“Great Place to Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Oxford

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Victoria
The Oxford
Save Saved
You added The Oxford to your Saves list
133 Gorge Road East, Victoria, British Columbia V9A 1L1, Canada (Formerly Oxford Castle Inn) (Burnside)   |
Ranked #27 of 58 Hotels in Victoria
Bullhead City, Arizona
“Great Place to Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Our second trip to the Oxford, and it was just wonderful. The one bedroom had recently been renovated and had everything you could possibly need. The outside facade was being repainted and completes the look of an English manor. The location is convenient to downtown Victoria and is on city bus routes. My husband and I were able to vacation with our dog and cat while walking to nearly everything. The security of the building and rooms is excellent.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Victoria, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

The manager who runs the place is a fantastic woman with a very outgoing personality. The big white dog that sits at the front door all day is also very friendly, and the woman who takes care of the facilities is extremely helpful. These two people are honest and trustworthy.

The rooms themselves, at least the cheaper-priced single rooms, although they look nice, are kind of crappy. The walls are paper thin and our neighbour was a young girl who might have been trying out for an "Idol" show with her constant singing to herself. The fuses and wiring were outdated as such our iron, coffee maker and other power-intense modern appliances kept busting the fuses. Also the internet kept tripping out and would spend long amounts of time without any connection. Next door is a sports bar/comedy club and weekend nights can be very noisy.

All in all it is the best place to hunker down for an extended period in Victoria. I highly recommend the Oxford to anybody who is willing to put up with excessive noise and old fuses.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
victoria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

THIS WAS MY SECOND TIME AROUND AT THE OXFORD WHILE WORKING IN VICTORIA. MY APARTMENT WAS VERY COMFORTABLE , BRIGHT AND SPACIOUS. AND I ENJOYED IT VERY MUCH AS A SECONDARY RESIDENCE.

This was my second time around staying at the oxford. My apartment was very bright, spacious and quiet with friendly neighbours. My suite had its own private balcony with views of downtown Victoria and the gorge waterway. Management was efficient and courteous. The staff was very friendly. I would recommend the oxford to anyone looking for a great stay in Victoria at a reasonable rate.

Room Tip: The South/East facing suites are very bright while the South/West facing suites are very tranquil fa...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Enjoyed my one bedroom suite-it was perfect for my needs. I needed a furnished one bedroom place in Victoria while I shopped for the right condo to purchase. The oxford gave me the time I needed to complete the sale of my house in Ontario. I rented the suite over the phone and i was pleasantly surprised that it was all that the ad claimed - no gimmicks no hidden costs.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Vancouver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Love the location; the renovations; the friendly and courteous service; all at a great value. I come every summer for a couple of months to visit with family and the comforts of the oxford always make me feel at home.

Room Tip: The 4th floor renovated suites have one of the best views in Victoria. From my balcony, I can see th...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Winnipeg, CANADA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Honestly unbelievable !! All I did was phone there on Thursday night, June 14 at 9:30 pm to ask if they rented by the week. The woman who answered the phone told me that my call was completely inconsiderate and that the office hours were 9 - 5. I asked if I called back during those hours if she could tell me if they rented by the week. She kept repeating that I was rude and inconsiderate phoning so late. It was 9:30 pm.
She could have simply said "I'm sorry but our office hours are 9 - 5. Could you please call back at that time." and skipped all the ranting. In fact, in the time it took her to complain that I'd called her she could have answered my question.
Needless to say I will tell everyone I know what happened and I will NEVER even think about staying there.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Loved my time at the Oxford: central location; beautiful gargens: great view; tastefully furnished suite. This quiet, extremely well maintained building is also reasonably priced. My job requires me to reside in "long term stays" across Canada. Based on my experiences, I would rate the Oxford as one of the best of its kind in Canada. Job well done!

Room Tip: The ground floor units with the fenced back yard allowed me to enjoy my early morning coffee under v...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Been to The Oxford? Share your experiences!