“Cozy, Quaint, Friendly, Excellent Food and best choice of a B&B inVictoria” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Beaconsfield Inn

You added Beaconsfield Inn to your Saves list
Beaconsfield Inn
4.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   998 Humboldt Street, Victoria, British Columbia V8V 2Z8, Canada   |
Ranked #9 of 110 Victoria B&B and Inns
santa rosa california
“Cozy, Quaint, Friendly, Excellent Food and best choice of a B&B inVictoria”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2010

I couldn't have chosen a better B&B to bring my mom, daughter and sister. We loved the warm cookies and Sherry after a long day of touring. Breakfast was a great surprise very gourmet salmon on a spinich filo with poached eggs and YUMMY cinnamon muffins. The Gatekeepers Suite was spacious for 4 with a great jaccuzi tub and fireplace, we had to pull ourself out on our last day 2 nights just wasn't enough. And the staff were friendly and helpful... I LOVED this B&B and give it 5 stars. Forgot to mention we had a rent a car but chose to walk to town it is very close, you could take the Ferry and walk to the B&B.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Yakima, WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2010

We had a wonderful stay. The hospitality was exceptional as was the food. I want to go back and sit in the library for a quiet read with a glass of sherry. I definitely hope to return for another great experience. Sam and Ellen

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Auckland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2009

I stayed here on my last night on a very long trip and it was a great way to finish my travels. Excellent location, lovely staff and lovely relaxing rooms.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
Henderson, Nv
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2009

Elegant and beautiful. Great service. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Albany, OR
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2009

This Bed and Breakfast is a large home/mansion with many guest rooms of various sizes. They encourage guests to look at unoccupied rooms which are left open and unlocked. During the course of our stay, most rooms became available and I had the opportunity to check them out. All the rooms I saw were quite nice with similar amenities. Some were on the smaller side but some were very large. We stayed in the Beaconsfield suite which is the only room on the thrid floor. The bed was comfortable and the room was spacious and clean. My only real complaint is that there is no air conditioning and the room did get very warm in the afternoon with the unseasonably hot weather during our stay. It was also a bit of a climb up and down the stairs for me after a while, as out of shape as I am. the staff were very friendly and accomodating. Breakfasts were served at 8:30am, tea time at 3pm in the library and complimentary Sherry was available in the evenings. The food was wonderful and definately not run of the mill. One day was smoked salmon with a poached egg and hollandaise sauce. I don't usually care for salmon or poached eggs, but I still enjoyed it. I think my wife and I would definately stay here again.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Calgary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2009

Thoroughly enjoyed our stay at this beautifully maintained and cosy inn. Our room was beautiful. Very comfortable with lovely comforters and tastefully decorated with antique furniture. The breakfasts were delicious and the service was superb. Was wonderful to come back to the inn and sit in the warm and cosy library after a day of touring Victoria and have warm cookies, tea and a glass of sherry if you wanted.
Nice break before heading back out for the evening. We would definately stay at this inn again:)

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Calgary, Alberta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2009

My husband and our 13 year old daughter stayed at the Beaconsfield Inn for three nights on our summer vacation and were charmed by its history and elegance but never felt like it was stuffy or old. The warm cookies in the library when we arrived were a big hit. The breakfasts were amazing and the service impeccable. We stayed in the Gatekeepers Suite which had a separate bedroom for our daughter. It was comfortable and cozy and she loved having her own space to spread out. We also really enjoyed the patio off the suite for our personal enjoyment. Many good pages in a book were read while relaxing among the beautiful foilage. It was close to everything we wanted to do in Victoria and we walked everywhere. I would recommend that you experience this charming place for yourself.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family

Been to Beaconsfield Inn? Share your experiences!