I picked the BW Inner Harbour because it is less than a block from the Victoria Clipper dock. My husband and I have stayed here before and really like the location and staff. The staff couldn't have been nicer or more helpful - from the reception desk to the room service and custodial personell. The walk uptown is not that bad and there are plenty of busses and cabs if walking isn't an option. Since the hotel itself is older there was some remodeling going on which did not bother us in any way.
Our room was a bit small, but we had a kitchenette that had a stove, refrigerator, coffee maker and microwave. I think there is a fee to use the kitchen equipment, but not just the microwave and coffee maker. I am assuming that our room had not been renovated because it took awhile for the hot water to reach our sink and shower - and it was a great shower, not a whimpy one. I gave the hotel a 3 star for sleep quality because our king-sized mattress was too soft for both my husband and me. So if you like a pillow-top mattress you will love the beds. Also, I think it is a little bit pricey for the amenities. The breakfast was self-serve and not that satisfying unless you like lots of carbs.
When my husband and I wanted to go to Butchard Gardens to see the Christmas lights we took the #75 bus, a direct route to Butchard, that stops in front of the Spaghetti Factory (where the old Crystal Palace used to be).
The hotel staff really do make this a place we enjoy staying at and will probably stay here on our next visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Great hotel located at Victoria's famous scenic Inner Harbour, just steps to attractions, shops and restaurants. Simply park your car and walk to all Victoria's sights. We offer a complimentary full breakfast buffet. Underground parking (max 6'6") is available for a daily charge. Well-appointed guest studios and one-bedroom suites include a private balcony, fridge, microwave & DVD player. Ask about kitchen studios for extended stays. Luxurious penthouses offer stunning harbour views. Relax & unwind in the outdoor seasonal pool, indoor whirlpool, sauna, steam room and fitness room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Agoda and Otel so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Inner Harbour reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Inner Harbour Hotel Victoria
- Best Western Hotel Victoria
- Best Western Victoria
- Best Western Inner Harbour
- Victoria Best Western