“Quiet, Clean, Close to Everything” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Chateau Victoria Hotel and Suites

Save Saved
You added Chateau Victoria Hotel and Suites to your Saves list
Chateau Victoria Hotel and Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   740 Burdett Ave, Victoria, British Columbia V8W 1B2, Canada   |
Ranked #15 of 57 hotels in Victoria
Seattle
“Quiet, Clean, Close to Everything”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

The staff was outstanding - everyone was helpful, courteous and cheerful. Our room was small but clean, and the bed was outstanding. Overall good experience. If you care about the view, be sure to mention you do when checking in. Our view of a parking lot did nothing to enhance our stay.

Room Tip: Request a view of the city.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
mpaul1202, Director of Sales at Chateau Victoria Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Thank you weekendtraveler56, we are very proud of the staff here as they consistently deliver it seems. You were in a traditional room which is brand new this year but I do want to point out that they are on the first 3 floors of the hotel. If view and space are big on your list, be sure to consider the suites. Our one bedrooms go to the 15th floor and the two bedrooms are on the 16th and 17th. The higher up, the better the view. The best view is Vista 18 which is open to all breakfast, lunch and dinner.

604 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
Vancouver, BC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

I recently stayed at the Chateau Victoria while in town for business for 2 nights.
I was quite impressed by the size of the suite. The floor plan was laid out well and having a real kettle was a treat. No dripping water through the coffee maker to make tea :)

The room was super clean and, after walking around in white socks, I noticed that the carpets were clean too.
The duvet on the bed was fresh - it still had the fold creases in it.
Lots of pillows and extra blankets if needed.
An air-conditioning unit and windows that open!
The balcony was large enough for a few people to stand outside and enjoy the view
Awesome water pressure in the shower

But, what really stood out was the service from the staff. While checking in, I asked how close the local yarn shop was. I had heard it was less than a kilometre, but I wanted to make sure. They offered to drive me there, wait while I shopped, and drive me back. I declined, since it was a beautiful day for a walk, but realized that if I needed a ride home, all I had to do was call.
The next morning, after meeting my colleagues in the lobby, we had decided that we would call a taxi to take us to the office. Again, the offer of a ride was made, and this time accepted.

I returned to my room at the end of the day to find it neat and tidy; someone had even washed the dishes for me!

The room has a safe - great for travelling with the work laptop - and, my favourite part, Deserving Thyme bath amenities.
Although the hotel is non-smoking, they sent up an ashtray so I could smoke on the balcony instead of wandering down to the front of the hotel in my pyjamas.

All in all - it was an enjoyable trip

Room Tip: Junior Suite has a microwave and small fridge. Suite has a full-size fridge and stove, and microwav...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Autumn_moon_88, thank you so much for the detailed review. I loved the white sock test for cleanliness. You are right about the suites. for the price of a regular room in downtown Victoria, these suites are the best deal for those who have discovered them. Not everyone needs that much space but for those that do, they are a big plus.
Courtenay, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

I found the staff courteous, competent and efficient, my room was comfortable and clean. I slept like a baby - wonderful beds! I meant to take advantage of the lounge and restaurant, only an invitation I couldn't turn down elsewhere stopped me. I have dined there before, and was looking forward to a return visit.

Room Tip: I have stayed here before on business trips - loved the room I had directly below the restaurant...a...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you Andrea F, a good nights sleep is at the heart of any hotel offering and sometimes we can forget that as an industry. I am glad to see we are delivering on that promise. You have to come back to visit our bar and restaurant next time.
Mayne Island, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

3-4 times a year I stay at Chateau Victoria while meeting with friends and going to the opera. I am usually alone, so need to feel safe and comfortable. The staff at Chateau Victoria are just plain wonderful - I always feel very comfortable and at ease when arriving and departing. My stays with them have always been very pleasant and relaxing.

They also have a fabulous restaurant Vista 18 - our group often dine there before the opera - the food is always fabulous; and again, the staff are all just plain excellent at doing a great job. The views from the 18th floor (restaurant is on top, views all around) are just plain breathtaking of Victoria, Victoria harbor and surrounding ocean.

Room Tip: Never stayed in a "bad roonm". The hotel always offer an opera rate, so I just go with w...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Thank you Ann H, It is great to see you support our Opera and make the effort to come and see them. We have supported the arts for decades but they need more loyal fans like you to keep it healthy so thank for making the effort and for using our hotel.
Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

We stayed here for the first time for the world curling that was taking place at save on foods. The people at the front desk are so very helpful and friendly as they are in the lounge and the restaurant ( which has a excellent view of the harbour and the city ). The shuttle drivers are more than willing to take you anywhere you may need to go , or you can walk to the inner harbour and many restaurants. Shopping is close by so there was no need for a car. We had a junior suite which was spacious and clean, i would like to suggest they put a bigger coffee pot in the kitchen. They have a small 3 cup pot and for 3 or 4 people its a bit small. Thanks Chateau Victoria for a great stay!!!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thanks for the review mayansunlounger, Love the name. We can spend a bunch of money on our hotel but without a great service attitude, we wouldn't rate such wonderful praise. The bell guys and everyone at the hotel thank you for these great comments
victoria b.c.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

I stay here at least a dozen times a year. Sometimes for business, sometimes for pleasure and sometimes for romantic getaways.
The recent and ongoing renovations certainly are putting a new shine and lustre on the main entrances , rooms, suites and common areas.
The staff are helpful , professional, courteous and when needed sarcastic and funny.
Clives lounge offers an eclectic mix of beverages and cocktails that will leave feeling like you've visited a lounge in a little nook or cranny of this planet. Cocktails from yesteryear. Exquisite in presentation and execution.
For a finer dining experience the rooftop vista 18 will tantalize your taste buds whilst stealing your breath with views.

A part of Victorian history and future.

• Stayed April 2013
mpaul1202, Director of Sales at Chateau Victoria Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Thank you Jothebartender for the great review. That is written so well you could work in marketing.
Lynden, WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

My wife and I spent two nights at the Chateau Victoria for her 30th birthday and had a great experience.

Check in was quick! I asked about getting a room with a view, as was suggested by other reviews I read, and they were happy to upgrade me from the 4th floor to the 12th floor. Our room was right by the elevators, but we didn't hear them at all. We had a nice view of the Olympic Mountain Range and a part of the Parliament Building, but not the inner harbour. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. There was also place settings for two, so we were able to eat our leftovers in the room from when we went out. (Great breakfast at the Blue Fox!)

The shower had great water pressure and was nice and hot, but our tub did have a draining issue. I called the front desk and they sent up maintenance within 5 minutes to clean the clog out. Great service!

The pool and hot tub area were very clean. It was nice to soak in the hot tub after a long walk around the marina.

We did not make it to the first floor lounge, but we did go to Vista 18 for martini's one night. The view and food was good.

The free parking was nice and the hotel location was great as we could walk to most places we wanted to go.

All in all I would definately go back for another stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room upgrade if available.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Happy belated birthday Robbied. Thanks for the great write up and for highlighting our cleanliness. Its a big deal these days and our housekeepers take it very seriously. Glad you experienced some of the wonderful restaurants in our area. Please come back and give Vista 18 a try, especially for breakfast.

Been to Chateau Victoria Hotel and Suites? Share your experiences!