“great hotel, great value” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Chateau Victoria Hotel and Suites

You added Chateau Victoria Hotel and Suites to your Saves list
Chateau Victoria Hotel and Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   740 Burdett Ave, Victoria, British Columbia V8W 1B2, Canada   |
Ranked #15 of 58 Hotels in Victoria
Fernie
“great hotel, great value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2011

The hotel is just around the corner from the Victoria Conference Centre and a short walk to the Parliament Buildings. Everything is a short walk away. Great location!
The room is comfortable and our room did not have the greatest view, but that was ok as we did not spend a lot of time in our room anyway. If you want a fantastic view, the Vista 18 has a fantastic view. I highly recommend making a reservation... even for breakfast.... to have a better chance of getting a window seat. Oh and not to mention how good the food is.... the pancakes are fantastic as is the eggs benedict.
The front desk staff are very helpful and are quite ready to assist you with giving directions and recommendations.
The beds in the room are very comfortable and as an added bonus, the room coffee is excellant!

Room Tip: there was some street noise, next time I stay at this hotel.... and I will.... I will ask for a room...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
mpaul1202, Director of Sales at Chateau Victoria Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, October 21, 2011
Thank you for your review.
In looking back at our reviews this summer and fall, I have noticed that yours was not responded to. I know there is a delay from the time I write these responses to the time they are posted and I tend to think some just don't make it. I am sorry my response wasn't up there right away but I do want you to know we review all comments both good and constructive. Much of our future capital expenditures are determined from reviews so please keep them coming. i can't tell you how valuable they are.
Kind Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2011 via mobile

This place is really nice...the same league as any urban Sheraton or Hilton. However our suite did not have full air conditioning. It did have one of those portable AC units in the bedroom of the suite...the ones with the hoses that run out the window. But it was a challenge to get the suite to a temperature that was comfortable for us, and seemed rather "ghetto" for such a nice place.

So yes this place has AC....sort of. We were just rather surprised that such a nice hotel suite had obviously inferior climate control. Other places we have stayed at in Victoria are fully air conditioned, especially suites.

I hate for this to be the killer in an otherwise really nice place. But we both suffered through the night so to be honest it did make us think otherwise.

• Stayed September 2011
mpaul1202, Director of Sales at Chateau Victoria Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, September 22, 2011
Thank you for your comments about air conditioning. It is important to note that air conditioning is feature that is not built into most hotels in Victoria. Historic hotels such as the Empress do not have it nor do some brand new properties. Average temperature at night in the summer is below 15 C so it is rarely used and hard to justify the cost on new builds or renovations. We did have a few warm days in September which is probably during your stay. Please accept my apologies for not keeping the room to the temperature for you. We are doing our seasonal maintenance on all units to make them more efficient and this is usually enough to keep our guests comfortable. We hope you return to try us again.
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011

This is a nice hotel very conveniently located (just behind the Empress), near the inner harbour and two blocks from the downtown bus terminal (to go to the ferry to Vancouver).
Very good service. The last floor bar and restaurant (for breakfast and more) has a 360 degree view. You'll see Mt. Baker if weather permits!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Port Townsend
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011

Walking into our room and finding two separate sleeping areas was a big and welcomed surprise. Linens were fresh, crisp and in general everything was sparkling clean. Staff so very accomodating and friendly. We were picked up at the ferry and driven to the hotel. Breakfast at the tower dining room, Vista 18, was delightful with a near 360 view of Victoria.
Our next night was at the Empress. Our return trips will be back to Chateau Victoria! They made our trip very memorable.

Room Tip: Can't think of a "tip" other than to ask if your suite has a fold out couch or a bed.
British Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011

We had a two-bedroom suite with wrap-around windows in the living-room/kitchen area, offering a great views of downtown Victoria both by day and by night. The beds in both bedrooms were super-comfortable, and our suite was very quiet - no slamming doors as is the case in some hotels. We loved taking the "vertical bus" (the elevator) down to Clive's Lounge off the main lobby where we were educated about mixology by our helpful server. (Try the "Cannibals' Campfire" for something really unusual.) We selected four dishes from their small-dish menu which were superb and more than adequate for a full dinner. The location, in the heart of the downtown, makes it easy to visit attractions such as the Royal Museum, with its outstanding exhibits, as well as being close to shopping and restaurants.

Western Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011

The hotel has great views from the upper levels, on the 11th, and visited the restaurant on the 18th. The breakfast in the morning offered great views on the 18th floor. We watched the US ferry come into port.
Suite was a 1 bedroom, and a full bed in the main part along with a comfy couch and chair.
Beds were really comfy and best sleep for a awhile. A corner suite facing north west, was quiet with the patio door closed. There was a mini fridge suitable for us.
Internet connection I used was a wired connection, worked ok.
I didn't visit the restaurant on the main floor, chose to walk thru the downtown and try some local places.
Parking was covered with access to the side of hotel, came in handy with the rain.
The staff were very friendly and made the stay enjoyable.
I would stay in the hotel again next time in town.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
mpaul1202, Director of Sales at Chateau Victoria Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, September 19, 2011
Thanks for the review Jasco.
I always like to see notes about a good nights sleep. Next time you are back, give that bar off the lobby a try. I was one of four nominated for best hotel bar in the world by Tales of the Cocktail in New Orleans. We look forward to seeing you back soon.
Yuma, AZ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2011

We stayed in the 2 bedroom suite and were impressed by its, size, cleanliness, and amenities. Staff was responsive to our needs and very knowledgeable of the area and local restaurants. A quick 10 minute walk from the ferry at the inner harbor and a perfect location for visiting all the sights and streets we were interested in. Would definitely recommend and will stay there at our next visit.
Port Ludlow, Wa

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review Bill.
I always like to hear about our employees and I thank you for passing on your recommendation to stay with us. We look forward to seeing you visit again.

Been to Chateau Victoria Hotel and Suites? Share your experiences!