“Wonderful 4 day stay in Victoria” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Chateau Victoria Hotel and Suites

Save Saved
You added Chateau Victoria Hotel and Suites to your Saves list
Chateau Victoria Hotel and Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   740 Burdett Ave, Victoria, British Columbia V8W 1B2, Canada   |
Ranked #14 of 57 hotels in Victoria
Berkeley, California
“Wonderful 4 day stay in Victoria”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Our first trip to Victoria and Chateau Victoria was the perfect location. We loved being able to walk everywhere--all along the beautiful and interesting harbor and to various city neighborhoods and parks. The staff were so friendly and accommodating, going out of their way with directions, advice and umbrellas. We had breakfast each day in the top floor restaurant with its beautiful views and delicious offerings. Our suite with complete kitchen allowed us to prepare picnic lunches and eat in if we wanted to. An added bonus was free parking for our car. We would definitely stay there another time.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
mpaul1202, Director of Sales at Chateau Victoria Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Thank you for the wonderful review kassschwin2002. I wonder what is behind your special name. Victoria is kind of special to first timers and I hope you do make the effort to return. I am so happy to hear we help make your first visit memorable and I am sure we can do it again should you return. I'll be sure to pass on your kind comments to my colleagues.

593 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
Courtenay, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stayed in a suite on 2 different occasions for medical reasons in May 2013. The place was very clean, in a great location (downtown Victoria), close to parks, shops and the inner harbour. It was very quiet, room service was very accommodating and made me a special dinner on one occasion. Our car did not get broken into, so parking was very secure. The furniture was clean, comfortable and in good repair. The hotel restaurant was excellent. We will stay there again.

Room Tip: We made our reservation over the internet.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
mpaul1202, Director of Sales at Chateau Victoria Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Thank you for your review mailing1.
It sounds like security is key for you and I am glad you felt safe with us. We do focus a great deal of attention on cameras and security measures in public areas and I am happy to say that incidents are rare. When you are here for a medical matter, you should only have to focus on getting well. I hope everything worked out for you.
Victoria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

I live in Victoria and rented a suite at this fine establishment for my sister's Bachelorette party. From the moment my reservation was taken over the phone to the moment I checked out, the staff were friendly, knowledgeable, and accommodating. On the day of the event, they were able to accommodate a super early check in for me as I had a lot of supplies to drop off and decorating to do. In the elevator up, I met the Executive Chef of Vista 18 who was friendly and polite and wished us a nice stay. Once we got to the room, it was MAGNIFICENT! The room was everything I had hoped it would be. We had 2 clean spacious bedrooms, a clean organized kitchen with all of the dishes and silverware I could need (since I forgot mine), and a spectacularly HUGE patio with views of the straight and a bit of the inner harbour. We were blown away. On the way down the elevator after decorating, we met a friendly maintenance man who also inquired about our stay and wished us a good evening. The party went amazing! We fit 15 women into this suite with room to spare and, despite all of the laughing and games, did not once receive a noise complaint! My only assumption is that the rooms are insulated so well you cannot hear your neighbours! The next morning they were more than able to accomodate a late checkout for us, even though we didn't require it, and allowed us to park for free in their lot while we went for a late brunch. Having this suite made my sister's party memorable and I will never forget the service we received. Next time I need to rent a room in Victoria, I'm definitely coming here first! Cheers to all the staff!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for the great review LindzSully.
We are glad the celebration was a great success and that others were not negatively affected from the party. The big Executive Suites have a little more space and are more forgiving for events like this. I hope you keep us in mind for those occasional retreats from everyday life too. All the best for a long and happy marriage.
Tampere, Finland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

Of the 3 star hotels I've stayed at, this is one of the best. Service was really good, reception staff was very friendly and helpful. Rooms were clean, and though noticeably not new, they were well maintained. I spent some time at the gym, which is small but has some cardio equipment and dumbbells so one can get a decent workout. We stayed with our 9 month old in a junior suite, which was perfect since it has a small kitchen and a separate living room.

Location is really good since the harbor area is only 2 blocks away.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you Retski for taking the time to review our hotel.
We are so happy you enjoyed your stay. It seems families are drawn to us because of the location and size of our suites but return for the service. I sure hope you keep us on your list when you return to Victoria.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

Spent one night only at this hotel, it was clean throughout and the pool was of high quality.
We found the staff very helpful and nothing was too much trouble for them.
The restaurant on the top floor was outstanding with fantastic views over the city and the of course the food was also of a very high standard. We have stayed in many hotels on our trip over the past two weeks and this was one of the best.
Brian Harrod

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review Mr. Harrod,
We just love it when we are rewarded with 5 stars and especially when we can stand out as the best on your journey. We hope can return to Victoria soon.
bathurst
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

Stayed 3 nights, staff, restaurant,suite everything was just excellent. Never been o/s before and our first stop has impressed us. Close to downtown shopping, museums, Parliament House etc. nothing is too much of a problem for the staff. If we come to Victoria again this is where we will stay

Room Tip: Upgrade to a suite on 15th floor for views over looking the water
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review rechargedbat
I'm glad you enjoyed your Victoria getaway and that our staff help contribute to your enjoyment. Please keep us in mind when you return.
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

This hotel is basically a three star, but might be considered three and a half on some scales. Definitely enjoyed my stay here, although it was only for one night. We upgraded to a suite on arrival (it was really not much extra)— I would say it was better than your average Holiday Inn Express or similar. The room was comfortable and spacious; I found the beds were particularly comfortable and the room had two televisions. Air conditioning was provided by a standalone unit, which was a welcome addition to the room. The location of the hotel could not be any better. It is within a 5 minute walk of almost everything in downtown Victoria.

The room was a little strange. It gave me the odd feeling that it had been an apartment or something before. Portions of the hotel have been renovated more recently than others, so the entire building suffers from a little bit of inconsistency in the decor. Nevertheless, if 3.5 stars is sufficient for you and you get a good rate here I would definitely recommend booking it. I'd just say there isn't much of a reason to stay at this hotel versus another one in the same class.

Apparently you can get free parking if you book through their website, so take that into consideration. Otherwise it's pricey. You can park in a city-owned parking garage one street over for about 65% of the cost the hotel charges, for what it's worth.

Room Tip: The hotel is tall. As always, higher floors have better views.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for the review James B.
You are correct in thinking the building has a feel of an apartment to it. It was always a hotel but early plans were to have both hotel and apartment incorporated into one building. The suites are bigger as a result and many like the space over a regular hotel room. We have been doing extensive upgrades to rooms and public space in the winter months so you are correct in observing that some the hotel is newer than other parts. I am glad to see you enjoyed our location and overall value.

Been to Chateau Victoria Hotel and Suites? Share your experiences!