First time to Victoria and Canada, my family of 4 including two youngsters, ages 7 & 10, had the time of our life in this extremely family friendly place for 4 nights.
Always looking for a place to take the family for adventures, I researched this hotel and chose it because of: location close to most things of the inner harbor/downtown including floatplanes and Clipper pier but in a residential feeling area with plenty of sights and restaurants nearby, nice outdoor swimming pool for the kids, a one bedroom suite with sofabed and small kitchen, great reviews and reasonable price.
The staff without fail were friendly, funny and very helpful with all my orientation questions. I know they get these questions all the time, but they made us feel at home and never a bother. The housekeeping did the same.
They offer a very nice breakfast 6:45-10:45( I believe) with juice, pastries, pancakes, eggs, sausage, potatoes, coffee, oatmeal, cereal.
The rooms are very clean and ours newish looking with comfy beds. The kitchen had a mini-fridge, full stove and oven, sink(no disposal or dishwasher), microwave and coffeemaker. The 1 bedroom suites face Quebec Street with large, long patio. The outdoor pool is heated with beautiful garden area, tiny exercise room with elliptical, bike, stairstepper, no weights, nice indoor hottub, sauna and steamroom which we used a lot.
We visited the Royal Musuem, Imax(Vikings- I fell asleep), Bug Zoo, MIniature Museum, Chinatown(bascially 1 decorative street with fun shops for kids and restaurants), Bastion Square, Fisherman's Wharf- eat fish and chips, kids like Barb's for chicken strips, we parents like the fresh fish next door to Barb's, kayaked there as well- great family outing- no experience needed( kid must be 7 or older), walk along the harbor, take a carriage ride, water taxi around the harbor, do afternoon tea at Murchies. We rented a car for a day at nearby Budget drove up Saanich penisula and Sydney, gardens, Butterflies, aquarium, putt putt, lighthouse and Fort Rudd, on and on it goes, so much to do...Took floatplane in, Clipper out to Seattle.
Lots of nearby eateries: Spaghetti Factory, Chongos, Red Fish- Blue Fish, The Docks(the kid's favorite)etc. Five blocks to grocer in nice neighborhood. Very safe, clean, wonderfully friendly people offering advice. We'll be back, Best Western treated us well!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Great hotel located at Victoria's famous scenic Inner Harbour, just steps to attractions, shops and restaurants. Simply park your car and walk to all Victoria's sights. We offer a complimentary full breakfast buffet. Underground parking (max 6'6") is available for a daily charge. Well-appointed guest studios and one-bedroom suites include a private balcony, fridge, microwave, free wifi & DVD player. Ask about kitchen studios for extended stays. Luxurious penthouses offer stunning harbour views. Relax & unwind in the outdoor seasonal pool, indoor whirlpool, sauna, steam room and fitness room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Inner Harbour reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Inner Harbour Hotel Victoria
- Best Western Hotel Victoria
- Best Western Victoria
- Best Western Inner Harbour
- Victoria Best Western