“Totally recommend” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Rialto

You added Hotel Rialto to your Saves list
Hotel Rialto
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   653 Pandora Ave, Victoria, British Columbia V8W 1N8, Canada (Formerly Hotel Douglas)   |
Offers & Announcements
Go Green and be rewarded
Ranked #5 of 58 Hotels in Victoria
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Penticton, British Columbia, Canada
“Totally recommend”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

This was a wonderful place to stay . right in downtown Victoria. Room was a bit small but very clean and comfortable. Not noisy at all. Tapas Bar had excellent food and bartender was super entertaining. Staff were friendly and efficient. I would definitely recommend staying here and will stay again if I'm in the area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (236)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Surrey, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Stayed here for a romantic getaway. Room rates were excellent, service staff were very friendly and helpful. The little extras really made the trip memorable. Breakfast in the Veneto Cafe was awesome! The lobster and crab dip at the Veneto Tapa lounge was to die for! Soft bed, fluffy pillows and heated bathroom floor made us really comfortable. And to top it off we had a great view of the old city hall clock tower...and the festive lights in Centennial Square. I highly recommend this place and WILL be returning.

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

The Rialto Hotel in Victoria BC , a great place to saty, with friendly and helpful staff, excellent service great a breakfast area, and lovely rooms.It was convenient to all the areas that were of interest, and our we had a great time in the afternoon with our cocktails , produced to our individual tastes.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Vancouver Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

My Husband and I just got back from Rialto Hotel, Victoria, while we shopped and went out for dinner, Everything id first class, Its a boutique hotel in the centre of the city in the middle of all the action.
Just loved it, we will be returning every time we go to Victoria and will recomend it to everyone.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a Suite, You will not regret it.
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

My husband and I celebrated our fourth anniversary in Victoria and stayed at Hotel Rialto. The hotel was in a great location for our needs: walking distance to the Inner Harbour, Craigdarroch Castle, great restaurants and bars, and other sites.

Nice, modern, comfortable room. It was on the small side, but it did have a kitchenette, which was convenient. And our room was very reasonably priced (from Priceline) so the size seemed appropriate to the charges.

The cafe is a comfortable place for breakfast, and we found that the complimentary coffee and danish included with our room was a sufficient breakfast for us.

The TV in our room was at an odd angle, but we didn't go to Victoria to watch tele, so that wasn't that big of a deal :)

Very cheerful, courteous staff. Nicely renovated rooms and common areas. Everything is fresh and classic. We thought the bathroom in our room was especially nice.

We would definitely stay at The Rialto again! It's a beautiful hotel.

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I was greeted at reception by someone who asked how my journey had been. He noted that I'd requested a room on the top floor and at the back of the hotel (which I'd read on trip advisor would be quiet), and that they'd accommodated that request. And it was very quiet! He gave me tickets for continental breakfast in their cafe, which I had been expecting, but also a very nice surprise--a ticket for a complimentary cheese plate from their tapas lounge. The room was very spacious, clean and comfortable, with a nice kitchenette and work station. I noticed that if I declined maid service, I would be given a $10 credit to spend in the tapas lounge. So a glass of wine, as well as a generous plate of cheese, crackers, nuts and dried cranberries, was on the house. All this for $85. What really made the experience special was not so much the lovely facilities and great value, but the fact that every member of staff took a moment to exchange pleasantries, from the inquiry about my journey to Victoria to the guy quickly serving me my breakfast to go so I could catch my ferry who asked if I was heading home, and where that was, and wished me a safe trip. Sadly, this personal touch is all too rare today, and I, for one, really appreciated it. It just made me write my first review. They deserve me taking the time. Well done and thank you.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
West Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

We usually stay at another hotel in Victoria but so glad we tried Rialto. Everything was fantastic. Service, room, the cafe, the location & Veneto tapas lounge. The staff were so friendly & went out of their way to offer assistance. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012

Been to Hotel Rialto? Share your experiences!