“Great choice on the harbour” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Inn at Laurel Point

You added Inn at Laurel Point to your Saves list
Inn at Laurel Point
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   680 Montreal Street, Victoria, British Columbia V8V 1Z8, Canada   |
Ranked #11 of 58 Hotels in Victoria
GreenLeadersSilver level
Duncan, Canada
“Great choice on the harbour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

We stayed for four nights in the Erickson Wing in an upper floor room facing the outer harbour. Great view, nice balcony and beautiful bathrooms. I stayed here on business at a couple of conferences in the late 1990s and I must say that the Erickson Wing rooms have aged well. Maybe it's not as 'edgy" as a W for example, but the rooms still have a modern vibe while being comfortable and spacious. We also ate three times at Aura and really enjoyed both the service and the food, often sharing two or three of the delicious appetisers to make up the meal. Service in the restaurant was extremely charming and well-informed and the valet parking attendants were very friendly. Quibbles are minor. I think more upbeat décor could help the "dead zone" leading to the Erickson Wing and the corridors/hallways though wide are rather sterile. I was also surprised that the best price when I booked was available through Expedia even though I checked the hotel's website and called their reservation department.

Room Tip: Erickson Wing studio suites on an upper floor are the ones to have.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Judy E, Executive Assistant to the Boss at Inn at Laurel Point, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear cheffip,

Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to post your review of your recent four day sejour with is.
I cannot say this often enough but our guest's feedback is incredibly important to our success. We take the good comments (and the...not-so -good) to heart and try to find ways to improve upon ourselves..... going forward.
So glad you enjoyed your stay and that you also love AURA, our waterfront dining room - isn't it awesome??

Again, many thanks and enjoy the rest of your summer.

~Judy~

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (460)
Santa Rosa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

I have visited Victoria many, many times over the past 19 years. I have always wanted to stay at the Inn at Laurel Point, and this time I finally got my wish. Early June is still the off-season in Victoria; the schools aren't out yet, so the price of a room at the Inn was reasonable. We had a "partial view" room in the older section of the hotel. Our partial view just meant that the beautiful old maple trees growing along the Harbor blocked our view a bit. (What's Canada without maple trees????) The room had a far eastern motif, very simple. The beds were not the most comfortable. I've slept in worse, but they were not soft. The rooms were quiet, but the plumbing was a bit noisy. It may have been that our room was next to the ice/soda "closet". But we heard water running often. The hotel is an easy walk along the harbor to downtown Victoria, or Beacon park, or to Fisherman's Wharf. We walked everywhere. The staff was gracious. There is a small indoor pool, but it is cold. No hot tub, which would have been nice. The landscaped grounds include what is supposed to be a Japanese garden with a pond, but it is full of algae. The grounds need some work. All in all, a good value for Victoria. I would consider staying here again.

Room Tip: The whole point of staying here is a room with a view of the Harbor.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Wildwoodatheart,

After 19 years of visiting Victoria, I am so glad that you finally made the decision to stay with us. By your review, it sounds like you appreciated the value of staying in one of our more economical “partial view” Laurel Wing rooms. The rooms do have a very clean and uncluttered decor as our designers have always followed a philosophy that the interiors should be “quiet” in order to let the exterior views take centre stage. As you said, even the economy rooms with a “partial harbour view” are still lovely – those giant Maples and Weeping Sequoia trees perched on the edge of the harbour, which are protected by the City of Victoria by the way, provide a beautiful backdrop to our gorgeous property. If a clear and unobstructed view of the harbour is important to you, I assure you that we have over 175 other rooms on various floors and at various price points that could provide you with the most panoramic views of either the inner or outer harbour or both. There is a room to fit almost every taste and pocketbook.
I am sorry that you found the bed not to your liking. It is truly hard to please each and every guest that we have the pleasure of hosting –like the 3 bears, some find them too hard, some find them too soft and some find them “just right”. If only there was a “one size fits all bed”[insert smile].

Thank you for you very nice review and I do hope you will make our Inn you hotel of choice for your upcoming visits to Victoria.

Windsor
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Our family stayed here for 4 nights. We loved the beautiful room and the view of the inner harbour. I would say, however, that this place does have a bit of a "conference hotel" feel to it, and we had so little contact with staff that it would be impossible to say whether or not they were 'helpful'. At the same time, however, I have no complaints about this place. We had a great stay, and really, you couldn't ask for a better place to stay in Victoria.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Judy E, Executive Assistant to the Managing Director at Inn at Laurel Point, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Hi Martha L,
Thank you for posting your very gracious review regarding your recent stay with us. It sounds like you and your family really enjoyed your four nights with us. Our rooms really are very peaceful and upon request, we certainly have rooms that are spaciously adequate for a family of four, like yours. If you ever have doubts about the size of room that would best fit your needs again, do not hesitate to discuss this with our very well informed reservations agents who work right down stairs from my office. Unlike some larger chain companies who outsource their reservations departments to a third party, our agents are part of our family here at the Inn and are very well informed on every nuance of a room’s furnishings and accoutrement. They can answer every detailed question with confidence.
I do hope you have an opportunity to return with your family again one day!
Have a great rest of your summer.

Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

All levels of staff were extremely attentive and professional.
I was exceptionally pleased with my free upgrade to a corner-end room with a large patio. All rooms have excellent views, along with excellent quality in all aspects - furnishings, landscaped grounds, patios, bath robes, pathway to wharf and harbour, secured & very reasonable parking, good restaurant, etc.

Room Tip: All/Any room will be just fine - no bad rooms.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear James 572,
Thank you for posting your lovely review. If we managed to exceed your expectations regarding all aspects of your stay then we have done our jobs! What more could we ask for than a happy guest?
I am so pleased that you find our parking fees reasonable. Compared to other major cities, our rates here in downtown Victoria are indeed amongst the least expensive. In fact, I believe the Inn at Laurel Point has the second lowest rates in all of downtown Victoria and.....all is a secured and monitored area.
Thanks again, enjoy the balance of your summer. I do hope that you get a chance to return again one day!
All the best,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Everything about this place is perfect. The hotel is immaculate. The staff makes one feel at home. The rooms are very comfortable and exceptionally clean. The beds are great. The restaurant and bar are amazing. The pool is just right for short laps. The location is superb. I does not want to leave.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Robertlovesfoo,

You are awesome! Thanks so much for the great and succinct review!
Next time, please plan to stay a little longer!

Have a great rest of your summer.

Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

We had a brilliant stay with upgraded room overlooking harbour. The staff were all very helpful. Food and wine pricey but to be expected in quality hotel. Rooms were very clean but low on bath towels and suprisingly no dressing gowns. Best location and most wonderful view over harbour, could sit and watch sea planes and boats arrive and depart all day long. Would definately put as one of the best hotel locations we have ever stayed at and hope to stay again one day. Best fish and chips we have had in a long time as well.

Room Tip: Ask for room over harbour
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Jane967,
Thank you for your “brilliant” review . It is so nice to read that we met, or, if I may be so bold, perhaps even exceeded your expectations. You mentioned that you were a little low on bath towels and that you did not receive a dressing gown – that is unfortunate, as we certainly have a lovely supply of cuddly bathrobes that are supposed to be placed in each guest room. I wonder if we had some difficulties with our laundry supplier? There is the odd day in the summer time when all the hotels in Victoria are at capacity and our laundry suppliers have a difficult time keeping up with the demand? I apologize if this caused you any inconvenience. Please remember that you are welcomed to call down to the Front Desk at anytime should you require any amenities – no matter what and no matter the time.
Again, I am so pleased that you enjoyed our corner of the world and our little piece of paradise here in Victoria’s beautiful inner harbour.
Wishing you a lovely rest of your summer!

Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

I had a wonderful stay at the Inn at Laurel Point! On the plus side, the staff are very friendly and most helpful. The restaurant is expensive but provides excellent cuisine, fine service, and no doubt has one of the best patios in Victoria. I'd have to agree with other reviewers that the hotel rooms are nice but the bathrooms are getting a bit tired -- the sinks need replacing, as do other parts of the room. It's the little details like having clean windows to look out of and having a nice bathroom that makes this a "very good" four star hotel rather than an outstanding five star.

All that said, for my money, I love staying here and will be back. I feel that the value is excellent for the price. The location can't be beat, the rooms are clean and comfortable, and I love being walking distance to so many great downtown Victoria locales and oceanside vistas!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Judy E, Executive Assistant to the Managing Director at Inn at Laurel Point, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Dear WesternTravelGal,
Well! It sounds like you had a great stay and that makes all of us here at the Inn very happy! I am so pleased that you enjoyed the outstanding cuisine and ambiance of our waterfront dining room, AURA. Our prices are certainly in line with most major restaurants in the Victoria area and you can rest assured that every ingredient that goes into Chef Ito’s creations are fresh, fresh fresh…and yummy, yummy yummy (OK, not foodie talk but you get it,right?)
I am also thrilled that you agree that our rooms can’t be beat for both value and location. We do have several sinks to replace but please know that we have an ongoing Maintenance program and I can assure you that we are doing our very best to replace these items as we become aware of them whist doing our rounds!
Thanks for your lovely comments! Enjoy your summer!

~Judy~

Been to Inn at Laurel Point? Share your experiences!