“What a great find!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Embassy Inn

You added Embassy Inn to your Saves list
Embassy Inn
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   520 Menzies Street, Victoria, British Columbia V8V 2H4, Canada (James Bay)   |
Hotel deals
Special Deal
Free Hot Breakfast
Ranked #19 of 58 Hotels in Victoria
Perth, Australia
“What a great find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

Very pleasantly surprised by this hotel. Located about a block from the waterfront and just near the Parliament building. Easy walking distance to everything. We had booked a room with two queen beds for my son and myself. Hotel is in beautiful condition - I actually asked if it had been recently refurbished and was told 'no', although new beds and linen were installed earlier this year. Spotlessly clean, best shower, fridge in room and a wonderful cooked breakfast. We've stayed in 9 hotels in Canada in the last 12 days and this was by far the best for comfort, cleanliness, shower and breakfast.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
John J, General Manager at Embassy Inn, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Thank you for the recent review of your stay with us. I am happy you were pleased with our location. We are close to just about everything Victoria has to offer. I am pleased as well that you found your room clean, comfortable and functional. And yes, we do provide a free hot breakfast to all guests. We hope to be able to accommodate you again on a future trip to Victoria.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

We travelled to Victory for sight seeing and we stayed in the hotel for one day. The location is great. It's not water front but almost. The room is plain but I won't complain since it serves the purpose and the price is reasonable comparing with others. The front desk is friendly and helpful. We lost our voucher for the breakfast and they re-issued one for us very quickly. The included breakfast isn't bad at all. There are 2 choices, buffet or order your own. I couldn't order my own because they're very busy to serve a large group at that time.

In short, I recommend it.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
John J, General Manager at Embassy Inn, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Thank you for the review of your recent stay in Sunny Victoria. We are pleased you found the location and price met your expectations and am glad the staff looked after your needs. We look forward to your return trip.
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

We stayed here for the Victoria marathon and found it perfect for what we needed. Not only was it right at the start line but they had set up a "runners-table" with water bottles and maps and pace charts and running quotes. I realize most people will be staying here at other times of the year but I just really appreciated the extra touches that were added in. Regardless, it is in a perfect location for anyone wanting to stay downtown.

The beds were quite comfortable and the room was clean and quiet.

Breakfast is included and you can either choose the buffet (hot but basic) or order off the menu.

The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope your marathon was a PB, (Personal Best for those non runners out there). We enjoy looking after everyone who stays with us and if we can find something just a little more special such a free, all you can drink water for the runners attending the annual Victoria Marathon, we will do what we can. The additional maps and pace charts were well received. We look forward to your return visit for another road race!
White Rock, BC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Centrally located adjacent to the Legislature Building and one short block from the Harbour, this was an ideal location. The room was a good size and the free internet and breakfast each day were welcome value adds. The hotel was clean with staff who actually created their own favourite places to eat list which categorized by types of restaurants - this was very helpful. The staff were very responsive to requests for assistance and had a thorough knowledge of their town and how to get around. I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for the kind review. I will be sure to pass on your comments about the staff. We do have a great group of people that are eager to make sure guests enjoy their stay with us and in Victoria. We look forward to serving you again on a future trip to Victoria.
Sandy, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

I stayed here in June 2013. The hotel was fine and in a good location. Just a five or ten minute walk from the bus station and whale watching tours. The free breakfast was a very welcome bonus, although it would have been good to have one or two healthier options. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for the review of your recent stay with us. I will be sure to speak with our Chef about adding some additional healthy items to the free hot breakfast. And yes, we are located very close to everything Victoria has to offer. We look forward to serving you again.
Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

Suggest paying the extra ~$10 per day to stay in the Tower (newer) side. We stayed in the Harbourview side and although the room was very clean/neat/tidy there was an "old" smell in the room and some of the fixtures made it obvious as well that this was older. The bathroom and small kitchen were giveaways as well as they weren't as well maintained as the rest of the room. It certainly did the job but we went out of our way not to spend extra time in the room given that we just weren't comfortable there. TV reception was horrible -- the worst TV in any hotel we can recall. Location, free parking, and breakfast included in the price made it quite economical. I would stay in this hotel again only if I were on the newer side.

Room Tip: Book the tower rooms.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you to the writer for the review of your recent stay with us. I truly apologize for our shortcomings. The Embassy Inn has 2 buildings. The Tower, (3 diamond level) and the Harbour Wing, (2 diamond Level). Both are priced according to their respective amenities however, it does not excuse bad TV reception and other items. Please know that we will address these right away. We look forward to serving you again.
Ladysmith, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

I chose to book into the Embassy Inn because it was where my cousin was staying on his trip to B.C. Rather than dash down and back I decided to take it easy for a change. I was surprised at how reasonable the room rate was if booked online which I usually do anyhow. What really impressed me was how helpful the staff was at all times. They even opened up the lounge early so I could have a rum & coke. Rooms were plush and I loved the above ground parking which enabled me to do a visual check on my car occasionally. Thanks to all the staff for making me feel special.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
John J, General Manager at Embassy Inn, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Thanks to the writer for the review of our hotel. I will be sure to pass on your kind comments to all the staff. We have a great team here at the Embassy In that are committed to ensuring our guests enjoy their stay. We look forward to being of service again in the future.

Been to Embassy Inn? Share your experiences!