“Clean, friendly, convenient” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Rialto

Save Saved
You added Hotel Rialto to your Saves list
Hotel Rialto
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   653 Pandora Ave, Victoria, British Columbia V8W 1N8, Canada (Formerly Hotel Douglas)   |
Special Offer
Comp Cheese Plate!
Ranked #4 of 58 Hotels in Victoria
Brisbane, Australia
“Clean, friendly, convenient”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Our room was the smallest on the floor, but comfortable and exceptionally clean. Staff were warm, friendly and helpful. I wouldn't hesitate recommending people stay here. I need to fill out a 200 character minimum, so this sentence will hopefully fulfill that obligation... :)

Room Tip: Ask for a larger room--the smallest rooms on each floor are little, although they are still comforta...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
San Francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

My friends and I chose the Hotel Rialto through a Clipper Ferry package, and could NOT have been happier with our decision! The staff was knowledgeable and friendly throughout our stay. This includes the front desk, cafe, and adjoining restaurant. We used the downtown gym which was a convenient 5 minute walk (complimentary daily visits per guest) and had a GREAT yoga class! We received great restaurant recommendations and only waited 5 minutes (or less) for our taxis after calling from one of our rooms.

The rooms were clean, up-to-date (iron & board, bottle openers, temperature control in both the main room and bathroom), and had the BEST BEDS ever. One friend has a Tempur-Pedic at home and lamented that it wasn't as nice as her hotel bed! While we could not get adjoining rooms, the hotel staff did put all four of us on the top floor. Hot breakfasts in the cafe ended up being free of charge, as "Going Green" each day gave a $10 credit for a room. Breakfast drinks and pastries were complimentary, and the coffee was outstanding! We're spoiled in San Francisco and Seattle, coffee-wise, but all agreed that the black and espresso cups were delicious!

Victoria is a beautiful and relaxing city to stay in, and the Hotel Rialto only made our trip all the better. Highly recommended!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

The Hotel Rialto was a home-away-from-home for a week. Conveniently located, beautiful rooms, friendly and accommodating staff. I recommend you ask specifically about what your room contains. Each of our rooms (I was travelling with colleagues) was a little different, so if it's important to you to have a bath, you should say so. My room had a shower stall instead, beautiful big windows and a nice view. My colleague's room was bigger, with more amenities, but with an interior view. The restaurant downstairs, Veneto, was superb, and our stay included complimentary pastries and coffee from the breakfast cafe. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here.

Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

The hotel is a nicely located boutique hotel in downtown Victoria. Good access to public transit. If you are a light sleeper, you may wish to request an interior room however the outside ambient noise did not keep me awake.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, you may wish to request an interior room.
Fort Myers, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

I have never felt so welcomed by hotel staff. they were so courteous. the parking is 2 blocks away which was no problem for us...but is secure!. The hotel is very well located...we walked everywhere. our room was small but beautiful. It was perfect for us. we were on the side that was adjacent to a bar...if you are a light sleeper ask for a room away from the night club. the bar attached to the hotel was pretty pricey but upon check in you get a coupon for a nice cheese plate and free breakfast. wonderful choices of pastry and any coffee drink you would like. the price was awesome!!! stay there for sure !!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Durham, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

This is indeed a nice little boutique-y hotel (that regrettably self-promotes itself as "Boutique Hotel") with a European feel. Nice rooms and hallways. They must save money through slightly inconvenient efficiencies (e.g., I had to ask at the front desk for an iron and ironing board; now and then I was annoyed that there seemed to be no tissue box in the room; don't expect breakfast service at 6:30). I was afraid of street noise, especially when I saw earplugs supplied beside the clock radio; there was a bit of late-night exuberance and some early morning truck noise, but not a bother for me. The Pandora/Douglas location is fine in Victoria's compact and walkable downtown.

Overall, I was pleased that TripAdvisor steered me to this attractive and interesting hotel. Not perfect but a good choice.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

A great hotel in a convenient location for a fair price (although certainly not budget pricing, but still, a good value for this kind of place). I've stayed here twice now, once in the fall, this time early summer, and have been happy both stays (both were post-renovations). My room this time was comfortable and included a small kitchenette, which I didn't make use of. This is not the place to stay if you prefer a full-service hotel (gym, pool, sprawling rooms, etc), but if you like a place that: feels hip and looks refined (but without getting in your face with it's hipness ... Doyle hotels' offering in Dupont Circle, Washington DC? I'm looking at you!); has a cool bar/restaurant; a modest continental breakfast included and served in a bright, comfortable cafe section; and is staffed by professional, friendly staff? then I cannot recommend the Rialto enough. Of this genre of hotel (the small urban boutique inn), it's among the best I've stayed at in several cities, in Canada, the US, and abroad. It's an easy walk up to the harbour, and buses elsewhere (UVic, Schwartz Bay, airport) stop right out front.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Been to Hotel Rialto? Share your experiences!