“Wonderful hotel with great location and views” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Harbour Towers

Save Saved
You added Harbour Towers to your Saves list
Harbour Towers
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   345 Quebec Street, Victoria, British Columbia V8V 1W4, Canada   |
Ranked #24 of 57 hotels in Victoria
Sequim, Washington
“Wonderful hotel with great location and views”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

We had a 2 bedroom suite on the 10 floor with great views. Bedding and beds were wonderful. The room had a kitchenette which was wonderful for breakfast and late night snacking. Almost everything within walking distance of down town. Great staff on duty. We will go back again and again. Shuttle available to take you if you aren't able to walk. This hotel made our vacation a perfect stay. Barb B

Room Tip: We stayed in 1001 corner room so had great views and the room was spacious and very comfortable.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
IanJones-GM, Manager at Harbour Towers, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Thank you very much for your feedback; we appreciate you taking the time to share your comments. I was thrilled to read you enjoyed your stay. I will be sure to pass along your kind words to our team.

We look forward to the opportunity of having you stay with us in the future.

612 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (207)
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

I found this hotel online, and selected it as it had one of the most reasonable rates I could find for a downtown Victoria hotel that was close to the harbour. From reading tips in other guests' posts on Tripadvisor to call ahead and request for a room with a harbour view, I did exactly that and was pleasantly surprised that my request was being complied with no additional charge. I had also requested for a mini fridge and a high floor in my online reservation, so we ended up getting a room with a pretty view of the harbour.

I had stated in my reservation that there was a special occasion for this trip (it was my husband's birthday), and we were pleasantly surprised to find balloons and a card waiting in the room when we arrived. As well, the hotel staff had sent up a lovely cheese/fruit/nut plate to our room free-of-charge.

The room was surprisingly large and was essentially a suite: it had a spacious living room area with a mini kitchen complete with a stove, utensils and glassware, a small dining table, as well as a balcony, and a separate bedroom with a king size bed. The living room couch had a pull-out bed, which is good for families or larger groups. There was a TV in the living room and another in the bedroom. I believe the building may have previously been apartment units, now converted to a hotel, which explains the configuration - definitely a positive thing if you're looking for something more spacious. The room had more of a service apartment feel rather than a typical hotel, which is a good thing for those who are looking more for a home away from home, i.e. one with all the amenities you need if you'd like to heat up those leftovers you want to have as a midnight snack, or do some simple cooking and eat in your room so you don't have to eat out all the time, and if you'd like a room with a larger space than what most hotels offer.

Our expectations were exceeded, and I would highly recommend Harbour Towers if you are looking for a hotel in Victoria with good value and excellent service in a great location.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the harbour and for a high floor - but call ahead of time to make your request...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Scott_Popovich_RM, Manager at Harbour Towers, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Thank you very much for your feedback; we appreciate you taking the time to share your comments. I am glad our team was able to exceed your expectations and helped to make your husband’s birthday a memorable one.

Thanks again for sharing, and we all wish you a wonderful fall and hope the leaves are beautiful in your neighbourhood.

Scott Popovich
Vancouver, BC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012 via mobile

We stayed in a deluxe 2 bedroom room on the top floor and it had a great view. The room and location were great the people at the hotel were friendly and provided good service. We enjoyed the pool and other amenities however, the designer of the hotel forgot about people with strollers or in wheelchairs. The front lobby has ten stairs to the elevator (yes there is a wheel chair lift but it is not as convienent as a ramp) and then on the top floor after the elevator there is another four steps to your room. When traveling with two young toddlers we have a lot of stuff and the luggage racks could not easily get to the car and then to the elevator or get to our room once off the elevator. It is a nice hotel that I would recommend to physically able people or families with older kids.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
IanJones-GM, General Manager at Harbour Towers, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback with TripAdvisor, your feedback is extremely important to me and I thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.

Your comments about the stairs in the lobby are very valid, and I am very pleased to share that we plan a full renovation the end of next year and then this will then, in essence create a brand new hotel, an exciting time indeed for our team.

I hope your visit wasn’t too disrupted by our dated rooms, our associates often make up for this with their service levels, we are lucky to have some terrific staff on our team.

I hope you have a nice weekend ahead.

Ridgefield, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

Harbour towers is in a great location and the view was amazing from the 12th floor! The service was good and we were given a room upgrade (it was our anniversary) and late check out no questions asked! The in-house restaurant wasn't great but all in all I'd stay there again!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your feedback; I appreciate you taking the time to share your comments. Thank you for you also for your comments about our F&B, although disappointing to read this, we will continue to work hard to improve the menu and the most importantly, the service delivery.

I hope you had a safe trip home and we hope to see you again.

High River, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

This was a great place to stay. I would go again and again. It was right off the harbor so we could walk to many restaurants and downtown.and the harbor. It was quiet and rooms comfy, beds great. I enjoyed the stay. The price was right too.

Room Tip: Try to get up high to see the harbor.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your feedback; I appreciate you taking the time to share your comments, as I have mentioned a few times now, our associates have all been working very hard this summer to make a big difference to our service delivery.

Thank you for you also for your wonderful comment about going “again and again and again”, our Associates thank you.

I hope you had a safe trip home and we hope to see you again.

Vancouver
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

I booked this hotel through Expedia and was very disappointed - When arriving from the garage with bags we assumed the hotel front desk would be on the main floor, after exiting the elevator we had about 8 large stairs to descend to reach the lobby with our suite cases. The staff told us just leave your suite cases and walk down, we were not comfortable leaving our bags unattended, also my 90 year old mother could not take the stairs. When I asked the front desk about this she said we have to summons a wheelchair lift which took about 3 min. to come and then we refused to enter this lift as it was like a steel box, the front desk clerk has to accompany you with your bags and it was no bigger than a 6 x 6 steel box. This is totally unacceptable for people with any kind of impairment to reach the front desk. Also the hotel is very dated and believe it or not NO AIR CONDITIONING JUST CEILING FANS. The doors to each room were very old wood and were really dirty at the bottom from old age.

Room Tip: We had a suite, with balcony - no screens, BEDROOM HAD ONLY A DOOR TO BALCONY WITH NO WAY OF LEAVING...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
IanJones-GM, General Manager at Harbour Towers, responded to this review, September 27, 2012

Your comments about the stairs in the lobby and the service lift are very valid, and I am very pleased to share that we plan a full renovation the end of next year and then this will then, in essence create a brand new hotel, an exciting time indeed for our team.

I hope your visit wasn’t too disrupted by our dated rooms, our associates often make up for this with their service levels, we are lucky to have some terrific staff who have stayed with us through the good times and bad.

I hope you have a nice weekend ahead.

Nanaimo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

The hotel is located close to inner harbour one street back from the Blackball Ferry terminal to stateside. The price is reasonable for location and rooms and the team was within walking distance of many restaurants including the Spaghetti Factory which can handle large groups with reservations.No continental breakfast but restaurant in the hotel has buffet breakfast if you are willing to pay a bit more. Desk service was excellent , limited parking across the street but pay parking at 15.00 per day is available underground.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you very much for your feedback; I appreciate you taking the time to share your comments. Our hotel teams have all been working very hard this summer to make a big difference to our service delivery, thank you for recognizing the Front Desk staff for their improved service levels, I will be sure to share this with the team.

Have a great autumn season.

Ian Jones

Been to Harbour Towers? Share your experiences!