“Great place to stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Coast Victoria Harbourside Hotel & Marina

Save Saved
You added Coast Victoria Harbourside Hotel & Marina to your Saves list
Coast Victoria Harbourside Hotel & Marina
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   146 Kingston Street, Victoria, British Columbia V8V 1V4, Canada   |
Ranked #16 of 57 hotels in Victoria
Boise, Idaho
“Great place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 4 nights in October 2012. Accommodations were very clean and comfortable. We stayed for our anniversary and we came back from a bust day and there was a plate of beautiful delicious chocolate dipped strawberries in the room. The staff was friendly and accommodating to our requests. We had come back from dinner one evening and realized we had left both our cameras someplace. The concierge was kind enough to drive us back to the restaurant. When it wasn't there he insisted we check where we had coffee although it was closed. We looked in the window sure enough there it was on the shelf. Saved me from worrying that we would never find it again. We had a harbor view which was beautiful with the balcony.

Room Tip: The harbor view with a balcony was wonderful. The lights at night and the view in the day was beaut...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

469 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
  • Korean first
Jenick44
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Went for a weekend getaway with my husband and wow what a great place this is. We've stayed at the Empress and the Marriot and this hotel is equally as nice if you are looking for a basic room.
Pros:
Located in the James Bay area (oldest neighbourhood in Victoria)
Property is fairly new so the rooms feel updated compared to the Empress
Hotel is right on the water, sea wall walk is nice
Walking Distance to downtown (shuttle until 11pm if you don't feel like walking)
Walking distance to Beacon Hill Park, shops
Balcony
Dog friendly $20/night
Comfy bed
Clean, basic room
Beautiful restaurant
Fridge in room
Neat indoor/outdoor pool

Cons:
A bit far from downtown - give yourself 25 minutes to walk

Stay here if you are looking for a clean, basic hotel with all the amenities. A great place for families and puppies!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Nanaimo, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

I stay at this hotel about once a year - always with my children. It never disapoints. The rooms are smallish but adequate and very clean and nicely decorated. The pool is great - it's an indoor/outdoor that my kids love - and a good size. I don't eat in the restaurant with my kids because it's expensive for a large family but there are many family oriented restaurants in easy walking distance. The town is also easy to walk to and since the hotel is on the waterfront you can take long and wonderful walks watching the water and wearing out the kids! I highly recommend this hotel for everyone.

Room Tip: The vies are great from every room but water views are unparalleled.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Victoria, BC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

We tried their "Valentine's Special" course menu at Blue Crab and must say - it was one of THE BEST dinner that we ever had! It's been a while since we visited the restaurant and heard they renewed the menu, so decided to try them out. The quality of the food was excellent... everything was cooked just right. Not only that, the presentation of each plate was so nicely done. and there were so much food!! We loved the steak which was super tender and lobster tail, and of course the dessert! We got to try 4 different kinds of dessert which were all delicious. We ate them all even though we were already full from main course. The service was great, and our server, Mike recommended a great wine to go with our dinner. Every single staff was nice and friendly, even though the restaurant was quite busy. We will definitely come back to try their regular menu for sure.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Whitehorse, Yukon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

I stayed in the Coast Victoria Harbourside overnight after attending a lecture at the University of Victoria. As my wife had originally been scheduled to join me, I had booked a Superior room with a king bed and kept the room even though my wife was ill. The staff were helpful and friendly, the room was excellent, the bed was all I could have asked for and the coupons I got with the room more than paid for my breakfast which I had in the Blue Crab Room at a table overlooking the Inner Harbour. My only niggle was the parking charge.

Room Tip: Rooms on higher floors have a better view.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

My wife & I stayed here for 4 nights over New Year's. We were very pleased with the rooms and the hotel. The staff was very helpful and friendly. The room & bathroom were both very spacious and clean. The decor in the rooms was a bit boring.

My only complaint about this hotel is surrounding the parking and pet fees. Upon checkout, I was given a bill for $143 to cover pet and parking for 4 nights.

The parking fee was $12/day. While this may not sound like much, it becomes immediately evident that there is street parking everywhere surrounding the hotel, and on weekends, it is free. Unfortunately, we arrived late Friday evening & did not discover until the next morning that the virtually unlimited street parking was in fact free. I would recommend for the sake of fairness at minimum a reduced parking rate on weekends.

I also found the $20/day pet fee to be excessive. Most midrange hotels that I have stayed at or looked at charge a flat pet rate of $50 or so (some even $25). This makes far more sense than charging a daily fee. The hotel only cleans the room once after the pet leaves, regardless of how many nights the pet stays, so I fail to see the need for a "per day" pet charge. If the hotel for some reason disagrees and feels that a "per day" pet charge is necessary, at least providing a maximum pet charge would seem more logical and fair.

We were quite pleased with the rooms and would certainly stay here again if traveling without a car or a pet. However, if returning to Victoria again with our dog and auto, we will most likely look for another hotel in which we will not have to pay $143 in pet and parking fees upon checkout.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
San Antonio, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Great value for money with very helpful,friendly staff. There is a shuttle available to take you to town if you dont want to make the ten minute walk. The view from the room was fantastic and there was a real balcony to step out onto to see the water. There is also a beautiful view from the restaraunt and bar.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Coast Victoria Harbourside Hotel & Marina? Share your experiences!