“Close to everything and pleasant stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Executive House Hotel

You added Executive House Hotel to your Saves list
Executive House Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   777 Douglas Street | at Burdett Ave., Victoria, British Columbia V8W 2B5, Canada   |
Ranked #20 of 58 Hotels in Victoria
Sunshine Coast, Australia
“Close to everything and pleasant stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012 via mobile

Great location. Just down the road from the bus station so easy to walk to the hotel with your luggage. Twin queen beds for family of 4. Bathroom bit squishy when bathing the kids. Gym was very basic. Easy walk to all attractions.

• Stayed June 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
  • Korean first
BC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

Considering my stay was on a weekend and in early summer, I was surprised at the awesome rate I got ($115). For a 3 star I was fairly impressed. The rooms were clean and up to date (I'm especially picky with bathrooms and this one was fine). The free WiFi is a plus, and I had room to work at the desk that was in my standard King room. I love being able to go outside on the balcony. The staff was approachable and helpful.

If you are attending an event at the Victoria Conference Centre, this location is ideal (practically right across the street) if you are looking for a more affordable option than the Empress. It is only blocks away from all of the shopping and restaurants in the downtown area, and is close to the waterfront. I would stay here again, especially for work!

Room Tip: Higher up for a better view from the balcony!
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

Though room on 16th floor there was never any wait for elevator. Breakfast in restaurant slow but solved on 2nd day with very low extra cost for room service. There is a 711 only 50 yards away for 24 hour supplies. The hotel is right behind the Empress and is walking distance to everywhere. Good parking with very reasonable $4 per day charge. Friendly staff.

Van City, BC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

I'll be brief as my stay was brief.
Felt the stay at the Executive was a good one, I put Very Good as I think its above average. The staff, service, cleanliness and food was all up to bar and beyond. The location is grand and the balconies are great to get a breath of fresh air is always needed when in a hotel. Free Wifi worked well. Liked the place and would go again. My only downfall was the King Room I stayed in didnt have a desk for my computer, only fallback.

Room Tip: In a perfect world you'll want to stay higher to get a good view. Lower and east facing doesnt...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
EricatExec, Sales Team Coordinator at Executive House Hotel, responded to this review, June 12, 2012
Hello,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback. Great to hear your stay met and exceeded your expectations. Next time you're in town, be sure to ask for a room with a desk, we have Standard Guest Rooms with and without.

Royse City, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

The hotel and room were nice, but the best part was its location. It's right behind the Empress - so easy walking distance to all of the harbor activities and to restaurants. We used the hot tub and that area was nice. The workout room looked pretty nice. Our room had a kitchenette, which we were told wasn't any extra, but we didn't need it and weren't even aware that we were going to have it until we checked in. The room was comfy, nice and clean, but maybe a bit overpriced. Parking was reasonable at only $4 per night.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Hi,

Thank you for your review. Glad you found our location convenient; I would agree with you, it's one of our best features! Good to hear you had a chance to check out our hot tub and fitness facilities - sometimes folks just don't have time to enjoy this area. Please be sure to visit us again next time you're in town.

Kind Regards,
Regina, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

I'm planning a trip though BC and super excited about going to Victoria. I've been researching hotels on Trip Advisor and finding lots of help from fellow travellers.

I would've loved to stay here but I don't think that will happen. I just called the front desk because I found a coupon on Trip Advisor for 15% off, the catch is that it had to be booked over the phone, not over the internet. The person who answered the phone knew nothing about the Trip Advisor coupon. I volunteered to provide the coupon code (Code ISP) but he wouldn't even take it, he said he was a manager there and if there was a Trip Advisor coupon, he'd know about it. He stated that if I brought in the coupon when we checked in, and IF it was legit, they would honour it then. That means I have to book at a regular price right now, print off the coupon, shlep it with me over a 3 day drive all the way from Saskatchewan, and then hope they are nice enough to give me 15% off? No thanks, there's lots of hotels in Victoria, and plenty with good Trip Advisor reviews... I'll try my luck at another place with some potential for customer service.

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
TarenExecutiveHouse, Marketing Team Coordinator at Executive House Hotel, responded to this review, June 12, 2012
It is most unfortunate that your request to book our Island Spring Special was declined. Personally, I am at a loss as to why this would have occurred but I assure you were are taking this matter seriously and will seek to amend the situation to avoid similar mishaps in the future.

I hope you will consider us again in the future and if you are still interested in booking please contact me directly Toll Free at 1.800.663.7001 or taren.phillips@executivehouse.com.

Kind regards,
Taren
Paisley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the hotel for 3 nights during our trip to Victoria and can't rate the hotel highly enough. The hotel is very easy to find, located just off of one of the two main roads leading into the centre of Victoria. It sits almost directly behind the Fairmont, so litlerally a two minute walk to the harbour. There was ample parking space in the hotel's onsite car parks and at only CAD$4 a day it was a total bargain compared to some of the other hotels we stayed in during our visit! The staff were very welcoming and throughout our stay asked how our visit was going and suggested some places we could visit - very helpful. We were on the fifth floor, facing away from the water front and not high enough to see over the fairmont unfortunately but our view was nice enough and you could see the sea if you went out onto the little balcony. Being so close to the harbour was so convenient - within walking distance (5 minutes max) from the BC Museum and IMAX, various shops (local and tourist), a number of restaurants and cafes and the parliament buildings - it was fantastic. The only dat we actually needed to use our car was to venture north to Butchart Gardens. The hotel is also only a 15 minute walk from the old fashioned Fisherman's Wharf harbour area. We stayed in a suite and although we booked our holiday through a travel agent, we specified our budget and whilst we stayed in some more basic hotels during our Canadian visit, this one obviously still fell within our budget which was great - the suite was massive. I have never slept in such a large bed! The kitchen was ideal with a microwave, cooker and hobs, full sized fridge freezer and sink. Lovely clean, standard bathroom and a very large front room. The bedroom and front room had huge flat screen TVs. We didn't use the restaurant so can't comment on that but the menu looked quite nice - we just chose to eat out as we were often out and about at dinner time. The staff went out their way to make us feel welcome, even offering us the use of umbrellas on one day when rain was forecast. If I go back to Victoria in the future I would definitely stay here again and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to others. Forget the extortionate prices of the Fairmont and try the Executive House hotel instead - you wont be disappointed!

Room Tip: Chance your luck and ask for a room higher up and facing the water - the views of the parliament bui...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Hello,

Thank you for writing such a detailed review of our hotel! It's great to hear that our staff are doing a good job of making our guests feel right at home. Nice to see that you find the price-point of our suites reasonable - we strive to offer the right balance of value and quality. Please visit us again next time you find yourselves in Victoria!

Kind Regards,
Eric

Been to Executive House Hotel? Share your experiences!