“Close to everything” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Chateau Victoria Hotel and Suites

You added Chateau Victoria Hotel and Suites to your Saves list
Chateau Victoria Hotel and Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   740 Burdett Ave | BC, Victoria, British Columbia V8W 1B2, Canada   |
Ranked #16 of 58 Hotels in Victoria
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Close to everything”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

We stayed here as part of a tour. Very nice room, bathroom a decent size. I would have liked a few "grab bars" around the tub, those are always handy even if you don't have mobility issues. Bed was comfortable. Wifi was excellent, didn't require logging in every time you left the property and came back. In room coffee was only average. When I come back again, I'll definitely bring my own!
My worst quibble is that the bathroom is so far away from the bedroom, not handy for when you get up in the night!
But all in all, a great place to stay, within walking distance of a lot of attractions and shops.

Room Tip: try for a room facing the harbor for a nice sunset view.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
mpaul1202, Director of Sales at Chateau Victoria Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Thank you for the review. Grab bars are certainly an idea when we tackle the suite upgrades so will keep that in mind. I can't do much about the distance of the bathroom from the bedroom. Interesting about your note on coffee. It is a premium local coffee roaster and generally gets rave reviews. Perhaps it was a bad batch but we will monitor comments. thanks again and we sure hope you visit again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (220)
  • Korean first
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

I stayed at the Chateau Victoria this past weekend with 5 members of my family (girls weekend!) and we had the most amazing time! We were also celebrating two big birthdays (50 and 70) and the hotel went out of their way to make it special. The birthday girls received a bundle of chocolate when we checked in and we were upgraded to nicer rooms on a higher floor! We had two rooms and they made sure they were right next to each other which was so appreciated. The shuttle drivers were awesome as well! Thanks Braden and Keith!! They were prompt and super friendly. We were picked up from the Clipper terminal when we arrived on the ferry Saturday morning, taken to Fisherman's Wharf on Sunday morning for our whale watching adventure and then when Keith picked us up from the Wharf afterwards we were talking about where might be a good place to go for lunch and he not only offered suggestions, but drove us there too! Also, we were going to Butchart Gardens on Saturday and there was going to be a concert and fireworks show on the grass. After speaking with a hotel manager (Debra Jackson), she arranged with housekeeping to have blankets available for us to take. The level of customer service we received far exceeded our expectations and I know where I'll be staying anytime I'm in Victoria! A huge thanks to the Chateau Victoria staff for making our weekend an absolutely wonderful experience.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
What a great story. I am so glad the hotel and the city stepped up to make your celebrations special. I hope you come back for the next big celebration.
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

We stayed for one night and really enjoyed the location of this hotel. The room was clean and well kept. We all enjoyed to pool & hot tub, which were nicely maintained. A couple notes; first, no fault of the hotel...we were facing a parking lot and it got VERY loud after "last call" time at the local bars. The hooting, hollering & screeching going on was very disturbing to a good night's sleep. Second, our queen bed was very uncomfortable; very hard, flat (felt like plywood!) and dipped down in the middle. Finally, now I know this may seem nit-picky, BUT I feel I have to mention it....in the morning two of the housekeeping staff decided to have a loud gossip session in the hall outside our room and the doors aren't that thick. Standing in the bathroom I could hear them loud & clear! It was before 9am, and although I enjoy a good gab with my friends too, there is definitely a "time & place" for such conversations. These things aside, it's a nice property in a fantastic location. You can walk anywhere downtown and it is a pleasant, safe area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback. I have had a good chat with our housekeepers and I make a point to walk up to the second floor before 9am to check on them.
Timbuktu, Mali
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

I researched hotels in Victoria and this one had the best reviews on Trip Advisor. Though a traditional hotel room with 2 queen beds, the price was very good for such a popular tourist destination. The beds were firm, the bathroom vanity was sized well, and the location was perfect. This floor of the hotel had been recently updated and was very pretty. The room had a portable floor air conditioner, which I thought was fine because though nights are cool in Victoria, getting airflow through the windows that will open didn't work so well. No breakfast was included, which we knew in advance, so we stocked our small fridge with some breakfast items.

The staff was very courteous and helpful. They had a pad of city maps they would write on as I asked questions about particular attractions. They tore off this map for me and underneath was a clean map for the next person!

Our parking was free because we had booked directly through the hotel (actually it was through AAA), instead of through a service like Expedia or Travelocity. This was very interesting and so from now on, I will always book directly through the hotel in case this saves me money.

I highly recommend Chateau Victoria.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
mpaul1202, Director of Sales at Chateau Victoria Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Dear PadmajaLoo,
We just love to see a perfect score on these reviews so thank you so much for that. I suspect you are the guest in 415 that Marion Ann Berry was chatting with and am so happy you decided to tell the world. We are all as happy to work here and serve as you were to receive our service. I guess that's the magic we strive for. We certainly hope you can return one day to enjoy our city and our hotel.
Sugar Land, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

The lobby and restaurants of this hotel are modern looking. The rooms appear to be older, but refurbished. The beds were nice and the rooms were clean. An additional mirror with good lighting would have been a plus, but it was a pleasant stay. We ate in several restaurants, but the hotel restaurants were the best food of the trip. Vista 18 on the top floor had especially good breakfasts. The shuttles from the hotel to the pier were very prompt and the drivers especially nice, as was the staff at the hotel.

Room Tip: We selected a traditional room. Those are on floors 2-4. Perhaps the upper rooms are more modern a...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comments Jeannie W. Our Vista 18 crew will be happy to hear about your experience so will share at our am meeting today.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is in a fabulous location. The front desk staff are sooooo friendly and helpful. Our room was clean and comfortable and updated. The free parking is a huge perk. I also got a cheaper rate by calling the hotel directly. We will definately stay here again. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013
mpaul1202, General Manager at Chateau Victoria Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Great comments Kylesmama, Thank you. The free parking is a extra incentive to book directly with us so thank you for helping us by booking direct.
Auburn, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

We really enjoyed the room and the location of this hotel. Very comfortable bed and pillows, really good coffee, and free wi-fi. The front desk staff are helpful and polite. The housekeeping staff are also very nice; however, they begin their room cleaning at some ungodly early hour and by 8 am are happy to be very loud in front of doors with Do Not Disturb signs out, slamming doors and speaking to each other quite loudly. So much for not being disturbed...Our visit included being out at the Theater at night, so it was important to be able to rest in the mornings. All in all though, very nice place to stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review Lori H, I am glad you enjoyed your stay and my apologies for noise outside your door early in the morning. I will share this with our housekeepers this morning so not to wake others. We look forward to your return.

Been to Chateau Victoria Hotel and Suites? Share your experiences!