“Great place to stay!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Downtown Strollers B&B

Downtown Strollers B&B
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Victoria
Downtown Strollers B&B
You added Downtown Strollers B&B to your Saves list
410 Government Street, Victoria, British Columbia V8V 2L5, Canada (James Bay)   |
Ranked #49 of 110 Victoria B&B and Inns
Manama, Bahrain
“Great place to stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2011

My work keeps me travelling quite a lot and I try to take side trips whenever I can so I have been in quite a few B&B's and Downtown strollers is up there with the best if you are looking for a clean, quiet, comfortable homely place and not the hard edged chrome and glass straightjacket hotel experience.

Bonnie serves an excellent healthy and hearty breakfast with care. Tremendous location within a short easy walking distance from downtown, parks and shops.

I would definitely stay again

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2011

Bonnie's Downtown Strollers B&B is where I stay when I visit Victoria. Bright clean rooms, excellent breakfasts and fruitbowl! But the location is the "icing on the cake": 2 blocks from Victoria Harbour, high tea at the Empress Hotel, and fabulous tourist sites! One block from Beacon Hill Park with free concerts, walking trails, and fabulous beaches on the shores of the Pacific! Just an excellent B&B, I just love it!

• Stayed December 2010
St. Albert, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2011

Various members of our family have stayed at Downtown Stroller's over the years since we first found this "home away from home" in 1996. I took my youngest son for Spring Break for four years from 1998 to 2001 and my husband and I have also stayed here including most recently on our way through in April of this year.

Just three blocks from the Inner Harbour, the B & B is close to all the sights, including beautiful Beacon Hill Park, but removed enough to be quiet at night. The rooms are spotless, nicely decorated and very comfortable. The proprietors are friendly, helpful and very welcoming. Breakfasts are delicious and thoughtfully prepared and presented. I would recommend A Downtown Stroller's B &B to anyone planning a trip to Victoria. Plan to book well in advance during peak season as there are many regular guests who have discovered this charming lodging.

Room Tip: All rooms are equally comfortable
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Townsville, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2011

We had two nights in Victoria at Strollers which was very comfortable and a easy walk into Downtown Victoria. Bonnie was a wealth of information on what to do around the city and the Breakfast was yummy.
Rooms were cozy and comfortable for a great rate.
Would recommend.
Neil & Lorelle
Townsville
Queensland Australia

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2010

We have been staying at Bonnie's B and B every year since it opened in 1997. What more can you say? The location can't be beat, and the rooms and breakfasts (especially the breakfasts!) are wonderful. Bonnie is always such a wonderful host, and we feel so much at home when we are there.

We have stayed at many B and Bs, but "A Downtown Strollers" is the only one we keep coming back to year after year.

Pete and Lorraine Chapman, Edmonton

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2010

I visit Victoria 3 times each year and I now have stayed at Downtown Strollers 4 times. Each visit is 2 weeks and I am very fortunate to have found Bonnie's B and B.
I stay in the fireplace room and have a king size bed, loveseat, small dining table and separate entrance. I am very comfortable and relish this cozy, quiet neighborhood near Beacon Hill Park. Because of the length of my stay I do not have the breakfast and instead set up the small fridge, electric kettle, microwave and kitchen cabinet to make simple meals. Bonnie is very responsive to my requests and has been helpful in orienting me to Victoria restaurants, shopping and transportation.

Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
vancouver island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2010

We first stayed with Bonnie at Downtown Strollers B&B in September. We enjoyed it so much that we decided to stay there again for this Valentine's Day weekend.

Our room was large, cozy and comfortable, the king-size bed lovely, and the breakfast divine. Each morning began with fresh fruit and yogurt, juice and tea or coffee, followed by a hearty breakfast that was different every time. The food was served in a dining room filled with art, on gorgeous china, and with our hostess' charming company.

The location could not be better - 5 minutes to the harbour and the Empress Hotel, the bed & breakfast is located along a nice quiet residential street.

Having stayed at the Downtown Strollers B&B twice, I feel confident in saying we'll be back. Bonnie made us feel welcome and was very flexible with the breakfast schedule. Highly recommended.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Downtown Strollers B&B? Share your experiences!