“Grossness!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Capri Motel

Capri Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Victoria
Capri Motel
You added Capri Motel to your Saves list
21 Gorge Road East, Victoria, British Columbia V9A 1K7, Canada (Burnside)   |
Ranked #51 of 58 Hotels in Victoria
Alberta
“Grossness!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2005

This was a pretty gross motel. It was very cheap but the rooms had an odd smell and there was a pretty sketchy looking motel beside us. Our room was very dark and dingy and the whole building could use an overhaul.

• Stayed April 2004

Families
Couples
Solo
Business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2005

This is a major dive of a motel. Before staying here I had never stayed at a no-name motel before I had always stayed at chains. I try never to stay in a no-name motel again.

This place was disgusting. Victoria was amazing so I overlooked the motel but looking back on it, it was BAD.

My room was huge but it only had one window. It had Brown shag carpets and white walls with no baseboards. The person above me said the same thing and must have had the same room. The whole place was 70's and in small motels it does not take much to make it nice. Everything was 70's including that chairs around the table (BARF GREEN).

I could have stood the decor if the room was at least clean. The shag carpet was thick like most shag and gritty. The beds were clean but the pots, plates, cups, spoons, and forks were all dirty. The bathroom was small and brown tiled floor and half way up the wall. It needed to be renovated badly. The counter top was moldy and grosstesk.

The outside is cute but not the inside. It is now afordable housing so that tells you what it was like!!

• Stayed August 2004
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2005

This Is Not A Very Nice Motel And I Would Stay Elsewhere.

The Rooms Are Not That Clean As I Knew When I Walked On The Thick Carpet It Was Very Gritty And It Made You Feel Kinda Gross. There Was No Smell In The Room Which Is Not Like Most Hotels That Smell Good. The Couches Were Very Hard And The Room Was Dark.

The Decor Was Old 70's Crap. There Was An Old Coffee Table And Desk Which Were That Dark Brown And Had Wierd 70's Design On Them. The Beds Were Nice But The Bedside Tables Were Part Of The Wall And Were Dark Wood As Well. The Curtains Were Barf Green, And There Was A Valance Lamp Above Them Which Did Not Give Much Light. The Master Bedroom Was Very Nice And So Was The Bathroom. There Was A Light Wood Table From The 70's And The Chairs Were Barf Green. The Carpet Was Brown Shag From The 70's.

Our Friends Room Was Also A Suite But It Was Nicer As It Was A Corner Suite And It Looked At Flowers. Our Room Looked At A Piller, Roof, And Bamboo Bush (Room #120). There Was Also A Wierd Plant Room About The Size Of A Small Bathroom, It Had Plants And A Lamp On A Timer.

The Location Is Very Nice And It Is Near The Gorge. There Were Large Houses On The Street We Were On, The Problem Was The Street Was Busy And Our Room Was Next To It. 3 Blocks North Of Our Motel Was A 7-11 Store On Burnside Ave, Only Problem Was That Area Is Not Nice And Has Many Old Buildings. There Was A Mall Near But If You Don't Have A Car (Like Us) You Have To Walk Through The A Gross Nieghborhood And Past Many Abadoned Buildings.

If You Are Looking For A Cheap Place To Spend A Night Or Two, And You Are Sightseeing This Place Will Do But If Are Not On Budget And Are Looking For A Nice Hotel, Pass Right By Here.

I Figured It Out And It Cost Like $20 (Cad) Per Night.

Note: The Beds In This Place Are Not That Bad For A Cheap Motel.

• Stayed April 2004
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2005

During my one week stay at the capri motel I noted These problems.

Cons List
5. Wierd Smell

Pros List
1. Clean Bathroom & Sheets
2. Great Fridges
3. Great Location (For A Couple Of Blocks)
4. Powerfull Shower
5. $600.00 Monthly Rates (Even Suites)

My grandparent go here for a month & I Go For A Week So It Is Good For Us Because We Stay for a Long Time And It Has A Kitchen. If You Have Lots Of Money Or Are Going For A Short Trip I Would Stay Somewere Else.

Note: It Was Sold And It Will Be Torn Down Soon And Will Not Be Rebuilt!!

Alberta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2004

My family stayed here in April. I came for a week but my grandparents came here for a month. The price is Great $600 a month wow. The Decor is from the 70s and it has not been changed. However The motel is very clean and comforable. The couchs are great and most rooms have kichens [very nice] my room was the managers suite so it had a larger layout including a couch bed and queen size bed in the living room. The seperate bedroom with two closets had a queen size bed. Every other room had a couch bed and a seperate bedroom. Ugly decor but highly recomended. It made my trip to Victoria great.

Been to Capri Motel? Share your experiences!