper thin and our neighbour was a young girl who might have been trying out for an "Idol" show with her constant singing to herself. The fuses and wiring were outdated as such our iron, coffee maker and other power-intense modern appliances kept busting the fuses. Also the internet kept tripping out and would spend long amounts of time without any connection. Next door is a sports bar/comedy club and weekend nights can be very noisy.

All in all it is the best place to hunker down for an extended period in Victoria. I highly recommend the Oxford to anybody who is willing to put up with excessive noise and old fuses.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
victoria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

THIS WAS MY SECOND TIME AROUND AT THE OXFORD WHILE WORKING IN VICTORIA. MY APARTMENT WAS VERY COMFORTABLE , BRIGHT AND SPACIOUS. AND I ENJOYED IT VERY MUCH AS A SECONDARY RESIDENCE.

This was my second time around staying at the oxford. My apartment was very bright, spacious and quiet with friendly neighbours. My suite had its own private balcony with views of downtown Victoria and the gorge waterway. Management was efficient and courteous. The staff was very friendly. I would recommend the oxford to anyone looking for a great stay in Victoria at a reasonable rate.

Room Tip: The South/East facing suites are very bright while the South/West facing suites are very tranquil fa...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Enjoyed my one bedroom suite-it was perfect for my needs. I needed a furnished one bedroom place in Victoria while I shopped for the right condo to purchase. The oxford gave me the time I needed to complete the sale of my house in Ontario. I rented the suite over the phone and i was pleasantly surprised that it was all that the ad claimed - no gimmicks no hidden costs.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Been to The Oxford? Share your experiences!