“Great family vacation” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Chateau Victoria Hotel and Suites

You added Chateau Victoria Hotel and Suites to your Saves list
Chateau Victoria Hotel and Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   740 Burdett Ave | BC, Victoria, British Columbia V8W 1B2, Canada   |
Ranked #16 of 58 Hotels in Victoria
Certificate of Excellence 2014
mukilteo
“Great family vacation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Fantastic location. Perfectly puffy pillows and a really great bed. Suites spacious and clean. All round great place to stay. Suites are large. Great bar and restaurant on the 19 th floor clipper ferry great way to get here from seattle

Room Tip: One bed suite with two queens. Each room has its own bed
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
mpaul1202, Director of Sales at Chateau Victoria Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Thank you for the review Jalado. It is so important for those family vacations to be memorable and I am glad our city and our hotel lived up to your expectations. Please come back and visit us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (220)
  • Korean first
Renton, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Chateau Victoria for only one night, but what could have turned into a big disappointment was saved by Stephen at the Front Desk and the fabulous F&B staff.

My husband and I had booked through Clipper Vacations and specifically came up to see the Butchart Gardens Christmas Lights for a late anniversary trip. Since I'm not familiar with the hotels in Victoria, I read reviews and many had mentioned the amazing Eggs Benedict at the Saturday and Sunday brunch in Vista 18. Frankly, since we were only staying one night, that sealed the deal! My husband and I were looking for ward to sleeping in late and brunch sounded perfect.

When we checked in, we were reminded to check out brunch the next morning and I mentioned hearing good things about it. So imagine my disappointment when we returned from the Gardens that night to see signs about the special Santa Breakfast event in Vista 18 Saturday! Stephen said they would still be serving a "simplified" breakfast menu in the lounge, but he confirmed that it would not include Eggs Benedict. Stephen noticed my face fell and tried to give me vouchers for a free breakfast the next morning, but I told him we would probably go back to the place we visited Friday morning.

About 30 minutes later, Stephen called up to our room. He had spoken to (I assume) the restaurant manager, and they wanted to deliver anything from the brunch menu to our room the next morning, at whatever time we specified, free of charge. WOW. That's not just a customer service save, that's AMAZING service. We were able to sleep in, enjoy our different Eggs Benedicts (I loved the crab, my husband enjoyed the steak) as well as share a peanut butter and banana waffle, and everything was wonderful!

I am not just a fan of the hotel now, I'm a raving fan.

As for everything else, the room was clean, super comfortable (my husband joked that we had a sleeping bed and a napping bed!), with a great sitting area, wet bar, and table. The shower had wonderful pressure. Although they are a couple of blocks away from the harbor, I would not hesitate to book here again. I stayed on the harbor once before and the noise can be a bit much.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
mpaul1202, Director of Sales at Chateau Victoria Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, December 24, 2012
Wow!, What a wonderful review Kellybid. Stephen is just beaming with pride over your praise of his efforts. Its comments like yours that guide us in the right direction. Trust and empowerment go hand in hand in running any great company. I have worked for big chains who preach this from corporate office but this little locally owned independent hotel seems to live it and everyone knows they play a big part in making it work. The hotel has one fantastic owner but each of us feel we own our our job satisfaction here and are empowered to make them count. I'm so glad to see it comes across with the experience we deliver.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Chateau Victoria one night. We won a one night stay and travel on the Victoria Clipper from a local Seattle radio station. Our trip getting there was awful, with a cancelled sailing of the Clipper and a five hour delay via traveling on a motor coach through Blaine and more sailing delays at the Tswassen ferry. Tired, hungry and frustrated, walking into this hotel and being greater by very friendly faces helped ease our travel woes. Bryce at the front desk was vey kind and helpful, getting us checked in quickly. He helped us with arrangements for a Butchart Gardens tour at the last minute and arranged for our bag to be brought up to our room so we could make the tour. Service with a smile is very comforting to tired travelers. The room was large and more than we expected, with a separate room with a couch, desk and extra television. Beds were very comfortable. The green tea bath products were lovely, with a spa-like quality and scent. We tried their pool, and had a difficult time opening the door. A nice employee, Brayden, helped us with the key with a smile. Pool was awesome! Overall, we wish we could have stayed longer to enjoy more of the hotel, but with our free Clipper tickets due to the travel delays we encountered, we will definitely choose Chateau Victoria when we come back during some better weather. Thank you for making a terrible traveling experience worth it!

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your kind review Titlegal. I guess we were the calm port in a storm this trip. I am so happy we could turn things around for you. The Clipper is the best way to travel from Seattle to Victoria when the weather is nice but it can be rough on windy days in the winter. Clipper is always good at making alternate arrangements but it can lead to extra time and frustration to get here. I am glad we could melt that frustration away. I have passed on your comments to Bryce and Brayden and they were happy to get the acknowledgement. We look forward to your return in the spring or summer. Victoria just sparkles when the sun shines.
Van Isle, BC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

The Château V is my favourite place to stay when in Victoria on business or for pleasure. The staff are amazing and friendly - they'll know you by name once you stay a few times. While other hotels seem sterile and bland, the CV has a homey quality about it. I usually stay in a one-bedroom suite and the rooms are huge. The beds are comfy and there is a TV in the bedroom and the living room. I enjoy the 2 for 1 tapas at the Vista 18 ... you can't beat the view from there either. CV is my #1 recommended hotel for those visiting Victoria.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms that face the parking lot opposite Sticky Wicket Pub ... it can be noisy when the pub cl...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
mpaul1202, Director of Sales at Chateau Victoria Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Thank you for the wonderful review Rabgal. We try hard to keep that friendly, homey feel and it is always nice to share comments like yours with the rest of the staff. I think it keeps us on track with what is really important about running a hotel.
Courtenay
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

My friend and I got a winter deal we could not pass up cause we would never to be able to afford it otherwise. We were able to spend 2 nights in the beautiful penthouse room 1601. The balcony was the width of the hotel, I think because it was so huge!! The view was wonderful because we could see it from so many different angles. The front end staff were wonderful and friendly! Had room service and the food was excellant especially the fish and chips. The batter was so crispy! All in all a wonderful experience!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
mpaul1202, Director of Sales at Chateau Victoria Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
That balcony is apparently the largest hotel balcony in town. The winds can be rather brisk this time of year up there but the view is always amazing. I'm glad you could take advantage of it. I will pass on your comments about the fish and chips to our chef. Garrett Schack, our Chef has some of his seafood recipes on YUM tv which is aired on CHEK TV, Monday nights at 8pm. You can also check out parts of the show in Vista18.com
Langley City, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

I was upgraded from my stranded room to a suite just because I stayed there before. It was in down town but wasn`t busy at night. I enjoyed myself the suite was great.
The internet connection was my only problem it took me a problem to get it but I think that was more my laptop`s problem.
The pool was NOT busy and was a little too deep but nice. The hot tub was great. The service was amazing and I loved it. The restaurant was at the top floor but was great also.
I will recommend this place next time I stay and I cannot wait to come again

Room Tip: Rooms higher up are quieter
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for the recommendation Areo. As an independent hotel we rely on word of mouth to help us fill the hotel. Internet has been a big project this year. We have invested heavily in build one of the best free services in town from hotels and generally get high marks for it. If you ever have a problem, let the desk know. Often we can help.
Haifa, Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

A nice comfortable hotel in a very good, central location. The area is pretty quiet, but within walking distance (a few minutes) from the harbor, restaurants and attractions. There's a nice view from the small balcony, and the on-site parking is great. The staff is friendly. All in all a good place to stay in Victoria.
One note: the air-conditioning is an external, very loud unit. Use it when you're not in the room or hope it doesn't get too hot...

Room Tip: The junior suite had a nice large bedroom with two beds, a small but useful kitchen, an additional...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for your review LironHoifa. Our central location brings people in the door and our staff tend bring them back. I am glad to hear you had a similar reaction. One of the unique features of Victoria is it's temperate climate which is why most buildings do not have Air Conditioning. Our AC units are only called to action a few days a year. It does help to cool the room when you are out but I agree with you in keeping it off when you sleep. I hope you can return to see us again some time.

Been to Chateau Victoria Hotel and Suites? Share your experiences!