“Smaller is better” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Miniature World

Miniature World
649 Humboldt St. | Empress Hotel, Victoria, British Columbia, Canada (Downtown)
250-385-9731
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #19 of 57 attractions in Victoria
Type: Children's Museums, Specialty Museums
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Unique Tourist Attraction in Victoria, British Columbia. Located in the famous Empress Hotel. Over 85 miniaturized dioramas. Further adventures, tiny treasures and little pleasures await all who continue into FrontierLand, FantasyLand, the Fields of Glory, the World of Dickens and Olde London Towne of 1670. Special effects in lighting, sound and animation are added to create this miniaturized extravaganza that continues to thrill and delight the young and young at heart! 11 new exhibits coming May 2014!
Bridlington, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
“Smaller is better”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

Great value, much more there than you can imagine, all sorts of models in a variety of scales, well worth the money.

Visited October 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Lawrence, Kansas
11 attraction reviews
“great "little' escape”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

We decided to do this because it was raining and so glad we did!
The displays are incredible, so much time and energy went into them.

Visited October 2013
Pflugerville, TX
5 attraction reviews
“Miniature World”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

This was GREAT! I have always been fascinated by miniatures but this just blew my socks off. The variety and the detail were amazing. Some of the dioramas took four years to complete. I want a job there!!

Visited May 2013
MiniatureWorld, General Manager at Miniature World, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Hello texastumbleweed,

Great review! We love receiving five star ratings and appreciate the effort it takes to review attractions worldwide. You are correct in the amount of time it takes to complete some dioramas. Years of painstaking work have created our detailed masterpieces that continue to inspire the young and young at heart! We’re thrilled the MiniWorld experience “blew your socks off!”

This is a wonderful place to work! If you have a miniature artist brewing inside your soul, it is understandable why artistic employment would be a great fit. We’ve welcomed many artists into the realms of Miniature World that have added their unique touch to the many displays. 42 years in the making and still growing! Check out our facebook and twitter page to further indulge the artist within! https://www.facebook.com/miniatureworldvictoriabc , https://twitter.com/Miniature_World
Vancouver
“Cute little place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Passed by it many times during my previous visits but never went because I didn't think the price was worth it to see models. Since it was a rainy day though, we decided to check it out and the place is bigger than I had imagined. There are a lot of displays to see, and some with buttons to press to make items move. Glad I checked it out so I can say I've been to Miniature World, but I think once is enough for me.

Visited September 2013
St Louis, missouri
55 attraction reviews
“Not worth the money unless you really enjoy doll houses and miniture army men.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

I went in with my wife knowing I would not like it and I was right. It has many doll houses, army battles, old west towns, and model planes hanging from a ceiling depicting a dogfight. Not sure what they could have done to make it better. They only good part was a model of logging plant. They had a video on how the plant worked which was interesting.

Visited September 2013