“BEST HOME AWAY FROM HOME” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Oxford

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Victoria
The Oxford
133 Gorge Road East, Victoria, British Columbia V9A 1L1, Canada (Formerly Oxford Castle Inn) (Burnside)   |
Ranked #25 of 57 hotels in Victoria
victoria
“BEST HOME AWAY FROM HOME”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

THIS WAS MY SECOND TIME AROUND AT THE OXFORD WHILE WORKING IN VICTORIA. MY APARTMENT WAS VERY COMFORTABLE , BRIGHT AND SPACIOUS. AND I ENJOYED IT VERY MUCH AS A SECONDARY RESIDENCE.

This was my second time around staying at the oxford. My apartment was very bright, spacious and quiet with friendly neighbours. My suite had its own private balcony with views of downtown Victoria and the gorge waterway. Management was efficient and courteous. The staff was very friendly. I would recommend the oxford to anyone looking for a great stay in Victoria at a reasonable rate.

Room Tip: The South/East facing suites are very bright while the South/West facing suites are very tranquil fa...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

22 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Enjoyed my one bedroom suite-it was perfect for my needs. I needed a furnished one bedroom place in Victoria while I shopped for the right condo to purchase. The oxford gave me the time I needed to complete the sale of my house in Ontario. I rented the suite over the phone and i was pleasantly surprised that it was all that the ad claimed - no gimmicks no hidden costs.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Vancouver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Love the location; the renovations; the friendly and courteous service; all at a great value. I come every summer for a couple of months to visit with family and the comforts of the oxford always make me feel at home.

Room Tip: The 4th floor renovated suites have one of the best views in Victoria. From my balcony, I can see th...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Winnipeg, CANADA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Honestly unbelievable !! All I did was phone there on Thursday night, June 14 at 9:30 pm to ask if they rented by the week. The woman who answered the phone told me that my call was completely inconsiderate and that the office hours were 9 - 5. I asked if I called back during those hours if she could tell me if they rented by the week. She kept repeating that I was rude and inconsiderate phoning so late. It was 9:30 pm.
She could have simply said "I'm sorry but our office hours are 9 - 5. Could you please call back at that time." and skipped all the ranting. In fact, in the time it took her to complain that I'd called her she could have answered my question.
Needless to say I will tell everyone I know what happened and I will NEVER even think about staying there.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Loved my time at the Oxford: central location; beautiful gargens: great view; tastefully furnished suite. This quiet, extremely well maintained building is also reasonably priced. My job requires me to reside in "long term stays" across Canada. Based on my experiences, I would rate the Oxford as one of the best of its kind in Canada. Job well done!

Room Tip: The ground floor units with the fenced back yard allowed me to enjoy my early morning coffee under v...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Nanaimo, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

This place has become a highlight of its neighbourhood. Beautiful gardens with fountains create a European feel. From my balcony I have a wonderful view of the gardens and the Gorge Waterway. The building is quiet, clean and tranquil. I have thoroughly enjoyed my time in Victoria while living at the Oxford.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

It's is my third stay at the Oxford over the past four years and each time I love the changes that have been made. The management staff continues to be warm and inviting and I am welcomed back to the Oxford family. The new garden and landscaping is fabulous and tranquil. You will love it here.

• Stayed April 2013

Been to The Oxford? Share your experiences!