“Clean and friendly hotel close to the water and Downtown Victoria” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Harbour Towers

You added Harbour Towers to your Saves list
Harbour Towers
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   345 Quebec Street, Victoria, British Columbia V8V 1W4, Canada   |
Ranked #23 of 58 Hotels in Victoria
GreenLeadersSilver level
Vancouver, Canada
“Clean and friendly hotel close to the water and Downtown Victoria”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

Victoria was sold out for the Canada week, Harbour Towers was the only choice however it worked out well. Excellent buffet breakfast is good value. Rooms could need updating but staff friendliness more than makes up for it.

• Stayed July 2013
Kay-gm, General Manager at Harbour Towers, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
I am very glad to read that you were able to find a room with us over the Canada Day long weekend! Great to know that you found our Breakfast Buffet to be of good value, as that is indeed how we have priced the selection of hot and cold items. My Team will also be thrilled when I share with them how you state that their friendliness impressed you.
best regards,
Kay Koot, general manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (257)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

We were there in May, and the rooms are quite spacious. It is a block away from the Victoria Clipper Ferry. The view from our room was really beautiful. The room was dated and had a bit of a musty smell. We were there for a conference so the staff did everything they could to make our stay comfortable and provided us with excellent suggestions on places to eat etc. No air conditioning but we had a nice breeze from our balcony, and the ceiling fan. which we preferred anyways.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thanks for taking the time to post your review and note all the positive feedback. I do apologize for the musty smell you mention and I hope that you notified our front desk about it, because it should not have been present. It really pleases me to read another guest comment regarding the service level provided by our staff, because that is indeed how we try to rise above the others.
Hoping your business brings you back to Victoria,
best regards,
Stockton, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

I booked this hotel on line. It is VERY CLOSE to the Victoria Clipper. The room was small but clean with a fantastic view of the harbour. It could be updated a bit, and I would have enjoyed a mini refrigerator, but I knew it did not have one when I booked the room. It did have a spacious balcony and wonderful overhead fan. The location is great. We walked downtown often and could see the Parliament Building from our balcony. Breakfast was perfect with a large selection of items (eggs, bacon, sausage, waffles, cereal, various juices, muffins, potatoes, etc.) The staff actually allowed me to go to the top floor and take some pictures. I don't know if they would do this for everyone, but I really appreciated it. They are most helpful and I would certainly stay there again. Very easy walk from the ferry!

Room Tip: The 7th floor will give you a view over the roof of the hotel in front of you. To get the best view...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
I'm really happy to read how much you appeciated so many of our features! The Victoria Clipper is certainly a key partner with the Harbour Towers, access being rather important, and our balcony-views are indeed impressive! Our Chef Dustin and his culinary team will appreciate your positive comment regarding our Breakfast Buffet offering. In addition, upon your return, I'm really pleased to advise that we have mini-fridges being installed into ALL of the remaining Standard and Superior guestrooms this month.
The team looks forward to saying welcome back!
Sooke, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Made reservation 5 months in advance for a two bedroom penthouse suite, only to have them email me to tell me it wasn't available because they didn't mark it down on the reservations. This was a plan for my husband's 50th birthday celebration on July 1st with family. Now we had to cancel all our plans for those days. The only thing they can offer is a room with two bed, and if we had to cancel a $50. gift certificate for dinner for his birthday... I don't think we will spend his birthday driving all the way into Victoria then drive back to Sooke. Yeah.. happy 50th from Harbour Towers. Needless to say I don't know how they got the TripAdvisor Excellence Award.

Room Tip: I would suggest another hotel.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Kay-gm, General Manager at Harbour Towers, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
I am so very sorry to read that you decided to cancel with us for your husband's 50th birthday celebration, coinciding with Canada's birthday! Although we actually do offer the greatest number of suites of any hotel in Victoria, the number of Penthouse Suites with 2 bedrooms is limited, in conjunction with the 1-bedroom suites - all on 2 levels accessible from the 12th floor. Indeed, it was human error that a specific room had not been pre-blocked in your reservation, but you were offered one of our other 2-bedroom suites with the Harbour View (just not Penthouse). I understand that you have greatly enjoyed staying in the 2-bedroom Penthouse Suite before, enjoying the fireworks and I do hope that although you were not able to do exactly the same thing again this year that you might reconsider and perhaps try again for another occasion.
sincerely,
Parksville, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

We just had a quick overnight stay, and were looking for the right price in the right location. Harbour Towers was it. The room was clean, the bed firm but comfortable. Access to fresh air from the balcony and ceiling fan was vital, as there was no air conditioning. The location in Victoria is close enough to walk to dining and nightlife, but far enough to be quiet. Staff at front desk & bar were friendly & considerate. I've seen reviews about dated decor, but really could not care less as long as things are clean & functional. This was just the ticket. We would stay here again.

Room Tip: View of the harbour is at least higher than the 6th floor.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your detailed review and overall statement of Great Value! That is exactly one of our descriptors and you mentioned many of the others as well - with those positive ones that are within our control being clean, comfortable and functional with friendly and considerate staff. Come again!
Elmira, Ontario, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

I didn't understand this but the elevators stunk and the hallway on the 10th floor always smelled like delicious food. The restaurant is on the first floor. The hotel is nice and our view of the harbor was great, but the rooms were not special. Large enough, but getting pretty dated without the "historic" feel. We did not like the housekeeping services. We didn't get replacement shampoo and conditioners or soap and we were there five days. The ice bucket was not emptied and it didn't smell very good. The exercise room is very well equipped, but the pool is small. All in all if you don't expect to spend a lot of time in the room but rather enjoying all that Victoria has to offer then this would be OK.

Room Tip: Try for the top floors for the view and always go for the harbor view.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Kay-gm, General Manager at Harbour Towers, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
Interesting! Thanks for sharing your comments in this review, for which I have some possible explanations: our Night Cleaning company does use a product to clean the elevator interior, which for a short time afterward does not have the most refreshing smell - so I do wonder wheher that timing might be the explanation? As for the 10th floor hallway smelling delicious, that would certainly be explained by one of your fellow guests doing some cooking in their kitchenette - as there are mostly 1-bedroom King Suites located on the 10th floor. I do apologize for the room attendant not replenishing your amenities - and I do wish you might have inquired about that while still staying with us, so that could have been remedied. Our Housekeeping Manager will do her best to follow up on your comments.
with thanks,
Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Although this is an older building, it's very well maintained, and from the upper floors (front), there are lovely views of the harbour, and to a lesser extent, the government buildings (which are all lit up at night!) The king suite with the kitchen was just what we needed, and having the sliding door/window opening to the fresh air was a bonus! Although we chose not to use the housekeeping service at all in the room, they were pleasant and helpful when we asked for a few extra towels, tissues, etc.
One downside: no room safe.

Room Tip: top floor, front, are probably the best views - but on the other hand, there seemed to be more noise...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Kay-gm, General Manager at Harbour Towers, responded to this review, June 15, 2013
Really glad to read how much you appreciated the view from your one-bedroom King Suite. I stayed in one myself for 2 months after arriving in Victoria and I had to prove to my friends how fabulous the view was by taking a photo showing the hotel windows and then the harbour! The sliding glass doors to the balcony and fresh air ... always wonderful!
thanks,
Kay Koot, general manager

Been to Harbour Towers? Share your experiences!