“Great location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Grand Pacific

You added Hotel Grand Pacific to your Saves list
Hotel Grand Pacific
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   463 Belleville Street, Victoria, British Columbia V8V 1X3, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Gas Card
Ranked #14 of 58 Hotels in Victoria
Bremerton, Washington
“Great location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

This was our first visit to Victoria and we definitely plan on returning to Victoria and to the Grand Pacific. If you are arriving on the COHO or the Victoria Clipper the location can't be beat. We arrived on the COHO at about 10:10 am and were in our room by 10:30 am. All we had to do was cross the street. Only delay in checking in that early was the front desk had to check with housekeeping to make sure the room was ready. They gave us an upgrade to a Pacific Suite and the view was great. The tub was very deep and I was looking forward to a bath but did not have time. Elevators are fast, service at check-in and out were great, beds were comfortable. The pool area was inviting but again we ran out of time. Will return to Victoria and this hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (391)
Duncan, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012 via mobile

Stayed at the HGP this weekend, nice decor, I like the way the architecture is in keeping with the other heritage buildings, I.e. Empress & Legislature. Great toiletries, comfortable robes, and friendly staff. Everything was perfect we will go back.

• Stayed December 2012
Nanaimo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

My husband and I were given a one night stay at the Hotel Grand Pacific (which was time sensitive) and although we had allowed the certificate to expire the Hotel Grand Pacific honoured it. We decided to add an extra night on and make it a 2 night getaway. Our grandson, who lives in Victoria, first words on entering our room was "It smells good in here!" (and it did). My husband, son and grandson has a great time at the pool. Parking was included. Lovely room overlooking the Christmas Holiday Truck Parade. Bottom line - Great hotel, Great location, Great pool, Great staff and "It smell good!" We are planning another visit to the Hotel Grand Pacific.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I visit Victoria frequently and we always stay at the HGP. We love the reasonably priced pacific suites. These rooms are so comfortably decorated and have such breath taking views.
The in room dinning has been excellent and the service is always promt, professional, and friendly.
The HGP is located in the heart of the city and so handy to shops and tourist attractions.
The HGP also has an excellent health club for those inclined.
All in all a great place to stay.

• Stayed December 2012
Campbell River, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

We booked a room at the Hotel Grand Pacific specifically for the purpose of using their swimming pool. As we were checking in, with our one year old son, the lady at the front desk informed us that the pool is reserved for adults only between 5-7pm. This is a nice way to say children are banned from the pool at this time. As my husband is attending a conference until 5pm and my sons bed time is around 7pm we would really like to go swim between 5-7pm. When I phoned the pool to complain they notified me that excluding children from the pool is an acceptable practice of a “private health club”. I also complained to the management of the hotel who informed me that it was a regulation of the “private health club” and they can’t have kids “splashing around” when adults want to swim laps. The management also informed me that this policy is on their website, which it is, if you are going to go on a scavenger hunt to find it. It is not under the policy on children section. I am very disappointed. It’s a swimming pool not a night club. This is a case of blatant discrimination. Just because some people have a problem with a group in the population, doesn’t make it ok to discriminate against them. Are there other people who are banned from the pool? Children have a need to do exercise too not just adults.
As for it being a “private health club”, it’s a hotel swimming pool. If we paid to stay at the hotel we should be able to use the facilities. This whole situation has left me hopping mad. I will never stay here again. This situation has clouded my judgement about the mediocre view and the overpriced greasy food.

Room Tip: Stay at the Delta they have a great pool
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
elrosesk, General Manager at Hotel Grand Pacific, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Dear Guest,

Please know that we do our best to accommodate both our Hotel guests and our Athletic Club members when it comes to accessing our pool. We have a unique facility that features a 25 metre lap pool which both our members and guests enjoy.

As you indicated in your letter, the Guest Service Agent informed you about the adult only swim hours when you arrived. Our Agent that made your reservation sent you a confirmation letter that outlines the adult only swim hours. And, our website states that the Athletic Club has adult only swim hours.

I recognize that we are not meeting your specific needs but we are doing everything we can to inform our guests about our policy. I do sympathize with you because there is nothing worse than a dissapointed child that had high hopes to go for a swim. I am sorry for that.

Most of our guests with children tell us that we have a fine facility and they find a way to work around our policy. With this in mind, I sincerely hope that you reconsider your decision to stay elsewhere on your next visit to Victoria.

As for your comments about the view from your room, I am not certain if you informed us that you were unhappy but we would have gladly found a different room for you if you had.

Finally, I apologize for our alleged greasy food. It would be very helpful to know what your menu selections were so that I can review this with our Chef.

Thank you for your feedback and patronage.

Kind regards,

Reid James
Chilliwack, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

In a very short notice, I was to book a hotel stay for our dance group with dancers from age 4 to 17. I called the small group booking agent and everything was taken care with such a great rate.
Excellent service, great rooms, professional and courteous, but most of all affordable. My grandaughter called her stay at the "Castle" magical.

Room Tip: Waterfront is beautiful
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

For the past year, I have stayed at the Grand Pacific on almost a weekly basis... wonderful hotel, friendly and attentive staff. Restaurant food is fabulous and exercise facilities are the best. The location is very convenient, next to all the main attractions in Victoria. Within walking distance of great restaurants, stores and historic sites. Although I have not used the Spa facilities myself, my wife and duaghters have and said it was wonderful.

Room Tip: Suites in front of building have great views of the inner harbour. Suites on the west side have a gr...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hotel Grand Pacific? Share your experiences!