“Can't Beat This Location.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Inner Harbour

Save Saved
You added BEST WESTERN PLUS Inner Harbour to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS Inner Harbour
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   412 Quebec Street, Victoria, British Columbia V8V 1W5, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Low Rate, Guaranteed
Ranked #5 of 57 hotels in Victoria
Seattle, Washington
“Can't Beat This Location.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2010

I picked the BW Inner Harbour because it is less than a block from the Victoria Clipper dock. My husband and I have stayed here before and really like the location and staff. The staff couldn't have been nicer or more helpful - from the reception desk to the room service and custodial personell. The walk uptown is not that bad and there are plenty of busses and cabs if walking isn't an option. Since the hotel itself is older there was some remodeling going on which did not bother us in any way.
Our room was a bit small, but we had a kitchenette that had a stove, refrigerator, coffee maker and microwave. I think there is a fee to use the kitchen equipment, but not just the microwave and coffee maker. I am assuming that our room had not been renovated because it took awhile for the hot water to reach our sink and shower - and it was a great shower, not a whimpy one. I gave the hotel a 3 star for sleep quality because our king-sized mattress was too soft for both my husband and me. So if you like a pillow-top mattress you will love the beds. Also, I think it is a little bit pricey for the amenities. The breakfast was self-serve and not that satisfying unless you like lots of carbs.
When my husband and I wanted to go to Butchard Gardens to see the Christmas lights we took the #75 bus, a direct route to Butchard, that stops in front of the Spaghetti Factory (where the old Crystal Palace used to be).
The hotel staff really do make this a place we enjoy staying at and will probably stay here on our next visit.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple

926 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (275)
Kelowna, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2010

Our stay was very enjoyable. This was the first time in 3 years that we have been on a little getaway. I am now partially disabled and using a walker. I was concerned that I would feel akward in a hotel setting but was greatly relieved that the staff went out of the way to assist me. Sarah was in the hall cleaning a room and when I tried to go down the hall my walker would not fit with the cleaning cart in the way. She noticed that I was having problems and came ot of the room she was in and moved the bedding off the cart so I could go thru.Very pleasant was the staff at the desk and also in the breakfast room. A-one rating and if we come to Victoria again, I would come to your hotel. Linda Dyck

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Abbotsford, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2010

Not a top end luxury hotel but just a nice clean quiet place to stay. Great location and walking distance to just about everything downtown Victoria. Stayed here many times and has now been upgraded. Friendly staff, continental breakfast, very clean, and not a bunch of fussing around, just the way I like it. I will keep coming back here.

courtenay
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2010

I've had pleasure of travelling around the world and staying in many different hotels. I can say with complete certainty that Best Western is by far the most equitable when cost and value are compared.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
BWIH_Manager, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inner Harbour, responded to this review, December 16, 2010
Thanks so much for your comments and for taking the time to share your experience as our guest. We look forward to seeing you again when your travels next bring you to Victoria, BC!
vancouver island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2010

Staff very friendly and very accommodating.
Room very clean. Staff very helpful in placing me in
a room in quiet part of hotel.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
BC, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2010

We both grew up in Victoria and visit now and then - this is the first time we stayed at this hotel and chose it because of a great deal on a stay of three nights or more. We were very pleasantly surprised - free parking, free wi-fi, and the best hotel free buffet breakfast we have seen in our North American travels. The room was very comfy and we were very happy to find TWO big comfy chairs so we each had one. The bed was great although it was a challenge to keep all the slippery blankets and the comforter on all night. The staff were helpful and friendly especially the girls in the breakfast room. There was a small kitchen and a nice balcony. The location is excellent, right close to the Inner Harbour and within walking distance of shopping on Government, Douglas and Fort Streets.

nanaimo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2010

We just came back from spending a night at the best western inner harbour. First of all they provide secure, underground parking at no cost. The check in was quick and they have an express check out, so that was even quicker. The room was extremely spacious with a small kitchen area and balcony. Balcony would be nice in the summer but with the snow, we weren't able to enjoy it. The bed was very comfortable and the room was quiet. I did request a quiet room though, so that could have something to do with it. I used the hot tub which was rather large and very relaxing. My only complaint would be that the hot tub is in a very secluded area which I personally was not totally comfortable with. Others might not mind this at all.Free internet. I love this. Often at high end hotels we have had to pay for this. We also received a breakfast in the morning, which we thought was very good. You could make waffles and of course there were the breads, muffins, coffee and fruit. For under $100 we thought a downtown hotel that offered as much as this hotel did was a very good value. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Inner Harbour? Share your experiences!