“Good hotel, not much service,failed to provide adequate accommodation” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Executive House Hotel

You added Executive House Hotel to your Saves list
Executive House Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   777 Douglas Street | at Burdett Ave., Victoria, British Columbia V8W 2B5, Canada   |
Ranked #20 of 58 Hotels in Victoria
Kirkland, Washington
“Good hotel, not much service,failed to provide adequate accommodation”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

Hotel is centrally located, clean and room was in good condition. We booked one bedroom suite with king bed in the bedroom and queen pull out bed in living room. When we got to the room, the pull out bed was very small, basically a love seat sofa. When I called the front desk I was told that even though my reservation says queen sofa bed, hotel doesn't show that detail. In future I should only book through hotel and not via Expedia. Really? Then I was told if I need bigger sofa they can upgrade me to a pent house suite for $350 more. My room already is costing me $370, so I passed on the bargain price of additional $300 to get queen sofa bed.
I must say, given the cost of the room, I did hope for a better response.
There is full kitchen but there is no room to cook. There is hardly any room between the stove and the sink.
I will not recommend this hotel, especially with the bizarre explanation and suggestions I received from the not so helpful staff.

Room Tip: Once you book your room, I used hotels.com, call them to ensure you will get the type of room you ha...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
  • Korean first
Omaha, Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

This hotel was chosen by our tour company. Very pleased to stay here two nights. The hotel is old but very well updated. The bedding and linens were top of the line. Rooms extremely clean. We had a room with a small balcony and one of the few with a add on air conditioner. Enjoyed breakfast at Caffe ad'Amore, dinner at the English pub Bartholomew's, and a drink in the Doubles Lounge. Slow elevator service during busy times. Easy to walk to the Harbor area.

Room Tip: Air conditioning not often needed in Victoria, but ask if you want it. Lots of street noise with ope...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

Great location in downtown Victoria. Lots of resturants and pubs around as well as a Rexall and 7 11 within a blocks radius. Pub at base of hotel had great food and atmosphere. Loved the patio. Very close to the harbor and Government Street.
We Spent two nights at the hotel. Beds and pillow were very comfortable. Room very basic. No AC but fan provided did the trick and blocked out any other noise that we may have encountered. Did not get a room with a balcony or a view as requested. We were offered an upgrade to one for a price. I understand paying for a view of the harbor since it was the weekend of the symphony but not to have just the room next door with a balcony. Disappointed on that front. Staff was pleasant but only dealt with them during check in and out. We used self parking which was fine but the stalls were very tight.
Good option for a quick trip to the city but would probally try one of the other many hotels in the area that offer upgrades and breakfast.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

My sister and I have just spent 3 nights in this hotel. It is in walking distance to the town and the harbour. The beds are comfortable and the staff was very helpful and friendly. It was great to have free wifi in our room. We did not have a view but that did not matter. The food in the restaurant wa s excellent and the pub downstairs sold nice cold beer and wine. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Parksville, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

I am usually pretty picky when it comes to staying in hotels, but this place was great. The place is busy, but they have enough staff to keep the line moving. My room was fantastic, with an amazing view. This was supposed to be my 1 year anniversary getaway but my husband had a last minute call and had to go to work but I decided to go to Victoria anyway, and the only reason this trip was not awful was because of the hotel. It was very relaxing, quiet, clean and the amazing view was the cherry on top of the cake. I usually go to Victoria twice a year, and I like to try different hotels, but I think I found the one I will be staying from now on…

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Edmonds, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Location is excellent.Close to everything, but showing signs of poor management.Gym & spa area unsupervised.Light out, fitting off toilet, water out in dispenser...small things in themselves, but tacky.Reception staff not real welcoming as there have been changes since last year. My wife wanted a fridge if it was possible, but there was not one available.Attitude of lady welcoming us very poor for a top hotel.In the breakfast restaurant I wanted another pot of tea and asked if they put fresh tea bags in the pot, and the waitress said,'No, they are too expensive'.I did pay a breakfast tab of $35!! By the way don't order the corned beef hash, it was terrible.This hotel used to be really good.

Room Tip: higher floors have less noise
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Nanaimo, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Friendly service was missing for our stay. Front desk staff basically too disinterested make us feel valued, when we arrived. Then subsequent contact was the same. No smiles, no interest in us, no recommendations in the building for food etc. The concierge seemed to be doing a lot of customer service with one group for about an hour, but not the front desk staff. We had 2 eight yr olds with us, no info about the hot tub. When I enquired about anything at the front desk, the quick reply was : "the info is all in your room in the book". Walking on the mezzanine level tried a door thinking it was the stairs, but it was an admin office. Instead of a smile and redirection, the girl in the office gave me an annoyed look and no info when I said I was trying to find the stairs. Friendly service was missing for our stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Executive House Hotel? Share your experiences!